Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria (2498 Views)

5 Simple Money-making Businesses That Can Pay You Within Weeks Of Starting Up / 12 Simple Money Habits You Need To Become A Millionaire / Simplified Online Money Making Strategy (full Disclosure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
I decided to share an income generating strategy that works for me so that those interested can replicate same strategy and use it to their own advantage.

This piece hopefully will expound your knowledge on the strategy to adopt and start creating a sustainable and scalable means of livelihood while in Nigeria and it doesn’t matter if you have a job and matters so much if you have no job because this is actually a full-time job if you decide to take this piece of information very seriously and apply what you learn here.

I don’t intend to lecture anyone here on how to make money online or offline, what I am about to share is a practical reality of what I do that makes me money in Nigeria despite being outside the shores of Nigeria.

A lot has been written on this platform on how to make money through various means like crypto currencies, Forex, Affiliate marketing, ecommerce, drop shipping, mini importation and even Ponzi schemes have been promoted as a way of generating income yet some still struggle to get the desired results they envisaged before starting off with any of those online ventures listed herein.

Apart from my regular hourly paying job, I also do drop shipping as my side hustle and I started doing drop shipping full time in April 2018. I bought a drop shipping course for $12 on Udemy which is a 6 hours video course that taught what drop shipping is all about, how to get started, the potential pitfalls, the strategy to adopt, how to optimize your tittles, how to search for products that has proven to be goldmines since they generate consistent sales and how to source for such items etc.

I did emersed myself on the purchased course and I must say that I did got value for my money but deep in me, I still felt that there is still something I need to know about drop shipping which my Udemy course didn’t cover, therefore I kept on digging by combing YouTube and watching all videos on drop shipping to which I found out that the course I bought from Udemy was even more elaborate than what I was seeing on YouTube.

Almost everyone making videos on YouTube had same ending with one goal, TO SELL THEIR DROP-SHIPPING COURSE TO YOU. I have learnt from past experience that most people selling courses and eBooks and all those e-craps are nothing but information marketers who actually don’t do this businesses they are selling courses for, they just edit someone’s work and repackage it and sell to others and that is not the route I want to go at this point in time, all I seek for was a mentor that has seeing it all and has succeeded and still doing the business.

I came across a video on YouTube where the guy was actually teaching and at the end too he did advertise his course, but his peach got my attention because he did made some valid assertions I have never heard of before and my almighty $12 purchased course didn’t mentioned most of what I heard from this guy. The guy in question is an Attorney (Lawyer) here in U.S yet he does drop shipping too as a side hustle here in United States, so I decided to buy his course which sells for $299.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
I watched the entire training and now decided to go into drop shipping full time and his method was very simple, find a product that has been selling consistently for the past 4 months with over 1000 positive reviews on eBay then go search in Amazon.com to find if such product is sold in Amazon. once you find the product in amazon.com then go back to your eBay account and list that product as an item you are selling, then optimize your tittle and once someone buys that product from you from eBay, you now use their money to buy it from Amazon and amazon will now ship the item to the buyer while you keep the difference in $s as your profit.

I know I just spoke in Greek and didn’t make sense to some readers but here is the breakdown of all the jargons I just stated above.

Item sells for $10 in Amazon.com
I now list that item on my eBay selling account for $25
Someone buys the item from my eBay account for $25
I now use $10 from the $25 paid to me to buy the item from amazon for $10 and Amazon ships the item to the buyer that bought from my eBay store.
Now, I have made $15 profit for selling an item I never owned nor invested a dime on and that is what drop shipping is all about.

I currently have 100 thoroughly researched listed items selling on my eBay sellers account and I do have 5-7 sales on a daily basis, but my target is to get to 10,000 different items on my eBay selling account.

Having said all that, that is definitely not what I am here to teach you about because there are lots of hindrances that makes it practically impossible for Nigerians in Nigeria to do drop shipping on eBay and one of those limitations is this, eBay owns PayPal and PayPal is one of the payment processors used in buying and paying for items on eBay and your sold items on eBay are paid into your PayPal account instantly and Nigerians in Nigeria cant receive money in their PayPal account so that’s one major obstacle. (No thanks to the Yahoo Yahoo folks for creating these obstacles with their nefarious online activities)

In Mid May 2018, I decided to experiment an idea I have been nurturing in my mind for a while on replicating the same drop shipping strategy in Nigeria and the result I had blew my mind and that is the whole essence of this write up, to share what worked for me, to inspire like minds to take action by doing exactly what I will share right in here.

I decided to experiment with Jumia dot com dot ng and I also bought some wrinkle remover cream in small quantity and shipped to Nigeria for my experiment.

I just want you all to know this principle, whatever thing that is conceptualized in your mind is doable. This was just a concept on my mind and I decided to bring it to reality by trying it out.

I did some research on some products in Jumia dot com dot ng and I decided to drop-ship those products (sounds crazy right?). I picked up a product that was selling for #2000 in jumia and I decided to get to the checkout section to see the final cost of that item which will include the shipping cost as well so as to give the total cost. The product went up to #3000 since jumia was charging #1000 extra for shipping.

3 Likes

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
I told myself, let the game begin. I created a single product sales page with my software and uploaded the image of that item I found in jumia and I increased the price of the item to #5000, I also provided my contact number and my email address on the product page then I used a reputable bulk SMS company I have been using their services for the past 10 years since they were the founding fathers of bulk SMS services in Nigeria then. I paid #10,000 to the Bulk SMS service providers to broadcast my product page link to a demographics database in Lagos State and in Abuja and within 10mins after the broadcast, I started receiving calls from different people making inquiries about the product they just saw through the link I provided on the SMS they received.

I sold 25 of that item and made #50,000 since I was making #2000 profit on each item. They paid #5000 into my bank account and I used #3000 out of their money to buy the items at jumia.com while using the names and shipping address they sent to me and jumia delivered these items to them and they contacted me and thanked me for being honest.

Folks, you can see how I made a gross of #50,000 and a net profit of #40,000 after deducting the #10,000 I used to publicize the goods I was selling despite the fact that I don’t own these items nor did I created any store like shopify or a website and I didn’t sell on any international platform like Amazon nor eBay, I literally sold from an already existing ecommerce site in Nigeria to Nigerians. People, this is what drop shipping is all about.

I know I just gave out a business strategy for free and sharp shooters will definitely run with this strategy which is obviously my desired intent for you all.

The second strategy I inculcated into my business was to sell the wrinkle remover product I shipped to Nigeria and this product was the Holy grail for me because, it sold out in minutes and I was playing catch up since i was shipping directly by myself to different locations in Nigeria.

I used my software again and created a 2mins video sales page that showed a live demo on how the product clears out wrinkles in one’s face in few minutes and after watching the demo video, my phone started buzzing and that was how the product sold out. Below is a link to my wrinkle remover product page for all doubting Thomasies to know that this is a fact base assertion and not myth. http://vubacosms.theconversionpros.com/sl/WOW/

I have been selling this product for more than 2 months now in Nigeria despite not residing in Nigeria and the catch is the video presentation which I have inculcated as my selling strategy because most Nigerians are professional doubters, almost to the point of doubting their own existence but once you can show just a little proof that something works, then they start believing again and that’s what I achieved by deploying such strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
MY HUMBLE E-COMMERCE BUSINESS ADVICE TO EVERYONE:

All you have to do is to find just one product that sells like wild fire and promote that product by adopting my strategy of which interested fellas can contact me and I will create a one product sales page that will contain the image of whatever you are selling, and it will have the price of the item, your email and phone contact and that’s all you need. This is not a website nor a store like kind of settings, Hell No - This is a single product page that will be hosted in the cloud for life so there won’t be any annual hosting fees nor any reoccurring monthly fees like it is done while selling on eBay, Amazon nor shopify. This is your product page for life.

The next stage will be to use Bulk SMS which is a low-cost advertising strategy that has a very powerful effect when used to promote services that are in high demand, then sit back and take the business calls and responded to emails that will surely come by and then conclude your sales.

Customer Service is very key when utilizing this strategy. Pick up your calls and respond to emails in a very professional manner because whoever that is calling on you is also accessing your countenances, if you sound like a tout then you will surely not be patronized but if you come across to them like someone that is legit and knows his worth then be ready to conclude sales while on phone.

Once You start generating consistent sales from just that one product, then you will now need a second product to lunch and repeat same promotional strategy as you did with the first product. By the time you replicate this strategy with 5 different high in demand products then you would have successfully scaled your ecommerce business into a profit generating venture.
You can decide to buy these items for cheap from AliExpress, Alibaba or whichever wholesale platform you choose and then utilize this strategy to sell off your items and start building a large buying customer base for yourself or you can decide to adopt the strategy I used in selling a product I saw on jumia.com.

You can also apply this same strategy by finding people that already have items to sell but looking for marketers and then contact me to create a product page for that specific item, then increase the price and then promote the product. Once you make a sale, then you get the goods from the original owner and deliver to the buyer which is also known as retail arbitrage which is also another type of drop shipping technique.

Common guys, there is a lot of money to be made even while in Nigeria and all you need is to put on your thinking cap and explore all possibilities and if there is none then create one just like I did and sharing with you all.
I could easily sell this as an eBook because what I shared is literally an eye opener, but I believe in mentoring which practically means practicing what you preach.

Lots of people are creating websites to sell multiple products, some even have shopify accounts where they list many products by simply importing any product that tickles their fancy from AliExpress into their store and 95.5% of these guys are not making any money because there is no real focus. They can’t even get one campaign right because they have so many campaigns to run without being able to test and scale anything and that is total madness.

What kills a lot of ecommerce business is this, when they start, they try to do everything and try to sell everything. They don’t do product research to know what is selling so they just list items base on their emotions and perceptions which is not driving by fact-based research.

The best ways to research a product is to see how many reviews and ratings such a product has and if that product has sold more than 500 times with a minimum of 4.5 start ratings then that is a product to consider to sell but this may differ in the Nigerian context where reviews and feed backs are almost nonexistent, rather people buy base on trends, so your best approach will be to sell what people are buying most and one way to beat your competitors is using a single product sales page and if you have an item that already has a video on you YouTube then you can have a video sales page like this one with a product that has a video on the sales page http://vubacosms.theconversionpros.com/sl/WOW/

Incorporating videos in your product sales page for your ecommerce business is key because it captivates the attention of your prospects which eventually makes them to reach out to their wallet to buy your goods without second guessing themselves.

Keeping your single product sales page simple because it enables you to close the deal pretty fast since it has the price of the item right in there and it also has your contact as the seller and there are no other listed products that might become a distraction to the potential buyer. This strategy is working out well for me and I am super confident that it will produce the same desired result for you.

Having said this much, anyone can start generating profits today with their own products or from products you don’t own so there is no limitation except the ones you placed on yourself.

On a final note, if you have a product to sell and you want a replica of my product sales page in other to promote your goods to the Nigerian audience just like I am doing even from diaspora then get across to me through the email and contact number below my signature. As a result of time difference, my response may be 5 hours late from yours and I will prefer WhatsApp chat messages during the week days since I won’t be able to pick up call while at work but I can horridly respond to your WhatsApp messages and then tell you when It will be comfortable to receive your calls, but I can take any calls on weekend since I don’t work my regular job on weekends.

Thanks Folks for stopping by and reading this lengthy but effective home-grown money generating strategy I shared for free without monetizing it.

Wishing a big SUCCESS to all action takers.

Cc
Lalasticlala & Mynd44

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Sankabson(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
My Oga! following Sir.. Been a while tho??
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Sankabson:
My Oga! following Sir.. Been a while tho??

Shout out to You Mr Sanusi, I got your message and will respond back ASAP during my lunch break.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by wiseman2: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nice

1 Like

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by hopeforcharles(m): 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
Great write up

1 Like

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by bobowaja(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
Sir byrron.

Good work yiu are doing here. I will contact you soon maybe we can collaborate and make the best out of this strategy.

I am really lucky to have thinking guys as friends cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
bobowaja:
Sir byrron.

Good work yiu are doing here. I will contact you soon maybe we can collaborate and make the best out of this strategy.

I am really lucky to have thinking guys as friends cheesy cheesy

My brother from a different Mom, it's always a pleasure to read from you.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by braivheart: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
Wow, dude just dropped a bomb. Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
braivheart:
Wow, dude just dropped a bomb. Thanks man

Thanks for finding value in what I shared.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2018
Great input you have on this thread.

Look forward to doing some great stuffs with you in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by maximus2: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
i sent you an email sir....awaiting your response

thank you
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by deafeyez: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
Great insight.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by ziziangel(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2018
Awesome! Thanks Bro for being selfless, I think I need to get to work with this gold of an info
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
maximus2:
i sent you an email sir....awaiting your response

thank you

I did not received any email.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by eliteworld(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2018
Good morning sir, I love ur idea and will like to apply it too...but I would like to know if the singles sales page is same as a landing page. also pls I can find ur email address pls drop it here so I can contact u sir.
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by eliteworld(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2018
eliteworld:
Good morning sir, I love ur idea and will like to apply it too...but I would like to know if the singles sales page is same as a landing page. also pls I can find ur email address pls drop it here so I can contact u sir.

also here is my WhatsApp number sir I will greatly appreciate it if u could add me up on WhatsApp. Thanks once again for sharing this here without asking for money...God bless
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by eliteworld(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2018
eliteworld:

also here is my WhatsApp number sir I will greatly appreciate it if u could add me up on WhatsApp. Thanks once again for sharing this here without asking for money...God bless

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by FOWOSHERE01(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ingenious
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by Ziepinc: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
You are a good man. Keep doing what you are doing. Please how can i get your single sales page for my product?

byrron:
MY HUMBLE E-COMMERCE BUSINESS ADVICE TO EVERYONE:

All you have to do is to find just one product that sells like wild fire and promote that product by adopting my strategy of which interested fellas can contact me and I will create a one product sales page that will contain the image of whatever you are selling, and it will have the price of the item, your email and phone contact and that’s all you need. This is not a website nor a store like kind of settings, Hell No - This is a single product page that will be hosted in the cloud for life so there won’t be any annual hosting fees nor any reoccurring monthly fees like it is done while selling on eBay, Amazon nor shopify. This is your product page for life.

The next stage will be to use Bulk SMS which is a low-cost advertising strategy that has a very powerful effect when used to promote services that are in high demand, then sit back and take the business calls and responded to emails that will surely come by and then conclude your sales.

Customer Service is very key when utilizing this strategy. Pick up your calls and respond to emails in a very professional manner because whoever that is calling on you is also accessing your countenances, if you sound like a tout then you will surely not be patronized but if you come across to them like someone that is legit and knows his worth then be ready to conclude sales while on phone.

Once You start generating consistent sales from just that one product, then you will now need a second product to lunch and repeat same promotional strategy as you did with the first product. By the time you replicate this strategy with 5 different high in demand products then you would have successfully scaled your ecommerce business into a profit generating venture.
You can decide to buy these items for cheap from AliExpress, Alibaba or whichever wholesale platform you choose and then utilize this strategy to sell off your items and start building a large buying customer base for yourself or you can decide to adopt the strategy I used in selling a product I saw on jumia.com.

You can also apply this same strategy by finding people that already have items to sell but looking for marketers and then contact me to create a product page for that specific item, then increase the price and then promote the product. Once you make a sale, then you get the goods from the original owner and deliver to the buyer which is also known as retail arbitrage which is also another type of drop shipping technique.

Common guys, there is a lot of money to be made even while in Nigeria and all you need is to put on your thinking cap and explore all possibilities and if there is none then create one just like I did and sharing with you all.
I could easily sell this as an eBook because what I shared is literally an eye opener, but I believe in mentoring which practically means practicing what you preach.

Lots of people are creating websites to sell multiple products, some even have shopify accounts where they list many products by simply importing any product that tickles their fancy from AliExpress into their store and 95.5% of these guys are not making any money because there is no real focus. They can’t even get one campaign right because they have so many campaigns to run without being able to test and scale anything and that is total madness.

What kills a lot of ecommerce business is this, when they start, they try to do everything and try to sell everything. They don’t do product research to know what is selling so they just list items base on their emotions and perceptions which is not driving by fact-based research.

The best ways to research a product is to see how many reviews and ratings such a product has and if that product has sold more than 500 times with a minimum of 4.5 start ratings then that is a product to consider to sell but this may differ in the Nigerian context where reviews and feed backs are almost nonexistent, rather people buy base on trends, so your best approach will be to sell what people are buying most and one way to beat your competitors is using a single product sales page and if you have an item that already has a video on you YouTube then you can have a video sales page like this one with a product that has a video on the sales page http://vubacosms.theconversionpros.com/sl/WOW/ and this single product page without a video (https://app.storeless.io/p/stylish-ladies-handbags ), you will be amazed at the response.

Incorporating videos in your product sales page for your ecommerce business is key because it captivates the attention of your prospects which eventually makes them to reach out to their wallet to buy your goods without second guessing themselves.

Keeping your single product sales page simple like this one (https://app.storeless.io/p/stylish-ladies-handbags) is so vital because it enables you to close the deal pretty fast since it has the price of the item right in there and it also has your contact as the seller and there are no other listed products that might become a distraction to the potential buyer. This strategy is working out well for me and I am super confident that it will produce the same desired result for you.

Having said this much, anyone can start generating profits today with their own products or from products you don’t own so there is no limitation except the ones you placed on yourself.

On a final note, if you have a product to sell and you want a replica of my product sales page in other to promote your goods to the Nigerian audience just like I am doing even from diaspora then get across to me through the email and contact number below my signature. As a result of time difference, my response may be 5 hours late from yours and I will prefer WhatsApp chat messages during the week days since I won’t be able to pick up call while at work but I can horridly respond to your WhatsApp messages and then tell you when It will be comfortable to receive your calls, but I can take any calls on weekend since I don’t work my regular job on weekends.

Thanks Folks for stopping by and reading this lengthy but effective home-grown money generating strategy I shared for free without monetizing it.

Wishing a big SUCCESS to all action takers.

Cc
Lalasticlala & Mynd44

Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by arcdone(m): 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Wow... Eye openner
Re: Simple Money-making Strategy In Nigeria by CoachOore: 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Fully Equiped Unisex Salon For sale / Fidelity Bank- Who Really Knows This Bank? / Mandilas, Lagos Island Relocates To Trade Fair Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.