Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Article: Graduate For Another Country - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Article: Graduate For Another Country (242 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Article: Graduate For Another Country by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Graduate for another country

Note: "Education" here is refers to school education

Do you also wonder about the so called education of this country, you are not the only one friend, am in with you.

It is a pain in the bone whenever I think about our education system and not to even talk about our so called "Graduate"( you read my mind bro).

I think we should start from the beginning. What is education? With different definition giving by people from deffernt field of life, there is always two word that can be found in there definition "To impart" .

When people have been imparted, then it is time for them to tackle a problem in a particular area and hence that is why education is different for each generation, continent and country.

People were not just educated for the purpose of knowing, but for the application of that particular knowledge to the society which is not the case here.

As I have written above education should be giving according to the problem of that particular country with that i will like to indulge you in this analogy.

A man graduate from a university with a mechanical engineering degree, coming out with knowledge that equate that of the overseas and base on what he was thought in school his only dream is to build a flying car and electric car which is very much useless here because there are some underlying problem that need to be solved.

What will happen to the man? Bro your guess is good as mine he will travel out of the country to practice his studied course and like that our best graduates leaves the country with a problem still at home.

Then what is the benefit of that education to the country? How does it benefit the tax payer that finance is university.

Enough of competition with the developed country. We are developing, I know it hard to swallow but that's the fact ,those countries have passed through defferrent education system before emerging to what they are today.

There are countless of testimony that our student/graduate perform better when they are in other country, why won't they? Since our students are been trained to the standard of there society and not ours, seriously something need to be change.

It is time for education that will suit the needs of our country not producing graduate for the developed country.

Thank you

My name is ATAd.

(1) (Reply)

/ Do You Need A Competent Writer, Editor Or Proofreader? / Call For Submissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.