Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay (17544 Views)

Russia,ukraine War: Ways Nigerians Over There Could Stay Safe / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / Nigerians Pay N9.7bn For U.S. Visa In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Revolva(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nigerians pay for their hotel rooms in different ways because are so many payment options available at their disposal. However, the million naira question is which of the payment methods do they use often? i discuss research-backed ways Nigerians pay for their hotel stay.

Pay at the hotel

Despite the aggressive efforts of the Central Bank of Nigeria in encouraging a cashless economy and limiting the cash circulating, a good number of Nigerians still prefer to carry cash around to pay for their hotel stay and other allied services. According to the Hospitality Report 2018, 67% of Nigerians pay for their bookings at the hotel. This is unsurprising because of the level of trust Nigerians have for the other payment methods. Many believe that there will be no controversy or back and forth if they pay cash at the hotel notwithstanding if they booked their hotels online or at the hotel.

Mobile Money

Increased internet penetration has boosted the position of mobile money. As far as you have an internet-savvy smartphone, you can send money via your bank's mobile app. The ease at which you can transfer money seems to make mobile money an acceptable payment method for Nigerians. Research reveals that 19% of Nigerians use this option to pay for their hotel.

Offline shops

Even though many e-commerce platforms are online, they endeavour to raise their offline footprints by having and owning offline stores. In this case, 10% of Nigerians booked and paid for their hotel rooms at offline stores.

Credit/debit cards

Payment through credit/debit card is the least alternative Nigerians utilise to settle their hotel bookings. According to the hospitality report 2018, only 4% used the card payment choice. You may not be surprised because you have to provide your credit card details and PIN to pay for services, which can easily expose you to hackers and fraudsters. You will even be more vulnerable if the payment interface is insecure and easily penetrable.

The consequence of the low rating of credit/debit card is that it may take a bit of time before Nigerians prepay for services. This is why a number of e-commerce sites including Jumia Travel have to still make do with customers paying for services at hotels.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good thread...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by pocohantas(f): 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
What of "payment in kind"?

As you wan create thread.

Ahbeg make I carry my bad character dey go.

10 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
See where Seun's Error 502 took me angry

Anyways, I have nothing to say...

5 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by lazynairalander1: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
Is this really fp worthy?

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by lovingyouhun: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
Nice!
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
i really dont understand what this info is meant to do.

14 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by FaithOba1(f): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
I sleep in my house. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by pawesome(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2018
Payment in kind grin
If you know you know
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2018
Smh. Dumbest thread so far

12 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by AngelicBeing: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2018
pocohantas:

shocked

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by talk2hb1(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2018
How about payment in Kind
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by kennosklint(m): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2018
Meaningless topic

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by EXLOVER(m): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2018
Very soon i will be traveling out of the country, one woman i have been chatting with wants to send me an invite. My problem is the country is India ��, she said she will buy me keke to hustle. Should i go?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nickijoy(f): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2018
undecided
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by IronTete(m): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2018
Looking forward to studying In London for free? Here's 2018 University of Westminster Fully Funded International Scholarships
https://www.collegeforbes.com/2018/02/university-westminster-full-international-scholarships.html
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Niyinficient(m): 9:49am On Jul 26, 2018
What of payment with 'Chairman' name?

Mostly common among the small girls and their big gods
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by exporters101: 9:49am On Jul 26, 2018
It's a normal thing
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Adesam09(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2018
Wow.. angry
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by 1miccza: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2018
EXLOVER:
Very soon i will be traveling out of the country, one woman i have been chatting with wants to send me an invite. My problem is the country is India ��, she said she will buy me keke to hustle. Should i go?

Go ooo , she will add a bicycle to the list to make you wealthy
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by yungest(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2018
are they other ways to pay for hotel stay?
really how is this rubbish on FP slf�

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Phaedrus: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2018
This looks like an answer for an examination question-
List and explain briefly Four ways Nigerians pay for their hotel stay. (10 marks)

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by BIXYBABE: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2018
Take extra cash to pay ur small girl with big god.........meanwhile congra to Seun he finally go to school
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2018
Wakanda thread is this?
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Mekanus(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2018
So what the fu^ck exactly are we supposed to do with this shiit now?
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by bossrillboss: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2018
EXLOVER:
..choi..see opportunity ooo,guy hurry nd go nd make cool cash,chai,u go b billion bf u show back o.bt cum back cum gist us ao u suffer o.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
pocohantas:

Come and collect free hypo and other cleaning materials. Your mind is too dirty. Ah ahn!
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by midehi2(f): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
pocohantas:

grin
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay by Alonzoh(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
SacredMustang:
angry

The OP forgot to add the new payment service In town exclusively for the big girls and slay queens... YANSHPAY.. requires no card, no POS, no bank transfer very easy and swift... just plug and play!!!
This says it all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ticket Racketeering Rocks Rigasa Rail Station On Abuja-kaduna Line / Driving From Ibadan To Abuja. How Long Does It Take? / Military Plane Crashes In Algeria, 200 People Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.