Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

, - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / , (2052 Views)

Getting Healthy With Medical Heilkunst And Homeopathy / 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals / Kome Igbho Marks World Polio Day With Medical Outreach In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by BRMN: 1:13am On Jul 26, 2018
. .
Re: , by Bukky001(m): 1:46am On Jul 26, 2018
Very disheartening. Doctors are taking advantage of nurses low self esteem.... U cnt blame them though, the nurses allowed it
Re: , by BRMN: 2:01am On Jul 26, 2018
Bukky001:
Very disheartening. Doctors are taking advantage of nurses low self esteem.... U cnt blame them though, the nurses allowed it

How?

1 Like

Re: , by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:36am On Jul 26, 2018
That is very crude from the Doctor..... but wike hearing from both parties in issues like this before going for the throat!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: , by toysleek(f): 3:11am On Jul 26, 2018
In every profession, there is the good, the bad and the ugly..This one just happens to fall in the ugly category.

2 Likes

Re: , by doyinbaby(f): 5:18am On Jul 26, 2018
So. What of all the good Doctors

2 Likes

Re: , by Amarabae(f): 6:48am On Jul 26, 2018
Bukky001:
Point of correction.
The only nurses that may be timid are school of nursing products.
This rubbish can never happen to a graduate nurse who saw the four walls of a university.
He/She would have taught the useless animal that bachelor degree is bachelor degree.
I pray and hope schools of nursing should be closed.
He has been summoned to court.
The case is in court as we speak.
cool cool

1 Like

Re: , by JoannaSedley(f): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2018
He met the wrong nurse. embarassed. Both of us would've been in the Intensive care unit of LUTH cooling off, with tubes running the whole length and breadth of our equally and badly brutalized bodies. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: , by BRMN: 11:52am On Jul 26, 2018
Amarabae:

Point of correction.
This rubbish can never happen to a graduate nurse who saw the four walls of a university.
He/She would have taught the useless animal that bachelor degree is bachelor degree.
cool cool

I think the doctor is just heartless
Re: , by MrBigiman: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
Amarabae:

Point of correction.
cool cool

School of Nursing or BSC nursing, they are all the same. In fact many school of nursing babes are currently making cool cash in the UK and USA, without facing the unwarranted dichotomy they get here.

A doctor or a nurse assaulting someone is a crime and should be dealt with as a personal problem and not a professional tug of war. Doctors remain the most peace loving people in the hospitals and an outliers should give u opportunity to brag about a bachelor's degree that doesn't carry too much weight on the streets.

1 Like

Re: , by Amarabae(f): 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
MrBigiman:

School of Nursing or BSC nursing, they are all the same. In fact many school of nursing babes are currently making cool cash in the UK and USA, without facing the unwarranted dichotomy they get here.

A doctor or a nurse assaulting someone is a crime and should be dealt with as a personal problem and not a professional tug of war. Doctors remain the most peace loving people in the hospitals and an outliers should give u opportunity to brag about a bachelor's degree that doesn't carry too much weight on the streets.
You sound pained..
Accept my sympathy.
Running up and down looking for a johesu E-war to fight.
And let me educate ur ignorance,
School of nursing and university graduate nursing are not and never the same...

BTW I don't know why you are pained upon hearing the word university graduate nursing.
Of all comments in this thread, it is this my own, you want to masturbate on.
Don't know what you gain wasting time online insulting other health professionals.
Grow up.

Focus on your field and let other people focus on their own fields.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: , by BRMN: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
MrBigiman:

Yes assault is a crime, but school of Nursing & Bsc Nursing, are they really the same?
Re: , by Amarabae(f): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
BRMN:

Yes assault is a crime, but school of Nursing & Bsc Nursing, are they really the same?
they are not the same.
Don't mind him.
cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: , by MrBigiman: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
BRMN:

Their job description is exactly the same. When they work outside Nigeria, there's no difference in pay. One just has portfolio, but practical wise, school of nursing beats the bachelor holders by far.

3 Likes

Re: , by BRMN: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
Re: , by JoannaSedley(f): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
MrBigiman:

Their job description is exactly the same. When they work outside Nigeria, there's no difference in pay. One just has portfolio, but practical wise, school of nursing beats the bachelor holders by far.
The lies that NMA has been peddling for aeons. It has been repeated continuously to the extent that unsuspecting and interested applicants and parents has swallowed it hook, line and sinker. FYI, the education, practice and placement in service are not the same and will never be.
Doctors had continued to find every means to subjugate nurses and nursing in Nigeria by training quacks, firing the unhealthy dichotomy among different cadres of nursing in a bid to unleash an onslaught that will cause the ongoing educational empowerments in nursing to be an exercise in futility.
Their gain in all this remains a mystery. Cos, while other countries are pushing for more education and wider scope of practice, Nigerian doctors prefers to work with illiterate and primary school dropouts
Pray tell. Why the onslaught against educational advancement of other professionals in the health sector? Reeks of inferiority complex and egocentrism

1 Like

Re: , by MrBigiman: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2018
JoannaSedley:
The lies that NMA has been peddling for aeons. It has been repeated continuously to the extent that unsuspecting and interested applicants and parents has swallowed it hook, line and sinker. FYI, the education, practice and placement in service are not the same and will never be.
Doctors had continued to find every means to subjugate nurses and nursing in Nigeria by training quacks, firing the unhealthy dichotomy among different cadres of nursing in a bid to unleash an onslaught that will cause the ongoing educational empowerments in nursing to be an exercise in futility.
Their gain in all this remains a mystery. Cos, while other countries are pushing for more education and wider scope of practice, Nigerian doctors prefers to work with illiterate and primary school dropouts
Pray tell. Why the onslaught against educational advancement of other professionals in the health sector? Reeks of inferiority complex and egocentrism

As much as u have every right to air an opinion, u must not make a comment on everything that passes. My comment is verifiable. Does a BSC nurse pass NCLEx or UK CBT and earn more than a school of nursing graduate?, are school of nursing graduates not more practically sound than BSC graduates on the majority? Nigeria is a shit hole country, that why old nurses who run to do masters in health education trouble CMDs to place them at a higher level, as if the ugly masters will in any way improve health care delivery. I maintain that in practice, BSC nursing and diploma nurses are almost equal, with diploma nurses having an edge practical wise.

2 Likes

Re: , by JoannaSedley(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
MrBigiman:

As much as u have every right to air an opinion, u must not make a comment on everything that passes. My comment is verifiable. Does a BSC nurse pass NCLEx or UK CBT and earn more than a school of nursing graduate?, are school of nursing graduates not more practically sound than BSC graduates on the majority? Nigeria is a shit hole country, that why old nurses who run to do masters in health education trouble CMDs to place them at a higher level, as if the ugly masters will in any way improve health care delivery. I maintain that in practice, BSC nursing and diploma nurses are almost equal, with diploma nurses having an edge practical wise.
This is nauseating and the bolded is a corrosive affront to our Nigeria universities where 100% are recorded biennially in nursing council exams. You should Google the job requirements first and the preferred qualifications. Phew....ewwww
Re: , by MrBigiman: 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
JoannaSedley:
This is nauseating and the bolded is a corrosive affront to our Nigeria universities where 100% are recorded biennially in nursing council exams. You should Google the job requirements first and the preferred qualifications. Phew....ewwww

My dear I speak from experience. I know several school of nursing babes who wrote IELTs, CBT, passed clinicals and now work in the UK. The truth sets people free.
Re: , by BRMN: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
Whatever is the case a doctor has no reason to beat up a nurse no matter what she has done
Re: , by JoannaSedley(f): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2018
MrBigiman:

My dear I speak from experience. I know several school of nursing babes who wrote IELTs, CBT, passed clinicals and now work in the UK. The truth sets people free.
Oh I forgot you know more than the nurses in the system.
Even the products of such schools won't utter this fallacious pronouncements of yours as it irks the mind, body and soul?
And you are both a doctor and a Nurse,yeah
Or you are the international recruiters that prefers BNSc?
Why is the craze for BNSc now if it is not important or you think many of us want to practice here
Biggy please park very well and face your front.

1 Like

Re: , by Icecreamy: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
I think it's time to start phasing out diploma nurses since we now have a lot of BSC nurses. It is necessary for you guys to earn your respect. The diploma nurses are more like technicians, they should go back to the university and upgrade to BSC.

By the way is there any difference in job description of diploma nurses and BSC nurse, if yes, some one should educate me please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: , by MrBigiman: 12:43am On Jul 28, 2018
Icecreamy:
I think it's time to start phasing out diploma nurses since we now have a lot of BSC nurses. It is necessary for you guys to earn your respect. The diploma nurses are more like technicians, they should go back to the university and upgrade to BSC.

By the way is there any difference in job description of diploma nurses and BSC nurse, if yes, some one should educate me please. Thanks

No difference in Job description. Why should diploma be scrapped in Nigeria, when it still obtains abroad?
Re: , by antagonist: 5:32am On Jul 28, 2018
Oh look, wow, yet another brilliant and well balanced piece by yet another "human rights activist" and expert in doctors and medical practice. How very original and insightful.

The doctor hit and assaulted a nurse. Oh what a terrible doctor. Are we sure he was even fully or properly trained as a doctor? Perhaps he even has DSM Indexed psychological issues, he must be a wife beater-if he has even found a woman to marry his misogynistic posterior. The caring nurse was just trying to save lives and the monster wanted both the patient and herself dead so he could feed on them later in secret when he would transform into a werewolf-vampire hybrid.

Did his colleague and brother not just jump off a bridge the other day?
See? We told you so. As the only person who committed suicide by jumping off that bridge that year, he must indeed be cut from the same cloth as this brutish and rogue doctor. They may even have had the same psychiatrist-who is also another mentally unbalanced doctor who may one day engage in the Nigerian doctor's favorite pastime and jump off the same bridge, or brutally assault a caring and loving nurse.

These doctors, no no. They want you to die when you pay a visit to their business establishment where they earn a living by offering their skill for a fee- no, they don't care about their places of work and how such negative actions would affect their financial status and they may not be paid- all they care about is ensuring that all patients who they come across, die.

You really have to wonder how they do that? They request for fees to be paid before their professional opinions can be provided. How dare they! They took an oath to save lives. Even if they have families and mouths to feed, their oath is paramount. What, they're hungry? The oath will fill their bellies. They must always offer their hard won skills before any talk of something so crude as financial compensation for critical medical attention. We have no business with health insurance- they took an oath which must come first. Their families can starve, that is not what this brilliant article is about, so we don't need to mention that.

Yes, I too have an anecdotal story about a personal encounter revealing how a Nigerian navy doctor threatened to assault me in such a vague manner. Yet another brutish military official medical doctor, but that just goes to further buttress the point that these doctors arrogate God like status to themselves, always prancing about like they own the hospitals and the world is at their feet, they have no business taking pride in their work, how dare they, the oath is paramount. They took an oath!

Now we call on all women to rise up against doctors, this is a female vs male situation! Women must all protest against doctors. What's that, you mentioned many women are doctors too? That's not the point. Women must all rise up against these barbaric hoodlums called doctors.

The oath is sacrosanct! The oath, yes the oath. They took an oath! We have no business with their families or their financial concerns, those are irrelevant to this fine article. We hope these crimes by a thug parading as a medical doctor would be fully investigated, and he be punished as a doctor, and not as an individual with anger management dysfunction. He is a doctor before he is human, afterall.

My name is Tayo Demola and I have great insight into medicine and the vagaries of medical practice in Nigeria. I did not train as a lawyer, and I do not offer unsolicited or usually heavily biased opinions on issues I have little understanding of.

By antagonist

Yet another oath human rights activist
Re: , by BRMN: 11:31am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: , by Icecreamy: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

No difference in Job description. Why should diploma be scrapped in Nigeria, when it still obtains abroad?

Oh, I never knew they had diploma nurse abroad, but since there in no difference in job description, may be BSC is not really necessary then.
Re: , by BRMN: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
Re: , by MrBigiman: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
Icecreamy:

Oh, I never knew they had diploma nurse abroad, but since there in no difference in job description, may be BSC is not really necessary then.

It is important that every profession have a progression to their zenith though. The theoretical details for BSC nurses is definitely tougher, and takes nursing from a bedside job to a research based course, where new innovation and protocols can be instituted empirically. That's the reason for the BSC.

However, it would be wrong for a Medical officer with a PHD in anatomy to be seeking for more pay in the hospital, because it doesn't add anything to patient care. He can also decide to lecture anatomy part-time or go into Anatomic based research. Also, a BSC nurse who went further to have a PHD in Nursing Education has not business asking for more pay or role in the hospital, it doesn't add anything to patient care, though she can go into research and propound theories. Now dragging for equal pay with a physician, with a non clinically inclined masters or phd is the ridiculous aspect. That's what is happening in Nigeria, and that's what I am against.

1 Like

Re: , by antagonist: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
BRMN:

Really? Are u sure you're Tayo Demola? Or how do you mean? No, I doubt it. I doubt if Tayo Demola can write what u wrote above, I doubt if he can write what u wrote above.

BRMN:

If you're not Tayo Demola, why do u claim to be him?

Re: , by Icecreamy: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
MrBigiman:

It is important that every profession have a progression to their zenith though. The theoretical details for BSC nurses is definitely tougher, and takes nursing from a bedside job to a research based course, where new innovation and protocols can be instituted empirically. That's the reason for the BSC.

However, it would be wrong for a Medical officer with a PHD in anatomy to be seeking for more pay in the hospital, because it doesn't add anything to patient care. He can also decide to lecture anatomy part-time or go into Anatomic based research. Also, a BSC nurse who went further to have a PHD in Nursing Education has not business asking for more pay or role in the hospital, it doesn't add anything to patient care, though she can go into research and propound theories. Now dragging for equal pay with a physician, with a non clinically inclined masters or phd is the ridiculous aspect. That's what is happening in Nigeria, and that's what I am against.

Alright, I understand better now. Thanks
Re: , by BRMN: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
antagonist:

Hmmm satire indeed
Re: , by capitalzero: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2018
What’s the main difference between the nursing degree (BSc Hons) and diploma (Dip HE) courses?
The main difference between the courses is the academic level at which students complete their studies. Students on the diploma course complete a total of 72 credits at level 4 and 168 credits at level 5 throughout the course. Degree students complete 120 credits in each year of the course, studying at level 4 in year one, level 5 in year two and level 6 in year three. The degree course, therefore, is more academically intensive than the diploma course. This is reflected in the degree requiring students to have higher entry qualifications than for the diploma. Find out more about the minimum entry requirements for both courses by clicking on the course titles here .
Is the diploma course more practical than the degree?
Not really. Both courses consist of 50 percent theory and 50 percent practice.
Does the degree take longer to complete than the diploma?
No. Both courses are studied over 3 years on a full-time basis.
Is funding for the degree and diploma courses the same?
No. The funding for the courses differ slightly – whilst the NHS currently pay the tuition fees for both courses, the maintenance element of the NHS Bursary for the degree course is means-tested on household income. However, the diploma course attracts a non means-tested maintenance element which is unaffected by the level of household income. Further information about the different rates available for each of the courses is available at www.nhsstudentgrants.co.uk.
Will I start on a higher salary if I’ve completed the degree course?
In terms of starting salary grades for newly qualified registered nurses, currently there is no difference in starting grades or pay for degree or diploma qualified nurses.
Can I switch onto the degree after the second year of the diploma course?
No. Our courses are structured in such a way that means students on the diploma do not complete the same number of academic credits as degree students have during the first two years of the course. Because of this shortfall, diploma students don’t have sufficient credits to transfer into the final year of the degree.
If I study the diploma will I be able to gain a degree at a later stage?
Yes. Students who complete the diploma programme can top-up their qualification once they’re a registered nurse – we offer a wide range of courses available to qualified nurses which would allow them to do this. Many courses are offered on a part-time basis allowing students to study whilst they’re working, too.

http://blogs.bcu.ac.uk/choices/2009/03/20/nursing-degree-diploma-differences/

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Disgusting Common Ingredients In Cosmetics / Which Hospital Do I Choose As My HMO / How Much Does A Flour Milling Machine Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.