Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm (383 Views)

EFCC Arrests 55 Internet Fraud Suspects In Enugu, Ebonyi. / Indian Hemp Farm In Anambra School Discovered By NSCDC / Man Arrested By NDLEA While Sleeping Near Indian Hemp Farm In Edo. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by HeWrites(m): 5:01am On Jul 26, 2018
A 55-year-old native doctor has told agents of the National Drugs and Law Enforcement Agency why he cultivated Indian hemp.
The NDLEA in Kebbi had arrested the 55-year-old native doctor, Arage Rikici, who allegedly cultivates Indian hemp farm at Kukun village in Fakai Local Government Area of the state.

The state Commander of the agency, Mr. Suleiman Jadi, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Birnin Kebbi on Wednesday that cannabis farming was unprecedented in the history of the state.

“Sequel to intelligence report, a team of NDLEA operatives in the state on July 24, 2018 discovered and destroyed Cannabis Sativa farm at Kukun village in Fakai local government area.

“The alleged owner of the illicit farm, Mr. Arage Rikici, a 55 year-old native doctor, was arrested and is presently in our custody undergoing investigation.

“This is a dangerous trend indicating a shift — Kebbi from being a drug consuming state to gradually being a drug producing state via cultivation,” Jadi said.

He advised farmers in the state not to indulge in illicit crop farming and to never abandon their legitimate cash crop cultivation.

The commander also urged landowners not to allow the cultivation of cannabis sativa crops, stressing that planting of such crops would affect soil fertility necessary for food crop cultivation.

“We will nip the development in the bud before it spreads,” he said.
He also called on the communities to be on the lookout for cannabis sativa plants in their domains and report same to the authority for prompt action.

Rikici told NAN that he planted the illicit crop for easy accessibility and self- consumption.

“You see, I am a native doctor, and because of my age, I cannot move as my two legs are stiff. In order to have easy access to it, I planted it on my farm which is close to my house, and hired boys to cultivate it for me.

“I sometimes take it to market for sale at N50 per small wrapper,” he said.

Rikici said that he got the seeds from Benin Republic.

https://www.torimill.co/crime/8779/ndlea-arrests-55-year-old-native-doctor-with-indian-hemp-farm.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by Nashirushekoni(m): 5:05am On Jul 26, 2018
That's what all of them are does for leaving let's go to ondo state and see
Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by ORACLE1975(m): 5:06am On Jul 26, 2018
angry
Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by Nogodye(m): 5:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Government should legalize this thing to be able to generate more revenue...the problem is it gonna increase crime rate coz some will be commiting crime base on hemp influence.
Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2018
Make una free am joor he needs the leafs to communicate with the gods grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by markidoo(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2018
marijuana ganja a medicine for your,body, mind abs soul.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests 55-year-old Native Doctor With Indian Hemp Farm by Jakumo(m): 9:26am On Jul 26, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
Make una free am joor he needs the leafs to communicate with the gods grin

You sabi dat bitter-leaf matter no be small ting, but I sure say as you be woman, you sef no dey follow dem shop am for corner-side.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herder Hacked His Own Mother-in-law To Death In Kebbi (photo) / OMG! How Grandmother Severely Tortured 3yrs Old Grandson Abandoned By His Mother / Landlord Arrested For Ganging Up With Robbers To Rob Neighbour’s House In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.