Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong (1460 Views)

Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) / How I Prepare My Dog Food. / 59-year-old Dying Chimpanzee Refuses Food, But Then She Recognizes His Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong by Donbosco46: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2018
She didn’t like the food because is strong but when I mix it with milk and water after the food soft she will eat and I find out that it makes her purge. She like can food should I continue to leave the food like that for her with time she will get use to eat.
Re: Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong by frowland(m): 8:37am On Jul 26, 2018
Donbosco46:
She didn’t like the food because is strong but when I mix it with milk and water after the food soft she will eat and I find out that it makes her purge. She like can food should I continue to leave the food like that for her with time she will get use to eat.

Tricky. Like I posted earlier about this, a sudden change of food for your puppy is not adviceable and the soft stool will never stop anytime soon - this might lead to loss of weight and poor development of your puppy.
What you do is this, introduce her to the food little by little until her body adjusts to it and buy indomie feed.

Indomie feed, fish head (if available), chicken carcases etc, then a little of the can food and diamond in it. Continue this procedure for few days and while increasing the quantity of diamond and can food until she gets used to it.

For the purge, get over the counter drug Tetracycline( Black and Yellow), divide it into two and administer half in the morning and half at night for 2-3days. Local youghout is also a quick remedy but I don't know if your dog will like to lick that. So Tetracycline is your best bet. After few days, her poo will be back to normal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong by Oluwadamilare99: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2018
frowland:

Tricky. Like I posted earlier about this, a sudden change of food for your puppy is not adviceable and the soft stool will never stop anytime soon - this might lead to loss of weight and poor development of your puppy.
What you do is this, introduce her to the food little by little until her body adjusts to it and buy indomie feed.

Indomie feed, fish head (if available), chicken carcases etc, then a little of the can food and diamond in it. Continue this procedure for few days and while increasing the quantity of diamond and can food until she gets used to it.

For the purge, get over the counter drug Tetracycline( Black and Yellow), divide it into two and administer half in the morning and half at night for 2-3days. Local youghout is also a quick remedy but I don't know if your dog will like to lick that. So Tetracycline is your best bet. After few days, her poo will be back to normal.
I bro I feed my Eskimo diamond food but what I noticed is loss of weight what can I do please
Re: Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong by frowland(m): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2018
Oluwadamilare99:
I bro I feed my Eskimo diamond food but what I noticed is loss of weight what can I do please

Over the years, Diamond dog food have been recalled in the United states due to issues like constipation in dogs and many others reasons. I suspect most of them bad Diamond might have secretly made their way to Africa.
I advice you change to more quality dry food like Orion and administer multivitamins (Vitapet) half tablet in the morning and half in the evening.
If you want to bring out the shiny fur, give her raw egg once every 3 days and you will notice within same period, rapid change in coat appearance.
Also, don't forget to dewarm the dog periodically as adviced. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Am Giving My Caucausan Puppy Diamond Dog Food But The Food Is Strong by Oluwadamilare99: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
frowland:

Over the years, Diamond dog food have been recalled in the United states due to issues like constipation in dogs and many others reasons. I suspect most of them bad Diamond might have secretly made their way to Africa.
I advice you change to more quality dry food like Orion and administer multivitamins (Vitapet) half tablet in the morning and half in the evening.
If you want to bring out the shiny fur, give her raw egg once every 3 days and you will notice within same period, rapid change in coat appearance.
Also, don't forget to dewarm the dog periodically as adviced. Thanks.
noted sir..thanks

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Knows The Name Of This Spider? / Rottweiler Stud Service In Abuja / My Dog Bark At Stranger But She Is Afraid Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.