Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Coach Salisu Yusuf Says He Did Nothing Wrong After Video Of Him Receiving Money - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Salisu Yusuf Says He Did Nothing Wrong After Video Of Him Receiving Money (208 Views)

Super Eagles Chief Coah, Salisu Yusuf Denies Receiving Bribe / Salisu Yusuf Caught Receiving Bribe On Camera / CHAN Final: Salisu Yusuf Highly Optimistic About Making History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coach Salisu Yusuf Says He Did Nothing Wrong After Video Of Him Receiving Money by oluwafemme129(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2018
Super Eagles’ coach Salisu Yusuf has come under intense fire after a video of him receiving bribe from unidentified undercover agents surfaced online on Tuesday, the 24th.

In a statement published by Sun News, Yusuf who is currently in London, receiving treatment for an undisclosed ailment, denied agreeing to swipe players in exchange for the money which he was filmed receiving.

He stated:

“There is nothing in the allegation pointing to a demand for the money from the agents of the two principals. Rather, the agent only handed the money to me after expressing ‘hope’ that the principals would play in the Championship.

Be that as it may, I did accept cash handed to me by one of the said football agents, which I later discovered, upon checking, to be $750 and not $1000.

Nonetheless, my understanding of the FIFA and NFF Codes of Ethics, particularly Sections 20 of the said codes, is that, gifts of any kind could be accepted by persons bound by the codes which are: of symbolic or trivial value; exclude any influence for the execution or omission on an act that is related to one’s official activities or fall within one’s discretion; are not contrary to one’s duties; do not create any undue pecuniary or other advantage and do not create a conflict of interest.”

In the viral video released to BBCAfrica Eye by renowned Ghanaian investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, Yusuf is filmed smiling excitedly after being handed what journalists said was $1000.

According to BBC Africa News, the incriminating video which was filmed in September, 2017, ahead of the African Nations Championship (CHAN), had Aremeyaw’s undercover journalists play football agents to select two Super Eagles players to play for their country at this championship.

Re: Coach Salisu Yusuf Says He Did Nothing Wrong After Video Of Him Receiving Money by OneStep3: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

CAF Champions League: Sundowns Ready For Revenge Against Togo Port / Lookback- Sadam Ali Vs. Jaime Munguia / Team Nigeria Place 5th In AYG, Win 103 Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.