Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen (684 Views)

Imo Women Defy Downpour, Rally For Tinubu, say Tinubu is their Choice / Imo Women Arrive For Rally To Campaign For Tinubu, APC Candidates / Imo Women Shut Sterling Global Oil Company Over Unpaid Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by ararumeteam(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
OWERRI—WOMEN from Amakohia-ubi community in Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State have been fined for participating in the protest against destruction of their farms by herdsmen.

Exclusive investigation by Vanguard yesterday, revealed that the women were forced to pay N1,000 each0 for not suspending the protest.

This is coming at a time the Imo State House of Assembly is considering a bill to establish ranching in the state.

The state chapter of Christain Association of Nigeria, CAN, had however rejected the planned passage of the said bill to establish ranching in the state.

When Vanguard visited the President-General of the community, Cyril Ndumanya, he said: “When the women went on the protest, they did not get permission from me.

“I will like you to know that Amakohia-ubi community is made up of different kindreds and the man that asked them to pay the fine is of Umujam. I am not the person that asked the women to pay the fine.

“But I want to tell you that the ACDU president and I have intervened in the issue and we are resolving the matter. So, there is nothing to worry about.”

It should be recalled that Vanguard had reported that hundreds of women from Amakohia-ubi community had protested at Imo Government House over the continued destruction of their farms by herdsmen.

Investigation by Vanguard revealed that the fine imposed on the women came as they were planning to stage a second protest against the said destruction of their farms by herdsmen, but were overpowered and forced to pay N1,000 as a punishment.

A source told Vanguard that “Our traditional ruler Eze Smart Nze has asked the chairman of the kindred to refund that money to the women and I was told he refused.

“We are not happy that after our women protested against the damages on their farms by herdsmen and were punished. This is an aberration. This is wicked of our people and they must grow beyond this. Is it bad for women to protest against the destruction of their farms?

“For me, they should give them back their money. Nobody will hear this and be happy with the man who instructed that these women should be fined.”

Recall that Ndumanya had told Vanguard that over 200 farms in his community were destroyed by herdsmen. He also pleaded with the government to ask the herders to vacate the community.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/imo-women-fined-for-protesting-invasion-of-farms-by-herdsmen/
Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by bedspread: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Whoever Fined those Women is Cursed in The Name of the Lord....

Anyone that Sponsors Herdsmen Ranching in any form in Imo State, be it His Excellency, The Assembly Members or Whoever I Curse you and your Decendants in the Name of Lord....

Such will never Stand in My State....

Cattle Ranching Will not See the Light of The day In Imo State in JESUS NAME

Let The FG buy lands and Shops for the Easterners in Every part of the Nation

Let the Federal Government buy and Sponsor Lands for Cocoa for the Westeners in Every part of the Nation.

Let the Federal Government buy and Sponsor Lands for Fish farming for the Southerners in Every state..

Nigeria Belongs to Us all...
No one Has the Monopoly of any sort...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by Olanireti(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
What sort of nonsense is this.

This is highest level of injustice.

Did they break any law, caused any unrest?

How many herdsmen have been arrested for killing innocent lives?

This is what you get when marginalization is the order of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by cktheluckyman: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
Chimooooo!!!! This is what you get when you vote for APC!!!! Okoroawusa.it will never be well with you!!!
Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by crispus09(m): 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
it's like all this politician do forget th a power will soon change hand? I pray rochas pay with his blood and that of him family for all this atrocitis he is committing.
Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by Racoon(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
ararumeteam:

"....When Vanguard visited the President-General of the community, Cyril Ndumanya, he said: “When the women went on the protest, they did not get permission from me.
Investigation by Vanguard revealed that the fine imposed on the women came as they were planning to stage a second protest against the said destruction of their farms by herdsmen, but were overpowered and forced to pay N1,000 as a punishment."
A country where only Buhari's fulani tribe hold sway.Ekiti people please brace up. sad undecided
Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by gidgiddy: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
The new coat of arms of Nigeria

Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
bedspread:
Whoever Fined those Women is Cursed in The Name of the Lord....

Anyone that Sponsors Herdsmen Ranching in any form in Imo State, be it His Excellency, The Assembly Members or Whoever I Curse you and your Decendants in the Name of Lord....

Such will never Stand in My State....

Cattle Ranching Will not See the Light of The day In Imo State in JESUS NAME

Let The FG buy lands and Shops for the Easterners in Every part of the Nation

Let the Federal Government buy and Spinsor Lands for Cocoa for the Westeners in Every part of the Nation.

Let the Federal Government buy and Sponsor Lands for Fish farming for the Southerners in Every state..
You need to take this campaign offline too.
Go to Facebook and announce it, Twitter and other social network platform, and then approach your community youths and leaders too. Even Churches have bigger roles to play here.

Rochas is not a god, he must be tamed.!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo Women Fined For Protesting Invasion Of Farms By Herdsmen by Herdsmen: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
Okoroocha and his generation are curse forever..

They sons and daughters will all die Young..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Benue: My Fear / Osun Decides 2019: Who Is Likely To Win Osun Gubernatorial Election?. / 2019: Chima Anyaso Inaugurates 'Bende For Ikpeazu Organization', Shares 15 Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.