Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,369 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Interracial Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Interracial Marriage (1067 Views)

American Interracial Couple Celebrates 48 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Do Interracial Relationships Have Extra Hurdles? / Nigerian Interracial Couple Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interracial Marriage by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello all, my name is Gina and i am new to nairaland.

Please, I need help and advise on which registery to get married in Lagos. I met my fiancee while i was studying in the Netherlands. We are planning to get married in Lagos and i can't seem to find any information about marriage registry on the internet. My fiancee is from the Netherlands while i am a Nigerian. Please i will appreciate all necessary and important information concerning the documents needed for an Interracial marriage in Nigeria and also which registery is best for interracial marriage in Lagos.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Re: Interracial Marriage by Betakeshi: 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: Interracial Marriage by alhassanyusuf29(m): 12:47am On Jul 27, 2018
please madam can u take me as ur maid,I'm willing work for free..just need to leave this country
Gina36:
Hello all, my name is Gina and i am new to nairaland.

Please, I need help and advise on which registery to get married in Lagos. I met my fiancee while i was studying in the Netherlands. We are planning to get married in Lagos and i can't seem to find any information about marriage registry on the internet. My fiancee is from the Netherlands while i am a Nigerian. Please i will appreciate all necessary and important information concerning the documents needed for an Interracial marriage in Nigeria and also which registery is best for interracial marriage in Lagos.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Re: Interracial Marriage by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 27, 2018
Ikoyi registry
Re: Interracial Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 5:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Interracial marriage license in a SHYTE-HOLE COUNTRY? cheesy

https://www.google.com/amp/www.informationng.com/2018/05/popular-ikoyi-registry-can-no-longer-conduct-marriages-in-lagos-court.html/amp

Ikoyi Registry

The Federal Government’s owned Registry in Ikoyi has been barred from conducting marriages henceforth as such act will be considered unconstitutional, according to a report by PM News.
Re: Interracial Marriage by Ishilove: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
Re: Interracial Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ishilove:

Ahn ahn, madam don't give her high BP na cheesy

You want her to fall victim to “scam registries”? shocked
Make she shine here eyes and nose well o.
Dem dey “bounce” fake registries for foreign country immigration offices and embassies o. wink
Re: Interracial Marriage by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You want her to fall victim to “scam registries”? shocked
Make she shine here eyes and nose well o.
Dem dey “bounce” fake registries for foreign country immigration offices and embassies o. wink

So please what is your best advise on the registry to use or is it best to go to Abuja for our wedding?
Please i will appreciate your honest respond.
Re: Interracial Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Gina36:

So please what is your best advise on the registry to use or is it best to go to Abuja for our wedding?
Please i will appreciate your honest respond.

Read the disclaimer again. wink

Do a research and use an approved marriage registry. It does not matter if you are married to a foreigner or a MARTIAN! kiss

Ikoyi is not one of the approved designations to carry out such “marriage functions” within the ETI-OSA local govt area. All previous marriage LICENCES remain valid, but not after this judgement.

Delivering judgement in favour of the Lagos State Government Professor Chuka Aunstine Obiozor with the reference number SUIT NO: FHC/L/CS/1760/16 of Lagos High Court on Monday 30th of April 2018, reaffirmed that all the marriage registries in the Local Government and Local Council Development Areas in Lagos are the authentic and legally-binding government division established to carry out such function.
Re: Interracial Marriage by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Read the disclaimer again. wink

Do a research and use an approved marriage registry. It does not matter if you are married to a foreigner or a MARTIAN! kiss

Ikoyi is not one of the approved designations to carry out such “marriage functions” within the ETI-OSA local govt area. All previous marriage LICENCES remain valid, but not after this judgement.

Thanks for your reply i am very grateful for your time. But my fear about the judgment with our country Nigeria is the state says one and the federal says a different. Maybe it will be best i use the Abuja registry to play it safe.
Re: Interracial Marriage by armyofone(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
You guys met in Netherlands why not marry over there instead of going to Nigeria to marry?
If he has a family in Nigeria, do a very small church wedding with only family members.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Marriage by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
armyofone:
You guys met in Netherlands why not marry over there instead of going to Nigeria to marry?
If he has a family in Nigeria, do a very small church wedding with only family members.

I am an only daughter, my family will not allow me marry in Holland. My mama wants everything done in Nigeria.
Re: Interracial Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
Gina36:

Thanks for your reply i am very grateful for your time. But my fear about the judgment with our country Nigeria is the state says one and the federal says a different. Maybe it will be best i use the Abuja registry to play it safe.

True.
But the only exception is Ikoyi.
Only because it is “stealing” revenue from the others. wink

Abuja is less stressful than Lagos is every aspect of life, even if less exciting. wink We can’t win always abi?

(1) (Reply)

Deep Freezer For Quick Sale (fairly Used) / You Are Your Parents' Retirement Plan In Africa / Adventure Of A Lagos House-hunter + Gory Experiences With "2K Agents"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.