Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers (13861 Views)

CAC Pastor Confessed His Actions With Teenager After Several Beating / Yahoo Boy Reports Another Yahoo Boy To Police For Scamming His Client (Photos) / CAC Pastor Arrested For Impregnating 16-Year-Old Girl In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by dammy13(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2018
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Operatives in Ondo State Command have arrested one Pastor James Abiodun Adeniyi, for allegedly defrauding his church members.

Adeniyi, who is the founder and officiating pastor of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), Freedom City International, located at No 7, Gbogi Street, Akure, was arrested after complaints from members of the public.

The NSCDC Sector Commandant, Mr. Awili Pedro, said the clergy was arrested after complaints from some members of the church who he allegedly duped to the tune of N1.7 million.

Pedro said that the suspect allegedly defrauded an unsuspecting member of his church of N1.7 million by deceiving her to procure passport and visa for her son.

The commander said that Adeniyi also allegedly duped some unsuspecting unemployed youths in his church, by collecting money from them, while promising to help them with employment.

He said the youth, numbering 10, paid between N400,000 and N500,000 into the pastor’s account, but never secured the promised job. Pedro said that trouble started for the suspect when one of the suspects demanded the refund of her money. The pastor failed to pay back, claiming not to be involved in the deal.

Pedro said: “The pastor introduced his accomplice, Olamilekan Omole, to the church, who then connived with the pastor to defraud the unsuspecting victims.

The pastor had been dragged to court by the church youths, who were scammed by Adeniyi, demanding the refund of the money if he could not fulfil his promises.” One of the victims, Mrs. Folashade Olukini, explained that she paid N1.7 million for the procurement of American visa for her son but the pastor and his agent failed to procure the visa.

She said the agent had been on the run and refused to pick his calls for the past two months. Olukini said she had to hold the clergy responsible. She said: “Our pastor guaranteed that the agent was his Personal Assistant.

I started attending his church this year. He introduced his Personal Assistant as a travelling agent who could help to procure American visa. I approached them for my son’s visa. The pastor advised me not to pay until there was directive from God. He called me in February to go on with the arrangement.

I paid for the procurement of the visa by transferring the money into Olamilekan’s account twice, while they assured me the visa would be ready before end of April. “After I had transferred the money to the PA, he stopped picking my call. He disappeared and his phone number stopped going through. I approached the pastor, but said he knew nothing about it.

He promised to get across to the agent but there was no news. I demanded the refund of the money while the pastor claimed to be unaware of what transpired between me and the agent.” Another member of the church, Solomon Dauda, said he had to drag the pastor to court for defrauding him and his family over visa procurement issue.

Adeniyi, however, did not deny the allegations and expressed his readiness to refund the money. According to him, he introduced the victim to Omole, but said the agent had taken to his heels and couldn’t be located.

Adeniyi promised to pay back the money if released from NSCDC custody. He said: “I have agreed to pay back the money. The money was paid into Omole’s account but I promised to pay back the money. They need to give some me a little time.” The NSCDC commandant, however, said the suspect would be handed over to the police.

http://kikiotolu.com/cac-pastor-arrested-for-scamming-church-members-with-fake-job-offers/

1 Like

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by OneStep3: 8:27am On Jul 27, 2018
'why always me?'
Millions and tons of thousand want to grace this spot but baba place me above em.

Just realized some of this FCT Abi na FTC guys are jobless n pennyless.

Cos after gracing the FTC, their lives never changet not 4 good, but to continue oppressing the defenceless in the central region.
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by veekid(m): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2018
In this part of the world; I don't understand why pple take religion as a medium to scam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by berthelot: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2018
Everybody be Criminal
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by phemoluv02(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
What is going on in this world self.... Even pastor? undecided Make the Angel kuku blow trumpet biko
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Zanotee: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Na wa
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by HoodBillionaire: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
eweka benin scammer prince dey learn
see local here
nor be dah one wey carry u enter up town
bail set at $200k almost 70m
buh dis one na afonja local scammer
na station e go end
last last bail 100k naira o
not dollars

7 Likes

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by centboy123456(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
or na don come again next news please
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
This one na man of Satan oool
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Didcot: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
men of God and scam, like 5 and 6!

3 Likes

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by BruncleZuma: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by frubben(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
all na pastor till dem catch you
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by babeosisi: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2018
O kwa ndi pastors
He should have just called it miracle seed and nobody will raise an eyebrow

1 Like

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by tstx(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Yahoo Yahoo Pastor

See my signature
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by yemisi10: 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
This is Nigeria Everybody is a criminal
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Na Buhari cause this one too bah?
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by talk2hb1(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Shekau is involved lipsrsealed
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Nonnyflex(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Ok
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by frfr: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Pastor Pastor.

1 Like

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by seanery: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
SIGH....!!!!
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Ebios(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
OneStep3:
'why always me?'
Millions and tons of thousand want to grace this spot but baba place me above em.

Just realized some of this FCT Abi na FTC guys are jobless n pennyless.

Cos after gracing the FTC, their lives never changet not 4 good, but to continue oppressing the defenceless in the central region.
guy...go and get a job....
What is so important abt this FTC thing u guys are always ranting about?
Abeg grow up.

1 Like

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Corrupt minds everywhere
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Ebios(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2018
l don hear.
Pastor Mmmm sorry fake businessman refund their money before ur master d devil deal wt u
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Naza25: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2018
Daddy freeze will soon comment sad
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Teeboi56: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2018
Na so then they do
I was not surprise at all
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2018
Fake people everwere undecided
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by Sirpaul(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2018
PASTOR JAMES!... he carry Bible name dey scam people
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by itu404(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2018
That a man wakes up in the morning, put on the cloak or collar of a clergyman does not mean he is approved of God.or Automatically a pastor the bible says,in Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen. See again the book of 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself[b] approved unto God[/b], a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by nokia1000(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Deceivers in the Church. God don catch you
Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by alameen114(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
God even pastor wait self na pastor abi na am giong to be a pastor shocked shocked shocked
imajin pastor is diong this talk more of the members
hhhhm nawadays pastors knows yahoo yahooo god

Re: CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers by diebuhari1: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
Yoruba SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Seizes Nine Containers Of Tramadol In Rivers State / Coporal Okoye Shoots His Girlfriend & Kidnapped Her Sister In Lagos / Philip Shekwo: Nasarawa APC Chairman Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.