Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth (570 Views)

Coconut Tree Catches Fire In Festac (Video) / A Snake Attacks An Oklahoma Visitor, Doorbell Camera Captures The Moment / Ijaw Man Catches Shark In A River, Poses With It As Villagers Look On. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth by smilinfaze: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2018
A young girl in Oklahoma said she snagged a “weird” catch over the weekend, reeling in a fish bearing “human-like” teeth.

Kennedy Smith, 11, was on a fishing trip at Fort Cobb Lake with her grandparents and brother on Sunday and got “really excited” when she hooked the fish on her line, she told The Associated Press.

But to Smith’s surprise, her grandmother was bitten by the animal while she was trying to take out the hook.

"I was confused because I knew that fish with teeth are not normal. It was weird," Smith told the outlet. "They were human-like and that made it even weirder."
Turns out that the strange looking creature was a Pacu, Caddo County Game Warden Tyler Howser told The Associated Press.

“I've actually caught one myself,” Howser said. “As soon as I saw (it) I said ‘I know what that is.’”The fish, which are from South America, have family ties to the Piranha, according to the Oklahoma Game Wardens, who posted about the “unique catch” on Facebook.

While officials indicate the fish can grow to be quite large, the one Smith caught only weighed about a pound, Howser said.
Officials said the toothy creature likely got into the lake after first being bought as a pet and then getting released once it became too big.

Pacu are considered an invasive species that can destroy the native Oklahoma fish ecosystem and habitat, so the fish Kennedy caught was taken by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and destroyed.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/07/25/oklahoma-girl-catches-fish-with-human-like-teeth.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fscitech+(Internal+-+SciTech+-+Mixed)

Re: Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2018
Mehn...Ooooooooo no is this real.. undecided
Re: Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth by Abjay97(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2018
Strange things everyday, but Jesus is Lord
Re: Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth by LuciferChristi: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2018
Many fishes have "human teeth". This is not "strange" abeg. Una nor dey watch Nat Geo Wild?

Pacu & sheepshead fishes are examples.

Use your phones for enlightenment una nor go hear, na to slay & do yahoo una sabi.
Re: Oklahoma Girl Catches Fish With 'human-like' Teeth by vikidarbar: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Music: Frankstrings Oya Morale Ft Elvis(mp3 Download) / Lithium Ore Available For Export / Photo Of How. Mad Man In Benin Get Cured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.