Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Quit Crying About Your Country!!! These Will Soon Be The Good Old Days Unless... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Crying About Your Country!!! These Will Soon Be The Good Old Days Unless... (546 Views)

See How Wole Soyinka Was Arrested By A Police Officer In The Good Old Days(pic) / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng / What Is This Man Crying About? I Thought They Did Not Need PDP & Voted For ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quit Crying About Your Country!!! These Will Soon Be The Good Old Days Unless... by Ade2K8(m): 4:45am On Jun 17, 2010
Please, guys & gals, besides talking and blogging, what real, practical solutions can we advance to stop what's going on in Naija and point the country towards real growth, security and prosperity ? The obvious fact is that the country is in the grip of educated illiterates, small-minded men, thieves and murderers. It therefore cannot surprise us that things are as they are.

But guess what - they WILL only get worse !!! If we continue to talk w/o a plan of action, then the saying becomes true - "a people deserve the govt they have". D.V. the govt we will have will be a govt that respects us; better still, one that fears us enough to stop despoiling us all. You think N250MM is jaw dropping as a quarterly allowance ? Wait a few years and it'll be N1B, yes, billion. As far as I'm concerned N15MM per year ($100k/yr) is more than enough, and that should cover ALL their expenses, including their paid assassins.

The national stage (and the states too) reflects a famine of of decent capable men and women. Jonathan (and PDP) obviously have no plans for a greater, better Nigeria, in spite of all the nice words uttered in front of cameras.

Therefore, what will WE THE PEOPLE do? After all, it's our country too!!! Or will we rather be "intellectually lazy" like IBB characterises us? So, please post your proposals for real, practical action to rid us of the contagion pretending to lead us and  instead install conscientious people. At a minimum, it should meet the following criteria:
1. no "pie in the sky"  or largely academic plans
2. be cognizant of naija culture/values (at least the bit that still remains unavailable for sale)
3. take into account the current politics on the ground and expected countermeasures by our common enemies

I'll implement your well thought out plans at my own time.

In closing, I'm reminded of a line in a church song  - "O Lord (sic), Save us from weak capitulation to the evils we deplore".

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Ajumogobia’s House On Fire / Bode George Turns Preacher In Kirikiri. / Jersey Court Jails Abachas Business Associate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.