Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,734 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Traditional Teacher Versus The Modern Teacher - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Traditional Teacher Versus The Modern Teacher (231 Views)

Money Related Reports Versus The Board Report: What Is The Differentiation? / Home Schooling Versus Regular School / Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Traditional Teacher Versus The Modern Teacher by emahomidhe: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Before now, the teaching profession was a highly respected profession, and one could get almost everything free for being a teacher. They were trustworthy, and people saw them as custodians of wisdom.
Although these people earned peanut and lived poorly, they were men and women of integrity. They spoke with confidence, dressed honourably and have a good command of the English language.
They were of high moral standard, they lived what they preached and instilled in others noble traits. They make sure a student earned every mark.

Today, more likely, people went into the teaching profession for lack of job, a temporary job pending when "a better offer" will come. We see people who themselves are morally bankrupt walked into a classroom and influence young minds with their debased character. They make youngsters feel there isn't anything wrong with not being morally upright. Pass anyway you can and make the money. "The end is what matters, not the process"
I speak from experience. Students now pay their way through school either in cash or in kind. Little wonder we have students (primary to university ) who can't defend what they have supposedly learnt.

The other day , I witnessed one came for an interview in a school where I was working, he looked like one who came straight from his bed. And his delivery during the rigorous test he was subjected to was horrible. I still wonder what he would have done in the classroom if he was employed. I guess he was one of those people who just need a JOB!.
The teaching profession is a calling not just a JOB!

So share your story, what do you think of today's teachers? In what ways are they better than our traditional teachers?
Re: The Traditional Teacher Versus The Modern Teacher by OneStep3: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Describe The Major Hardware And Software Tool Applicable In Your Course Of Study / Unizik Just Release Date For Their Post-utme And Direct Entry Screening Exercise / J-amb Scholarship 2017/2018 - Requirements, Value And How To WIN ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.