Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo (1351 Views)

Messi Harder To Face Than C.ronaldo - Ex Ronaldo Teammate Revealed / The 19years Old Player That Is More Richer Than C. Ronaldo And Messi / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2018
Lionel Messi Arguably Better Than Cristiano Ronaldo – Madu Chisom

We cannot deny the crystal fact that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have dominated the European football for the past 10 years.

Scoring fantastic goals, making assists and sweeping out players characterized their dominance in the past ten years. They have won Ballon D’or ten times. Five each, more than any other footballer.

A feat that has etched their names on the nudity of time, placing them on the pedestal pew in the pantheon of football heroism.

Over the years, as I am writing this, as you are reading this, the thundering question has been, Messi and Ronaldo who is greater? Sometimes the question appears like this, Messi and Ronaldo who is better? Whichever way, the two questions seem the same to me but not the same to me.

Since Ronaldo Joined Madrid in 2009:

Ronaldo played 438 games, scored 450 goals and made 119 assists. He also scored 44 hatricks. He played 79 penalties and missed 13.

Messi did play more games. 476 games, scored 472 goals, provided 176 assists and scored 39 hatricks. He played 56 penalties and missed 18 of them.

From the above, we can say that Messi assisted and outscored Ronaldo because he made more appearances than Cristiano Ronaldo. 38 just the difference. In football, 38 games is like one full season appearance. Of which, PROBABLY, if Ronaldo had played, might have outscored Messi.

Messi being better than Ronaldo is based on overall addition of goals and assists. Now let’s break it down below.

Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo vs. Messi: Stunning Stats:

According to the MessivsRonaldo.net website, here’s how the duo compare in terms of goals, hat-tricks and goal ratios as of 12 July:

All-time career (club and country, but excluding club friendlies)

Ronaldo: 658 goals and 208 assists in 915 appearances

Messi: 617 goals and 252 assists in 765 appearances

Hat-tricks: Ronaldo 51; Messi 47

Career goal ratio: Ronaldo 0.72; Messi 0.81

Ronaldo — 658+208 = 866

Messi — 617+252 = 869

Career goals and assists:

Leo Messi: 869

Cristiano Ronaldo: 866

Now Lionel Messi has played 149 games less.

The stabbing fact is that Ronaldo has scored more goals than Messi only because he has played 149 matches more. Another hard truth is that 149 is a colossal number.

READ MORE HERE:

http://www.naijxclusive.com/lionel-messi-arguably-better-than-ronaldo/

1 Like

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Oblongata: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2018
unarguably, not arguably, olodo

4 Likes

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2018
You're actually the one that's Olodo.

arguably
adverb
1. it may be argued (used to qualify the statement of
an opinion or belief).

What I wrote may be argued by anyone. Messi and Ronaldo issue is argued every now and then. That's why I used the adverb "Arguably". Learn well when Someone is playing violin sarcasm.

For instance, if you say, Imo State arguably has the highest number of literates in Nigeria. Meaning that someone might bring a better fact to counter.

6 Likes

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by FoolishBoy419: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
Messi isnt arguably better than Penaldo. HE IS WAY BETTER THAN TAPNALDO. Only Fraudnaldo fans think Divenaldo is as good as messi. Even Carvajal has finally admitted that messi is better than Opportunaldo.

5 Likes

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
Messi isnt arguably better than Penaldo. HE IS WAY BETTER THAN TAPNALDO. Only Fraudnaldo fans think Divenaldo is as good as messi. Even Carvajal has finally admitted that messi is better than Opportunaldo.

Okay. That's just your own opinion.
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by FoolishBoy419: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mcking11:

Okay. That's just your own opinion.

Its a fact. Aside his finishing ability there is nothing spectacular about Lucknaldo

1 Like

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Its a fact. Aside his finishing ability there is nothing spectacular about Lucknaldo

haha haha
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Melison(m): 2:17am On Jul 29, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Kai nothing special about Ronaldo U just a pure hater

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Oblongata: 7:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Mcking11:
You're actually the one that's Olodo.

arguably
adverb
1. it may be argued (used to qualify the statement of
an opinion or belief).

What I wrote may be argued by anyone. Messi and Ronaldo issue is argued every now and then. That's why I used the adverb "Arguably". Learn well when Someone is playing violin sarcasm.

For instance, if you say, Imo State arguably has the highest number of literates in Nigeria. Meaning that someone might bring a better fact to counter.
the body of your write up suggest otherwise, if you intentionally used 'arguably' then you should have argued 'for' and 'against', you are now claiming sarcasm... smh 4 u, who dey ask you wether na adverb? you that ran to ask google...

olodo rabata still dey claim

1 Like

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Waletomisin(m): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2018
Oblongata:
You’re the olodo.. olodo oshi bebeto
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by FoolishBoy419: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Melison:

Mention it. Is it dribbles or creating chances? What does he do apart from hiding at the opponents box waiting for final pass or penalty?
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by kodded(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
both of them are good but everyone except the delusional ones knows that messi na baba for where Ronaldo dey undecided

1 Like

Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Oblongata: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Waletomisin:

You’re the olodo.. olodo oshi bebeto
Olodo rabata! oju eja lomo je how you dey? you done do olodo today?
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Wapnetrealmcom: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Eagles Goalkeepr Carl Ikeme Announce Retirement From Football http://wapnetrealm.com/eagles-goalkeepr-carl-ikeme-announce-retirement-from-football/

Report: Alex Iwobi Signs New Bumper Deal With Arsenal To End Exit Rumours http://wapnetrealm.com/report-alex-iwobi-signs-new-bumper-deal-with-arsenal-to-end-exit-rumours/

Messi, Kante And Co Looking Dapper At Fabregas' Lavished Wedding Party � http://wapnetrealm.com/messi-kante-and-co-looking-dapper-at-fabregas-lavished-wedding-party-%f0%9f%93%b8/

NFF Set To Meet Over The Future Of Embattled Coach Salisu Yusuf http://wapnetrealm.com/nff-set-to-meet-over-the-future-of-embattled-coach-salisu-yusuf/

Free Browsing in Lagos State - As Google Launches Free Wi-Fi Hotspot Station in Nigeria http://wapnetrealm.com/free-browsing-in-lagos-state-as-google-launches-free-wi-fi-hotspot-station-in-nigeria/
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2018
Oblongata:

the body of your write up suggest otherwise, if you intentionally used 'arguably' then you should have argued 'for' and 'against', you are now claiming sarcasm... smh 4 u, who dey ask you wether na adverb? you that ran to ask google...

olodo rabata still dey claim

Olodo, who would I have asked? Your olodoness? Arguably is still the correct.
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Icon79(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
There's absolutely no comparison between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. The media just keeps that stupid contest going for their own relevancy. Leo Messi is the best player to ever play the game of football, while Cristiano Ronaldo is just a great goal poacher ... I can't even call him a striker either. Cristiano is merely a goal poacher.

O pari
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Oblongata: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2018
Mcking11:

Olodo, who would I have asked? Your olodoness? Arguably is still the correct.

Olodo nla...

go write this rubbish for dissertation or project come see as your odo go long reach river niger...

if you write arguably, you must write for and against

olodo oshi
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Mcking11(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Oblongata:

Olodo nla...

go write this rubbish for dissertation or project come see as your odo go long reach river niger...

if you write arguably, you must write for and against

olodo oshi

Your Olodoness has reached Golan Height.

I have explained it where your small sense could reach. I still maintain Arguably is still the correct usage.

Itiboribo!
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by Oblongata: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mcking11:

Your Olodoness has reached Golan Height.

I have explained it where your small sense could reach. I still maintain Arguably is still the correct usage.

Itiboribo!

olodo ntoor ntoor tongue
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by FoolishBoy419: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Melison:

Dundi whats special about him? Can he dribble or create chances?
Re: Messi Arguably Better Than C. Ronaldo by nelsonebby(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
Oblongata:

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Set To Be Bought Over By The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia / CONFIRMED: Champions League Last 16 / Ronaldo, Rashford, Traore & More Footballers' Amazing Body Transformations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.