Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,399 members, 7,830,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face (1252 Views)

Punches In South Africa Parliament / (video)female Police Officer Caught Having Sex With Drug Dealer During Undercove / Can A Police Officer In Uniform Arrest Another Armed Police Officer In Uniform? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by JeSoul(f): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_P5jOoDDbI

Usually, I default to the side of law enforcement here in the US because of the incredibly tough and dangerous situations they go through every day, BUT this was a gross over reaction by the cop. Pulling his arm back, loading up, and delivering a full blown swing and landing a full punch straight on the face of a teenage girl  shocked  wow

She will sue and she will win and even rake in more money by making the circuit on TV/radio talk shows.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by ElRazur: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
Read about the case the other day. Not professional at all in my opinion.

The embedded video aint working though.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by tpiah: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

THANK YOU OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by JeSoul(f): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
^^

@El, thanks, just noticed. The yeye thing for some reason isn't working.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by montelik(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
A jury musn't see that video in court or else the Seattle police department will be paying damages to the tune of $?000,000,000. But seriously while I can understand the difficulties of dealing with some people who just love to give law enforcement officers a tough time, why a punch to the face? It just so ungentlemanly. Why not a push, shove something that doesn't look so bad.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by JeSoul(f): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
montelik:

A jury musn't see that video i court or else the Seattle police department will be paying damages to the tune of $?000,000,000. But seriously while I can understand the difficulties of dealing with some people who just love to give law enforcement officers a tough time, why a punch to the face? It just so ungentlemanly. Why not a push, shove something that doesn't look so bad.
Lol. Every potential juror has already seen it, or will very soon. The city is going to have to settle this case, that girl should thank her stars and the cop, that punch just buttered her bread big time, and is going to be a blessing on her life - financially speaking.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Kgdavid(m): 4:11am On Jun 19, 2010
wat exactly was her crime? and why was she being so difficult? i found the whole situation to be highly embarrassing for the cop, i mean wrestling a 17 year old girl in public?? damn! one would have thought that he would have some smart move or "submission hold" to use to incapacitate her. that girl deserved that punch though, sometimes people can be too silly, you want to fight a cop? then, quite literally, prepare to face the wrath of the law.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Kgdavid(m): 4:17am On Jun 19, 2010
apparently the girl was charged and has now apologized. the cop's actions are now being investigated though but i doubt much will come out of it.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Seun(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
The arrest was for "jaywalking" i.e. crossing the road instead of using the overhead bridge. The cop was a bit stubborn but I don't think the punch was so out of line since they were interfering with an arrest. I'd rather be punched than tasered or shot; or what do you think?
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
Resisting arrest is a crime i guess.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by shotster50(m): 12:52am On Jun 20, 2010
Someone is in line for a huge payout trust me.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Eddeux(m): 2:33am On Jun 21, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this incident is just making us Black Americans' image worse than it was before in the media? I'm not saying that I agree w/ what the cop did, but the girl should have used some damn common sense instead of going awol when the cop tried to arrest her.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 21, 2010
Yea, I heard it this morning. I heard that she apologized to the cops in one of their meeting. . . .

Its the end of the month. . . . hungry cops are at every corner.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 21, 2010
Highest rated [/b]Comments from Youtube:

[b]      i saw a video of a black cop pushing a white skater off of his board and into a bush. nobody called that cop a racist. white people allways have to worry about black people always pulling the race card and its bullshit.

Dirty nigger filth, you get all mad cause someone punches you in the face, infact, you should be grateful towards the white man. You're lucky we let you animals out of slavery. Ever since the white man let the dogs off their chain you niggers have proven you are incapable of living in a human society with laws. Now feel lucky, not offended, just be glad we haven't exterminated your filthy species off the planet
      uni4life1619 10 hours ago 6
I somewhat agree with the bolded part.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by tpiah: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
eddeux, your gif is out of line.

violence against women is not acceptable, ok?

dont try to justify it with all these lame excuses about someone hitting you first. Defending yourself is quite different from viciously jabbing someone in the face.

if you think you're justified abusing your female partner for whatever reason, having a record of having punched a girl in the face will NOT prevent any police officer from arresting you and throwing your butt in the slammer should your partner decide to press charges.

In nigeria where police dont interfere in such matters, if the woman has strong brothers, they can organize and beat your a$$ to a pulp for manhandling their sister.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by preselect(m): 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
JeSoul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_P5jOoDDbI

Usually, I default to the side of law enforcement here in the US because of the incredibly tough and dangerous situations they go through every day, BUT this was a gross over reaction by the cop. Pulling his arm back, loading up, and delivering a full blown swing and landing a full punch straight on the face of a teenage girl shocked wow

She will sue and she will win and even rake in more money by making the circuit on TV/radio talk shows.

once again i disagree with you jesoul. the girl showed herself to be a tout. she was breaking the law by jaywalking. then she broke the law again by resisting arrest. the police regulations allow officers to use force when arrest is resisted. since she is a lady the officer felt he could use physical force to control her. unfortunately he had to use such physical force. as someone asked, would you rather he tasered her? NAACP should teach the girl to obey laws before wasting their money on lawsuits that they most likely would loose.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by JeSoul(f): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
pres-elect:

once again i disagree with you jesoul. the girl showed herself to be a tout. she was breaking the law by jaywalking. then she broke the law again by resisting arrest. the police regulations allow officers to use force when arrest is resisted. since she is a lady the officer felt he could use physical force to control her. unfortunately he had to use such physical force. as someone asked, would you rather he tasered her? NAACP should teach the girl to obey laws before wasting their money on lawsuits that they most likely would loose.
Yes, the regulations (and even common sense) make room for the fact cops have to respond in equal or harsher fashion than the perps. But a grab on the arm, does not warrant a full blown swing in retaliation at an obviously weaker, smaller, teenage girl. Whichever way you slice it, his reaction was on the excessive side. Aren't they trained all the time how to react? Wait and see, she'll sue and she will win. If the city of Seattle is smart, they'll settle with her privately for a smaller amount of money.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by NegroNtns(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
Let's look at it from a legal standpoint.

What is the penal code for jaywalking in that city? In most American cities it is a citation. Was the officer in the process of enforcing the code, which would mean issuing a citation or was he trying to make an arrest?

If it's an arrest. . .what is the arrest for? If you arrest for jaywalking when the code calls for citation, then that means you are exercising personal discretion at the expense of the ordinance. The discretion could be attributed to racial bias if, as it eventually turned out, the officer behaved and acted in ways in which he would not have dispensed force if the victim had been a a white girl.

The burden of proof against the charge for racial bias will be on the police officer and the city. . . not on the victim!

She can earn millions from this case if she gets good representation. A black woman in Atlanta has just recently been given judgement in amount of 25,000 against the city. A white policeman confronted and asked why she was walking on a sidewalk. She counter-charged and asked him why she could not. He arrested her.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by tpiah: 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
I just feel "they" are trying to test the waters for a possible withdrawal of the civil rights act.

It's just frightening.
Re: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17yr Old Girl In The Face by Kgdavid(m): 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
^ are you being serious? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

North Korean Army Claims It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Strike / Breaking News: Iran Plane Crash Kills 48 (photos) / 3D The New Way Things Will Be Built (first 3D Printed House Lands In Dubai)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.