Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,508 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries (6931 Views)

Start Stop Battery Is The Future For Automotive Batteries / We Buy Used Inverter Batteries And UPS Batteries / We Buy Scrap Inverter Deep Cycle Batteries Etc @ Reasonable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
We present to you one of the best automotive batteries worldwide. Trane Silver Calcium SMF is AAA-rated, Top-End of Automative Batteries, developed with technology from Sweden and Germany, rated 5-star and top ranked out of a selection of 18 contestants from all over the world.

The Real 5-Star Battery. Premium quality guaranteed built with guaranteed 100% factory workmanship and highest technology to provide highest quality possible.

We are the sole importer of TRANE Batteries in West Africa.

Prices to be uploaded and updated periodically.

191, Ikorodu Road, Palmgroove (beside Total fuel station).

We will be doing deliveries in Lagos and way-bill outside Lagos.

Contact phone number 08188631785.
whatsApp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Trane has been available in Nigeria over a 20-years and one of the few original still available around. It's tested and trusted.

Some of us can attest to the brand whilst some in their quest to get the brand (again) have been fleeced by imitations.

We present to you the original TRANE Batteries with warranty.

Please be reminded TRANE Batteries are not cheap but comes with guaranteed peace of mind.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
TRANE and CENE batteries
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by tempex88(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
Put price per amps and details of how/where to get them
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
CENE batteries are renowned for quality. Produced in state-of-the-art production facilities, backed by rigid and thorough quality-control process, CENE batteries have been constantly evolving, putting innovation into your driving power.

Our maintenance-free batteries are provided for automotive, commercial, deep-cycle, industrial, agriculture machinery, marine and golf cart applications.

We are the sole importer of CENE batteries in West Africa.

We will be doing deliveries in Lagos and way-bill outside Lagos.

Contact phone number on our signature.

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
HOW DOES A BATTERY WORKS?

A battery stores electricity for future use. It develops voltage from the chemical reaction produced when two unlike materials, such as the positive and negative plates, are immersed in the electrolyte, a solution of sulphuric acid and water. In a typical lead-acid battery, the voltage is approximately 2 volts per cell, for a total of 12 volts. Electricity flows from the battery as soon as there is a circuit between the positive and negative terminals. This happens when any load that needs electricity, such as the radio, is connected to the battery.

Most people don't realize that a lead-acid battery operates in a constant process of charge and discharge. When a battery is connected to a load that needs electricity, such as the starter in your car, current flows from the battery. The battery begins to be discharged.

In the reverse process, a battery becomes charged when current flows back into it, restoring the chemical difference between the plates. This happens when you're driving without any accessories and the alternator puts current back into the battery.

As a battery discharges, the lead plates become more chemically alike, the acid becomes weaker, and the voltage drops. Eventually the battery is so discharged that it can no longer deliver electricity at a useful voltage.

You can recharge a discharged battery by feeding electrical current back into it. A full charge restores the chemical difference between the plates and leaves the battery ready to deliver its full power.

This unique process of discharge and charge in the lead-acid battery means that energy can be discharged and restored over and over again. This is what's known as the cycling ability in a battery.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
WHY WON'T MY VEHICLE START?

When you ask yourself “Why won’t my car start?” you usually refer to the battery as being "dead," even though that's not technically correct. A battery that's merely discharged—from leaving your headlights on or from a damaged alternator—can be recharged to its full capacity. But a battery that's at the end of its service life can't be recharged enough to restore it to a useful power level. Then it truly is dead, and must be replaced.

If the battery is discharged and not dead, you can jump-start it from another fully charged battery. But if the alternator or another part of the electrical system in your car is damaged, the battery will not recharge and neither a mechanic nor a service station will be able to recharge it. So if your battery keeps discharging, have your electrical system checked before you replace it. What looks like a bad battery could be an electrical system problem. If you have a bad component in the electrical system, it will keep draining a new battery, and you'll be stranded again and again.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
SAFETY AND HANDLING

When fitting and handling batteries, please make sure you and anyone around are aware of the safety and handling by following all the safety recommendations and advice below.

Danger of exploding batteries
Batteries contain sulphuric acid and produce explosive mixtures of hydrogen and oxygen. Because self-discharge action generates hydrogen gas even when the battery is not in operation, make sure batteries are stored and worked on in a well-ventilated area.

Always wear proper eye, face and hand protection.

Keep all sparks, flames and cigarettes away from the battery.

Never try to open a battery with non-removable vents.

Keep removable vents tight and level except when servicing electrolyte.

Make sure work area is well-ventilated.

Never lean over battery while boosting, testing or charging.

Exercise caution when working with metallic tools or conductors to prevent short circuits and sparks.

Safe Charging
NEVER ATTEMPT TO CHARGE A BATTERY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CHARGER BEING USED. In addition to the charger manufacturer’s instructions, these general precautions should be followed for safe charging:

Always charge batteries in a well-ventilated area.

Keep vents tight and level.

Turn the charger and timer “OFF” before connecting the leads to the battery to avoid dangerous sparks.

Never try to charge a visibly damaged or frozen battery.

Connect the charger leads to the battery; red positive (+) lead to the positive (+) terminal and black negative (-) lead to the negative (-) terminal. If the battery is still in the vehicle, connect the negative lead to the engine block to serve as a ground. Be sure the ignition and all electrical accessories are turned off. (If the vehicle has a positive ground, connect the positive lead to the engine block.)

Make sure that the charger leads to the battery are not broken, frayed or loose.

Set the timer, turn the charger on and slowly increase the charging rate until the desired ampere value is reached.

If the battery becomes hot, or if violent gassing or spewing of electrolyte occurs, reduce the charging rate or turn off the charger temporarily.

Always turn the charger “OFF” before removing charger leads from the battery to avoid dangerous sparks.

Handling battery acid
Battery acid, or electrolyte, is a solution of sulphuric acid and water that can destroy clothing and burn the skin. USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN HANDLING BATTERY ACID and keep an acid-neutralizing solution — such as baking soda or household ammonia mixed with water — readily available. When handling batteries:

If the electrolyte is splashed into an eye, immediately force the eye open and flood it with clean, cool water for at least 15 minutes. Get prompt medical attention.

If electrolyte is taken internally, drink large quantities of water or milk. DO NOT induce vomiting. Get prompt medical attention.

Neutralize with baking soda any electrolyte that spills on a vehicle or in the work area. After neutralizing, rinse contaminated area clean with water. To prepare electrolyte of a specific gravity, always pour the concentrated acid slowly into the water; DO NOT pour water into the acid. Always stir the water while adding small amounts of acid. If noticeable heat develops, allow the solution to cool before continuing to add acid.

1 Like

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A BATTERY

How do you know which battery is right for your car? Here are some quick tips to help you make the right choice.

Check your vehicle manual for the original equipment manufacturer's recommendations for:

Battery group size - the battery size that will best fit the physical dimensions of your vehicle. Many vehicles can accommodate more than one group size.

Amps hours (AH) - it's the unit of measure for a battery’s electrical capacity when continuously discharged over a period of 20 hours before the voltage fails to 10.5V.

Cold cranking amps (CCA) - CCA is critical for good cranking ability. It's the number of amps a battery can support for 30 seconds at a temperature of -18 degrees Celcius until the battery voltage drops to unusable levels.

Reserve capacity (RC) - helps to power your vehicle's electrical system if the alternator fails. It identifies how many minutes the battery can supply ample power without falling below the minimum voltage needed to run your vehicle.

In general, for both CCA and RC, the higher the number the better. However, if you live in a cold climate, the CCA rating should be an important consideration in choosing a battery. Conversely, if you live in a high heat climate, you don't need as much CCA.

If you're looking for a deep-cycle battery for marine, you must also consider:

* the type of equipment to be powered
* the number of amps needed to run the equipment
* the number of hours you'll be using the equipment
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
tempex88:

We will be doing deliveries in Lagos (thru Carshopper e-hailing service) and way-bill outside Lagos via reputable logistic companies.

Contact phone number on our signature.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
Batteries should be examined for cleanliness at intervals

Keep cell terminals and connectors free of dust and corrosion. Terminal corrosion may affect the performance of the battery and could present a safety hazard. Should corrosion be observed, disconnect the battery, unbolt and remove the connectors, and remove the corrosion by brushing the terminals and connectors with a diluted solution of baking soda and water (sodium bicarbonate). Reapply an anti-oxidizing grease before reconnecting and bolting the connectors. Always maintain proper records.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REMOVE PRESSURE-RELIEF VALVES AND NEVER ADD WATER.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
To ensure our batteries safely reach their maximum shelf life, the average annual storage temperature should be 15°C. The short-term storage temperature must not exceed 25°C or battery life may be affected.

Remove the battery from the vehicle.

Find a cool, dry place to keep your battery.

Cleaning any terminal corrosion may affect the performance of the battery and could present a safety hazard. Remove the corrosion by brushing the terminals and connectors with a dilute solution of baking soda and water (sodium bicarbonate). Reapply an anti-oxidizing grease before reconnecting and bolting the connectors.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
We wish to begin our NL sales with a promo to appreciate our esteemed customers.

The First NL buyer will pay HALF price with FREE delivery (on regular sizes 60ah and 75ah).
The next 2 (two) at 3/4 price with FREE delivery;
The next 5 (five) get a set of original battery terminal connector with FREE delivery;
The next 10 (ten) buyer gets FREE delivery only.

We will try to make the FREE delivery countrywide (hopefully waybill amount wont be cut-throat).

All purchases must be initiated here.

(Better) Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by AutoElectNG: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nice

I love Trane batteries but twice they died on me.

I ended up looking like a fool to those who bought the 2 year lifespan local batteries given my massive investment they said in common battery.

Quote pricing per CCA

Also explain how your warranty works inclusive of term

What's covered... What's not?
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Nice

I ended up looking like a fool to those who bought the 2 year lifespan local batteries given my massive investment they said in common battery.

Quote pricing per CCA

Sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered with the 2 of our units. We have been having running battles with imitators for years but I will accept you must have bought the original going through your profile.

As you are aware, TRANE batteries will last much more than 2-years. We have had instances of 5-years life span.

We are offering 6 months warranty on both TRANE and CENE Batteries with replacement (almost money-back guarantee) provided the both terminals are good (not more than 20% damage to terminal and casing). We will replace the battery.

Modified: We spoke sir. As discussed, the one you bought from international superstore is original and we accept responsibility as we do not offer after-sales shelf life service to their Abuja outlet hence the battery might have been nearing the end of its shelf life before you got it from them. I hope they remedied the unfortunately situation as we offer them full warranty. However, its highly possible the imitation was sold to you in the second instance, please compare the picture here with what you bought if you can still remember sir. In all, we offer our apologies for the bad experience and wish you give us a trial again.

Perchance you visit the retailer again, do ask him for TRANE battery and upload the pic here for us to see. Imitators are trying to use our renowned brand name to cheat unsuspecting public. We are sorry for the experience.

Luckily, the original is right here for you, without any fear.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by ayiceberg: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
prices?

1 Like

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
ayiceberg:
prices?

This.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
ayiceberg:
prices?

Sir/Ma, price upload signifies the commencement of the promo hence we want to gather size-able traffic before we do that.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deltel, they want to beat me to first price o! grin

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by AutoElectNG: 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
DelTel:

Sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered with the 2 of our units. We have been having running battles with imitators for years but I will accept you must have bought the original going through your profile.

As you are aware, TRANE batteries will last much more than 2-years. We have had instances of 5-years life span.

We are offering 6 months warranty on both TRANE and CENE Batteries with replacement (almost money-back guarantee) provided the both terminals are good (not more than 20% damage to terminal and casing). We will replace the battery.

Bought one from The Game Abuja and the second from a battery stockist here in Abuja

By the way DelTel called me to discuss the issues I raised.

Just to inform the rest of the forum, sounds like good customer service at work, less than 20 minutes ago.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I do not see you winning personally as your comment will/has surely drag more traffic to the thread. Surely one or two of your E-haulers will win so issagoal grin
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
ayiceberg:
prices?
EgunMogaji:

This.

I was thinking we get to 200 views then we post the price-list.

Then another idea is Monday morning so delivery can be made same day.

Or what do you think sirs?
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
In Stock.

Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by valarinz: 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
DelTel:
We wish to begin our NL sales with a promo to appreciate our esteemed customers.

The First NL buyer will pay HALF price with FREE delivery (on regular sizes 60ah and 75ah).
The next 5 (five) get a set of original battery terminal connector with FREE delivery;

We will try to make the FREE delivery countrywide (hopefully waybill amount wont be cut-throat).

AutoElectNG
EgunMogaji
oyb
LeJeun3
Shalomc
Carshopper
MPVGoddess
earthrealm
Successbay
dekunle
luvinhubby
tushbobo
tempex88
valarinz
neezar
Cosplay
MurderX
obekediamondfuto
timifakay
diportivo
LeJeun3
Erico2k2
Calculusx
Ipfreely
Dbkk
nurey
chukel
kingreign
Mayor2013
banky3w
princetom1
thebigkendo
honmusa
computerglobal
aieromon
pinnket
Explorers
Gravatar
GAZZUZZ
VinTruth
ejembi28
HeavenlyBang
Lanpets

Please give me a phone number to contact you or whatsapp me on 08032897486. I'll surely buy from you without the NL noises, 75ah and 100ah is my interest, hope prices are good too.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
valarinz:

Please give me a phone number to contact you or whatsapp me on 08032897486. I'll surely buy from you without the NL noises, 75ah and 100ah is my interest, hope prices are good too.

Yeah, Volvo will use 100ah or 75ah. TRANE and Volvo are both of Swedish origin. My dad, grandma and uncles got brand new Volvo vehicles from TRANE companies over 30years ago when sales were good as naija economy was buoyant for people to buy good products.

The price will be good as we are the sole importer in West Africa, but not cheap as china-made batteries.

Some sell TRANE 60ah as high as N50,000.00 thou grin i shock o.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by valarinz: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2018
DelTel:

Yeah, Volvo will use 100ah or 75ah. TRANE and Volvo are both of Swedish origin. My dad, grandma and uncles got brand new Volvo vehicles from TRANE companies over 30years ago when sales were good as naija economy was buoyant for people to buy good products.

The price will be good as we are the sole importer in West Africa, but not cheap as china-made batteries.

Some sell TRANE 60ah as high as N50,000.00 thou grin i shock o.

This no be child's play oo sad

I'll wait for your own prices sha cool
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2018
Good morning,

Price list uploading soon.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by DelTel(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
DelTel:

AutoElectNG
EgunMogaji
oyb
LeJeun3
Shalomc
Carshopper
MPVGoddess
earthrealm
Successbay
dekunle
luvinhubby
tushbobo
tempex88
valarinz
neezar
Cosplay
MurderX
obekediamondfuto
timifakay
diportivo
LeJeun3
Erico2k2
Calculusx
Ipfreely
Dbkk
nurey
chukel
kingreign
Mayor2013
banky3w
princetom1
thebigkendo
honmusa
computerglobal
aieromon
pinnket
Explorers
Gravatar
GAZZUZZ
VinTruth
ejembi28
HeavenlyBang
Lanpets

valarinz:

This no be child's play oo sad

I'll wait for your own prices sha cool

GAZZUZZ:

AutoElectNG:
Nice

Quote pricing per CCA

ayiceberg:
prices?

tempex88:
tempex88:

TRANE.
VB60ah - #30,000.
75ah - #36,500.
100ah - #48,000 (limited quantity available).
150ah - #70,000.

CENE.
62ah - #23,500.
75ah - #27,500.
100ah - #39,000.
150ah - #55,000.
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
DelTel:

TRANE.
VB60ah - #30,000.
75ah - #36,500.
100ah - #48,000 (limited quantity available).
150ah - #70,000.

CENE.
62ah - #23,500.
75ah - #27,500.
100ah - #39,000.
150ah - #55,000.

confirm payment of 30,000 for highlighted battery. grin
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

haba baba wetin naaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanted to win that bonanza
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

haba baba wetin naaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanted to win that bonanza

no worry, let us talk outside grin
Re: TRANE & CENE Automotive Batteries by thebigkendo(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Ahhhhhhh!!! sad How you take get him akkant number self?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valvoline Maxlife Coolant / Acura Mdx 2012 Technology Package Toks... 6.8m / 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe *reg* Pimped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.