Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why You Should Own A Blog As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Own A Blog As A Student (320 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Blog As A Student / Security Men Harass A Student Of Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (Video) / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Own A Blog As A Student by chikachuks1(m): 3:10am On Jul 29, 2018
In the 21st century, blogging has become one of the field where your efforts could be lucratively channeled. Every young person stands a chance to own a blog. In a bid to encourage young people to become industrious, there are various things to do with your time. Unfortunately, many people sees entrepreneurship as a game only the advanced in age can venture into. You will agree with me that the youths are the highest users of the internet. As such, such time could be channeled into some meaningful efforts. I have carefully prepared this article in order to encourage every student to own a blog. If you have read my article titled, “Businesses you can do in the campus” https://infoducation.com/campus-business/, blogging was stated there. Though, I must clearly state that to own a blog is not compulsory for every student. This article serves as an encouragement to boost you interest in the blogosphere. After reading this article, your perspective on owning a blog should change. If you have been considering blogging before, this article will make you more interested in it. But if not, this article will arouse your interest. Let us proceed straight to the point.

It is cheap to start: The very first reason why every student should own a blog is because blogging is very cheap to start. If you already have your devices like, laptop and smartphone, the capital will be drastically reduced. To start a blog, get a domain name of your choice. Though I must let you know that almost every smart domain name has been taken. If you need help on getting a nice domain name, chat me up on whatsapp via 07064635053. The price for domain names varies from company to company. But at most, with ₦5,000 you will get a .com domain name for a year and with at most ₦3,000 you will get a .ng domain name for a year. In my opinion, if you can purchase more than a year at once, the better for you. After you have gotten a domain name, you proceed to get a hosting plan. There are different hosting plans provided by hosting companies and their rate differs. Here are some of the hosting companies you can check up; Globalhosting247, whogohost, Hostgator, ehost, bluehost etc. But then, as a newbie, the hosting will not cost more than ₦25,000 per year. The next thing is to get a designer. Most times, wordpress provides the best platforms for bloggers. A good designer can design a blog for you for as low as ₦15,000. Better still, you can check out some YouTube tutorials and design it yourself. At most to own a blog will cost you ₦50,000. You discover that compared to some other business, this amount is relatively low. Therefore, this is the first reason why you should own a blog.

You are passionate about something: The second reason why you should own a blog is because you are passionate about something. Even as a student, your passion cannot be 100% channeled to education. There are still some other thing you are passionate about, like, religion, sports, education, jobs, entertainment, fashion, etc. You can convert your passion into a blog to help you develop more on it and also share your passion with a wider community.

Blogging Could Be Seamlessly Combined With Your Studies: If you own a blog, it does not stop you from still been very good in your studies. Blogging can be combined with your studies without creating any lapse. Every human being has the ability to multitask at one time or the other. Therefore, if you own a blog, you can still perform matchlessly in your studies.

Students’ community is very favourable: A study has shown that many businesses done in the student community are successful. This is in almost every campus, you have a community of about ₦20,000 students, compact together in a given geographical location. Therefore, if there is any good place to do business, in my opinion, the campus environment is that place. In like manner, whatever niche of blogging you want to do, you will find students who will really patronize you. If you can grow your blog in the student community, then growing it in the larger community will not be much problematic.
For the full list on why you should own a blog as a student, click on the link below
https://infoducation.com/why-you-should-own-a-blog-as-a-student/
Re: Why You Should Own A Blog As A Student by chikachuks1(m): 5:01am On Aug 04, 2018
Blogging and studies can go hand in hand so consider doing little blogging while still studying

(1) (Reply)

A Description Of GUI Of Windows 10 Operating Systems / How To Make Your Mind Affect Your Examination Grades Positively / J-AMB FOUNDATION (apply For J-amb Scholarship For Undergraduates 2018/2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.