Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil (1076 Views)

Nigerians Report Chigozie Nwonwu To BBC For Fake News(photo) / IPOB Autopilot Reacts To The BBC Article About Biafra / Full Text Of The BBC Documentary About IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 3:52am On Jul 29, 2018
On the 29th of July, 1967; just 23 days after Gowon (Go On With One Nigeria) invaded our homeland, he wrote this letter to then British PM, Harold Wilson, begging him to tame BBC, Financial Times & the Economist from reporting the true situation in Biafra in exchange for OIL SUPPLIES.

51 years later, the war Gowon declared against Biafrans are now being fought in his home town, and unfortunately, his people are holding the short end of the stick.

The British that supplied him weapons and media coverage in exchange for oil cannot come to his aid as his people are being massacred daily by the same PEOPLE HE FOUGHT FOR. The same British media are wrongly reporting the war against Gowon's people as Herders-farmers clashes.

The so-called 'unity' he fought for is not attainable and he (Gowon) is a helpless & hopeless shadow of his old self in the scheme of things in present day Nigeria.

One would want to ask, with what we know today, would Gowon had gone to that war? Only him can answer this question.

Unity by force is disunity. Unity without equity & justice is unattainable.___Slik Austin

Kween Agoz: Just last week, Gowon called for the arrest of Herdsmen. LWKMD!����

This is a man I wrote a letter to on the Subject THE BIG IGBO QUESTIONS about the Civil war. A British friend of mine assisted me in delivering the letter to his door step, a few walk from my friends apartment.
Till date, Jack NEVER replied me nor the Igbo Body that I represented.

I am seeing it that he has decided to obey his conscience and broke his Golden Jubilee SILENCE.

We are waiting for his Speech on the Truth about the civil war.

"CONSCIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND, ONLY TRUTH HEALS IT"____ Othman Ibn Fudi

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!

Udo diri Ndi choro udo..... Iseeeeeee

Ndewo Nu!

https://web.facebook.com/chi.agozie.96?hc_ref=ARQ5X48BaZirWOvBNtQmNAk23jyHXw7xiw8ERYgVC4ZqG4HX7DpCcU7Xwf6Lm1E-FmE&fref=nf&__nodl

1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by sarrki(m): 3:54am On Jul 29, 2018
This Biafra is too over hyped
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by sarrki(m): 3:56am On Jul 29, 2018
Biafra my foot rubbish

In constitution of federal republic of Nigeria nothing like Biafra

Even the Usa court rejects them

God and Humanity rejects anyone that brings animosity among brethren
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 3:57am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:
This Biafra is too over hyped

Oga read with sense and open ur mind
Over hyped or not
Same BBC is being gagged today to say its a farmers herders clash
Hate for igbos won't increase ur bank account angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 3:59am On Jul 29, 2018
Lala this deserves fp cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by sarrki(m): 4:02am On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

Over hyped or not

Shut up

Where did you see Igbos in my statement

Biafra is a fraudulent organization to hijack power my some greedy mofos in the late 60s

Now they re aclamatize to Igbos

Igbos are biafrans

According to Nigeria constitution Igbos are terrorist organization

1 Like

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 4:07am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up

Biafra is a fraudulent organization to hijack power my some greedy mofos in the late 60s

Igbos are biafrans

I should shot up
Where did I see igbos in your statements

Who are igbos
Who are baifrans
So u think both are different people
Keep stewing in ur hate
I don forget self na Yoruba Muslim u be

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Ofodirinwa: 4:15am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up

Igbos are biafrans

show me the part of the nigerian constitution that says this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by chriskosherbal(m): 4:16am On Jul 29, 2018
ThIs e-tribal war going on here and above me na waoooo

Easy guyz

See signature
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:
On the 29th of July, 1967; just 23 days after Gowon (Go On With One Nigeria) invaded our homeland, he wrote this letter to then British PM, Harold Wilson, begging him to tame BBC, Financial Times & the Economist from reporting the true situation in Biafra in exchange for OIL SUPPLIES.

51 years later, the war Gowon declared against Biafrans are now being fought in his home town, and unfortunately, his people are holding the short end of the stick.

The British that supplied him weapons and media coverage in exchange for oil cannot come to his aid as his people are being massacred daily by the same PEOPLE HE FOUGHT FOR. The same British media are wrongly reporting the war against Gowon's people as Herders-farmers clashes.

The so-called 'unity' he fought for is not attainable and he (Gowon) is a helpless & hopeless shadow of his old self in the scheme of things in present day Nigeria.

One would want to ask, with what we know today, would Gowon had gone to that war? Only him can answer this question.

Unity by force is disunity. Unity without equity & justice is unattainable.___Slik Austin

Kween Agoz: Just last week, Gowon called for the arrest of Herdsmen. LWKMD!����

This is a man I wrote a letter to on the Subject THE BIG IGBO QUESTIONS about the Civil war. A British friend of mine assisted me in delivering the letter to his door step, a few walk from my friends apartment.
Till date, Jack NEVER replied me nor the Igbo Body that I represented.

I am seeing it that he has decided to obey his conscience and broke his Golden Jubilee SILENCE.

We are waiting for his Speech on the Truth about the civil war.

"CONSCIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND, ONLY TRUTH HEALS IT"____ Othman Ibn Fudi

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!

Udo diri Ndi choro udo..... Iseeeeeee

Ndewo Nu!

https://web.facebook.com/chi.agozie.96?hc_ref=ARQ5X48BaZirWOvBNtQmNAk23jyHXw7xiw8ERYgVC4ZqG4HX7DpCcU7Xwf6Lm1E-FmE&fref=nf&__nodl
The grand patron of sai babarism will soon hand over his village in Plateau state to herdsmen and herdswomen.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by aribisala0(m): 4:21am On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

I should shot up
Where did I see igbos in your statements

Who are igbos
Who are baifrans
So u think both are different people
Keep stewing in ur hate
I don forget self na Yoruba Muslim u be
The truth is coming out.

So Eboes are Biafrans.

Why then did they forcefully covert ohers and their land into the doomed project like the Good Nigerian people of what is now Rivers,Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers states was it because of their OYEL and sea access?

So we now know that Ijaws and Efik and Ikwerres are not Biafrans but a makeweight whose main value was for OYEL money

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by MightySparrow: 4:23am On Jul 29, 2018
THEY have come again.
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 4:32am On Jul 29, 2018
aribisala0:
The truth is coming out.

So Eboes are Biafrans.

Why then did they forcefully covert ohers and their land into the doomed project like the Good Nigerian people of what is now Rivers,Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers states was it because of their OYEL and sea access?

So we now know that Ijaws and Efik and Ikwerres are not Biafrans but a makeweight whose main value was for OYEL money

I am urohobo and biafran
The mistake in Benin was what made the mid west abandoned the project
When the federal governor was removed but ojukwu and major banjo bantered for three days
Major Banjo wanted a native as governor but Ojukwu put a colonel okonkwo
Forgetting that war is won by 90% propaganda and 10% bullet
The federal govt led by Gown has being telling the minorities that igbos wants to dominate them
And that ojukwu wrong move of not putting a native in Benin made our fine officers go back to Lagos and the amphibian force was formed with Gen Adekunle the black scorpion
And that was why the mid west now Niger Delta sabotage the Biafran soldiers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by aribisala0(m): 4:38am On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

I am urohobo and biafran
The mistake in Benin was what made the mid west abandoned the project
When the federal governor was removed but ojukwu and major banjo bantered for three days
Major Banjo wanted a native as governor but Ojukwu put a colonel okonkwo
Forgetting that war is won by 90% propaganda and 10% bullet
The federal govt led by Gown has being telling the minorities that igbos wants to dominate them
And that ojukwu wrong move of not putting a native in Benin made our fine officers go back to Lagos and the amphibian force was formed with Gen Adekunle the black scorpion
And that was why the mid west now Niger Delta sabotage the Biafran soldiers

What is urohobo? Na Gay club?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by sarrki(m): 4:49am On Jul 29, 2018
GodIsFoolish:

USELESS DESCENDANT OF UTHMAN DANFODIO

Do you know that

ipobians are the most foolish being?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by authehighness: 5:49am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:

Do you know that

ipobians are the most foolish being?
the level of your madness is going higher everyday,help yourself before you become irredemeable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by tiredoflife(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2018
aribisala0:

What is urohobo? Na Gay club?

Really so awolowo free education didnt help u undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by nengibo: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

Really so awolowo free education didnt help u undecided
Urhobo , learn how to spell "your" tribe wink

1 Like

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:
Biafra my foot rubbish

How old are you man, out of all problems battling Nigeria your lots thinks Biafra matters should be paramount.
I pity your type of leaders in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by phase1: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2018
Read the book 'Biafra- British shame' written by Auberon Waugh a journalist who was on ground during the war. He was even fired by his employers in london engineered by the British government for being critical of British amoral crime against humanity in Biafraaland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auberon_Waugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by phase1: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2018
No wonder the British PM Harold Wilson while addressing the British parliament said - 'Britains neutrality is a victory for Biafra'.

When Biafra is restored, it must have nothing to do with the commonwealth which is simply an organization of modern day slaves.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by loveth360(f): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2018
we know gowon did so many evil to keep niger area one. But thank God his people are enjoying it a Bit now.

But we must continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by velocity25(m): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2018
God will keep exposing the evil Nigerian govt and British did to Biafrans, we will rise again!all Hail Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Herdsmen: 8:46am On Jul 29, 2018
aribisala0:
The truth is coming out.

So Eboes are Biafrans.

Just as we know that the ijebus aworis okun kwara are not Yoruba..
So why the attachment by force..

Some Yoruba atimes..eh..you go just reason which planet dey even fall from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by EternalTruths: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2018
sarrki:
Biafra my foot rubbish

You can't stop the rise of Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by sarrki(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2018
EternalTruths:

You can't stop the rise of Biafra.

Biafra is a fraudulent activity
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Strikethem: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2018
Herdsmen:

Lol, if ijebu, okun, and awori ate not Yoruba, now tell us who are Yoruba. Tell us the language they speak. We all know that rivers people, akwa ibom people, delta people, bayelsa and cross river people have different language from igbo language. Tell us the language those okun, awori and ijebu speak.
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by aribisala0(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Herdsmen:

In many ways you are right they are NOT Yoruba

Yoruba typically meant OYO Many of these groups felt they were equals of Oyo Many of our grandparents talked about "Yoruba" people to mean those with specific facial scars . It was the Britiish and Nigeria that welded so many group under that umbrella. We do not say because you speak this or have such and such name they you must come under the umbrella. That is your choice and many have come under the umbrella by force of normothetic pressure It is not until you say you are Yoruba before we collaborate. Not everyone is a descendant of Oduduwa.
Oduduwa was an outsider and came with a dynasty maybe 1000 years ago bu there were indigenes going back thousands of years before him and some people were forced to cross the River Niger and are still there to this day. Some of such resent the idea of "Yoruba"because they know it means Oyo and others have publicly identified as Yoruba .

The essential ingredient here is "agency" haviing control and direction of one's path let the Ikwerre choose what they want to be. I have said it and I will repeat it.

Before 1960 the Ikwerre identified themselves as separate and distinct
They rejected the "imposition" of the Ibo Bible as it was first published and commissioned their own
In 1963 there was a large population of migrant Igbo traders from outside PH mainly Aba and Ngwa. Those particular group were perhaps more typically "igbo"in their aggressiveness and enterprise compared to the Ikwerre whom they derided as lazy and contemned because they sold their lands which they acquired .
This folk used their clout to ensure that the NCNC picked one of their own from Aba to represent the Ikwerre at the National Assembly. The Ikwerres resented this and found a champion in Mr Wonodi a young Ikwerre intellect and he ran as an independent candidate against Elugwaraonu from Aba of the mighty NCNC party of Zik of Africa with Regional might from Enugu.

Wonodi won to restore Ikwerre pride and that is the experience of what being Igbo means . No one taught them about the Igbos they witnessed and experienced it themselves

In the 1979 constitution the Ikwerre were recognized as a separate ethnic group from Ibo. I should point out that our current constitution recognizes Ibo Language and not Igbo Language

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by ayokellany: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

Over hyped or not

Will love for Igbo increase the bank account ? A lot of you Igbos no just gree her sense.
Re: Biafra Civil War And How Gown Gagged The BBC For Oil by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
Strikethem:
Lol, if ijebu, okun, and awori ate not Yoruba, now tell us who are Yoruba. Tell us the language they speak. We all know that rivers people, akwa ibom people, delta people, bayelsa and cross river people have different language from igbo language. Tell us the language those okun, awori and ijebu speak.

Senseless hypocrites

(1) (Reply)

Black Box From Lion Air Plane Crash In Indonesia Has Been Retrieved (PHOTOS) / Aisha To Start Her Akara And Fried Yam Business - Pics / Update On Road Construction In Owerri City Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.