Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings (581 Views)

How FG Can Stop Killings In Plateau, Others — Atiku / You Should Explain To Nigerians Why BVAS Developed Many Faults, Csos Tell INEC / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by themomentng: 7:41am On Jul 29, 2018
Elder Statesman and former Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa has again fired a broadside against President Muhammadu Buhari asking him to tell Nigerians why he is unable to curb the incessant killings across the country.

Speaking with Sunday Telegraph, the former governor said that with all the resources and power at the disposal of Mr President he had no reason not to have ended the insecurity across the country.

Musa also disclosed that the recent gale of defections across the country shows that political parties in the country cannot be trusted to deepen the country’s democracy.

According to Musa: “I think the solution with the killings lies with the President, clearly the president must solve this problem. He is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. He is the chief security officer of Nigeria. He commands all the resources of the country and he has legitimate authority, having been elected by the people.

“So when you combine all these you can see that he has the power to stop all the killings. The issue is what is he doing to stop them?

“Nigerians need to find out from the president why he is finding it difficult to stop the killing. I believe anything anyone says is speculation. Let him tell us why, in spite of all the resources at his disposal?

“It is time the president should explain to Nigerians because he has all it takes to stop this. In terms of power; which individual or even institution in Nigeria has the power he controls? Why can’t he exercise his powers to stop the killings? We should not continue beating about the bush; let us say the truth,” he said.

Speaking on the N242billion requested by the President for the 2019 general elections, Musa said: “The first guarantee we want is to know if INEC can give us a free, fair and transparent election leading to a legitimate government? INEC should tell us what is required for credible free and fair elections.

“For me the money should be based on what they will deliver, can they deliver a transparent election which they have not done before? How much will they need to deliver proper election?

On the gale of defections across the country, Musa said: “It shows the confusion in the polity, it shows that political parties cannot even be relied upon and it is a terrible situation. The leading parties, that is the party in power and the main opposition party are in disarray.

“The problem is that it is not good for democracy. Because you cannot rely on the political parties and we cannot have the democracy we require without political parties, because it is significant.”

On the way forward he said “I don’t know how we can come out of the situation with the legislators and the executive at each other’s throats, they are now fighting to the finish. It will be difficult to have a legal arrangement for free and fair elections and these are the two arms of government that can give us this.

“For now the way out is a fundamental constitutional change and that is difficult now that we have fight to the finish between these two fundamental arms of government.”

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by Racoon(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2018
“I think the solution with the killings lies with the President, clearly the president must solve this problem. He is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
He is the chief security officer of Nigeria. He commands all the resources of the country and he has legitimate authority, having been elected by the people.
Meanwhile these are Buhari's response to this clueless;
1).“I contested for this position (presidency) four times before I got it, so I can not complain of the challenges we are facing,”
Mr Buhari said his administration has performed creditably well in curbing security in Nigeria.
“Nobody can say that we haven’t done well in terms of security, we have done our best, but the way this situation is now, we can only pray,” the president said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/274045-what-buhari-gov-lalong-told-plateau-citizens-over-killings.html

2).https://www.google.com/amp/punchng.com/killings-be-patient-my-security-chiefs-racking-their-brains-buhari/amp/

1 Like

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by ChangetheChange: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2018
grin
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by bedspread: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by magoo10(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2018
Exactly a simple explanation will do to show cause why he is incompetent in that regard.

Blame games will not be accepted
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by hisgrace090: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Non has been prosecuted for killing.
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by bjayx: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2018
Buhari told me he's behind the killings thats why he can't stop it. grin
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by Olalan(m): 7:46am On Jul 29, 2018
The killings wont end soon cause the govt. is not ready to do the needful cause of religious tribal and political sentiments
Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by Firefire(m): 7:47am On Jul 29, 2018
The element is a great failure

1 Like

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by Donald95(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2018
He can't stop the killings because it is their grand plan to conquer Nigeria or majority of the country and make Sharia fully imposed on every angle of the country.

It is very sad that nigerian youths are not students of history

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2018
PRESIDENT, SAY SOMETHING AGAIN TO THIS.
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by aolawale025: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2018
He simply cannot. You cannot give what you don't have

1 Like

Re: Balarabe Musa: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians Why He Can’t Stop Killings by Shelumiel: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2018
Our president is behind the killings . Period

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Revealed How Nigerian Politicians Killed Their Country's Economy. / Opinion: Arrest Of Daura And How FG Abuses SARS Operations / Oyedepo Former PDP Kwara Chairman Urges All Nigerians To Vote For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.