Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can (6206 Views)

Nigeria Can Still Qualify Depending On CAF Descision On Who To Take Guinea' Spot / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by unclesam99: 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
Please everyone should sheath their sword or hold their raving horses! Mecheonu!! A begggggiiiiiiii!
Yes, I agree 100% with the first poster that Nigeria can still qualify, absolutely yes!

Because the South Koreans wll come to the field to sell groundnuts, abi?
Kai, U nigerians, your greatest promblem is that U na too like to deceive una selves! The best that we can get out of that match is a draw: that's the truth!
As usual, we should go back to our proverbial drawing board (and at the rate at which we are always going back to this same board, I'd be surprised if the board is still existing at all) and see how we can mend the pieces of our national football life in readiness for Brazil 2014.

PLEASE LET'S START TALKING ABOUT BRAZIL 2014, LESS THAN 1,500 DAYS AWAY!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Ranoscky(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
^^ And how are u sure that the best we'r gunna have is draw? undecided
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mensdept: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
We can still qualify. It doesnt mean that we have a good team, a good coach, but that there's a tournament and those two with the best points (points, goal differential, etc) will move on to the next round. Except for Argentina, the other two teams in our group have lost one game at least by 2 goals or more. Nigeria has lost by one goal (though they played poorly).

There were pundits that thought Greece were going to lose to Naija before the 1st Half begun, but look what happened---a red card by Kaita, continuous shitty play particularly by YAKUBU, YOBO, and OBASI, and crampings by our defenders.  So Greece not only equalized, they scored 2wice in what pundits may call a "MIRACLE".

All four teams in our group know they have to win to guarantee a spot in the R16, and South Korea (who didnt play so well against Greece nor Argentina) could lose to a Mediocre Nigeria team that manages to score 1 or even 2 goals.

The bottom line is that we need to introduce new and different players. Martins needs to play, Ideye needs to play, Adeleye needs to play, and possibly try Utaka and/or Kanu. Those who have already played and havent contributed anything or inspired victory---YAKUBU, OBASI, YOBO, ETUHU, should be benched.

But something tells me that Lagerback doesnt really give  a dam and is ready to get back to Sweden with his NAIJA DELTA naira.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mikeoscar: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
Not dis team. .they don't have what it takes. .

Never underestimate a wounded lion. Now that noboby is expecting anything from the Super Eagles, they can now relax and play their normal game now the pressure is off. Remember, when your back is against the wall,

You read it here first

Naa, it's "Never overestimate a head-less grilled Rooster". grin grin grin

Up Super grilling Roosters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by pat4: 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2010
SHUT THE EFF UP, AND GO AND SIT DOWN, THOSE SHITGLES ARE NOT GOING ANY WHERE, EVEN IF THEY QUALIFY, U WANT THEM TO GO AND DISGRACE THEMSELVES MORE IN THE 2ND ROUND, PLEASE JUST SHUT UP WITH THAT NIGERIA TALK, OUR TEM IS USELESS,  THE WISE THING TO DO NOW IS TO BUILD A TEAM FOR 4 YEARS STRATGHT AND START PREPARING FOR 2014,

My guy,you are not a true nigerian. why on earth will talk about this country like this.?
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by 007busman: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2010
ourselves We should never have sacked AMODU; see how we cursed.

I guess you are the only one cursed.Amodu should not even near the eagles again till he die.He is the curse of everything now.What is Amodu last achievement,since his day in BCC lion of Gboko he has not win in any major event.If he is that good Orlando pirate will not send him away.If Amodu is that good he will have job with other countries like Keshi and Kadiri Ikahana,if Amodu is that good he could at least reach final of one of the nations cups just like siasia,because no coach in Nigeria had the kind of opportunities he has.If Amodu is good NFF and 150million Nigerians will not support his sack just to pick largerback who could not qualify his country.Many ifs against this MUMUDU
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Tcrack(m): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2010
Abeg someone pls ENLIGHTEN me. the poster said if we win south korea by one goal, we will still qualify. . i wonder how that is possible considering the fact that sout korea had 2 against greece and 1 against argentina. making their goals a total of 3. while we have had only one goal in the tournament so far. can someone please explain
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by merge(f): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2010
Tcrack:

Abeg someone pls ENLIGHTEN me. the poster said if we win south korea by one goal, we will still qualify. . i wonder how that is possible considering the fact that sout korea had 2 against greece and 1 against argentina. making their goals a total of 3. while we have had only one goal in the tournament so far. can someone please explain

I think because SK conceded a total of 5 goals. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong?
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Ranoscky(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
what we need is 2goals and pray dat pray that grecce will not score against argentina by dis magin we'r through.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by deor03(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
Ranoscky:

what we need is 2goals and pray dat pray that grecce will not score against argentina by dis magin we'r through.

No ALL we need is 1 goal and Pray that Argentina Wins !
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by oluclem(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
We need a goal provided argentina win with two unreplied goal.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by KingTut1: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
South Korea GD is -3.
Nigeria is -2.

If we win by one goal and Argentina defeat Greece we will qualify.

Although Argentina will rest key players, they will give run outs to Kun Aguero, G.Milito, Rodriguez which should be enough to beat Greece who are hopeless.

Not counting on us to beat the Koreans so I have no expectations, just like I didn't expect us to qualify when we played Kenya in the last round of WC qualifiers, I didn't even watch that match.

Don't stress yourselves my people.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by softgirl1: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2010
God can still do some thing let's just have faith it is not over untill it's over cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by deor03(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
Tcrack:

Abeg someone pls ENLIGHTEN me. the poster said if we win south korea by one goal, we will still qualify. . i wonder how that is possible considering the fact that sout korea had 2 against greece and 1 against argentina. making their goals a total of 3. while we have had only one goal  in the tournament so far. can someone please explain

Simple

Assuming the following Result come Tuesday

Agrentina 1  Greece 0
Nigeria 1  South Korea 0

The Table will be like this

Argentina  9pts    GD +5
Nigerian    3Pts    GD -1

Korea        3Pts    GD-2
Greece      3Pts    GD-2
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by xterra2(m): 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
Never give up until it is over
Yes we can thnx poster
We dont have patrotic nigerians over here
Remember,how we qualified?Against all odds
Now HOPEFULLY we shall qualify
I just hope we do so
This eagles like in tunisia when they scored they will relax same thing they did for greece they have to know if you score defend!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by tymohs(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2010
,  what do you expect from a team that has Kanu as a member. it means that the memebers were not selected based on performance, Kanu is no longer a footballer he is a now  a business man.
,  corruption everywhere ; what do we need a foreign coach for , waste of national money.
  ,  so our senators wasted  out tax money to go and watch football in SA, when they have not found solution to electricity in Nigeria.
,  shame
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by atunkeade: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
Yes we can still win
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2010
honestly i never wanted nigeria to qualify for the world cup, it would have been better to save a lot of fans the heartache they are giving them right now.

i think the best thing to do would be to sack coach and players, bring samson siasia to the picture, let them retain martins and osaze, then build a new team over the next 4 years for the next world cup.

i wish them luck in the next match.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Confusion: 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
we can still qualify if largerback is sack and goodluck takes over as naija coach
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Syenite(m): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
Current standing:
1)ARGENTINA: 6pts, +4 goals diff, 5goals for
2)KOREA: 3pts, -1goals diff, 3goals for
3)GREECE: 3pts, -1 goals diff, 2goals for
4)NIGERIA: 0pts, -2 goals diff, 1goal for

Believe it or not ARGENTINA CAN STILL CRASH OUT!!

PLEASE WEIGH THESE POSSIBILITIES

Possibility(1) for Argentina not to Qualify is if they loss to Greece by 3 goals and Korea beat Nigeria by 3goals
the group then ends like this:
1)KOREA: 6pts, +2goals diff, 6goals for
2)GREECE:6pts, +2goals diff, 5goals for
3)ARGENTINA:6pts, +1goals diff, 5goals for
4)NIGERIA: 0pts, -5goals diff, 1goal for

BUT YOU KNOW THIS IS AN UNLIKELY OUTCOME

Possibilty(2) for Nigeria to Qualify is if we beat Korea by 1 goal and Argetina beat Greece by 1 goal
the group ends like this:
1)ARGENTINA: 9pts, +5goals diff, 6goals for
2)NIGERIA: 3pts, -1 goals diff, 2 goals for
3)KOREA: 3pts, -2 goals diff, 3goals for
4)GREECE: 3pts, -2goals diff, 2goals for.

ARGENTINA ALREADY KNOWS THESE ARITHMETICS SO THEY WOULD NOT WANT TO LOOSE TO GREECE.
SO IF ARGENTINA BEATS GREECE BY ATLEAST 1-0 AND NIGERIA BEATS KOREA BY AT LEAST 1-0 NIGERIA QUALIFIES.

HOW EVER IF GREECE AND ARGENTINA SHOULD PULL A DRAW THEN IT IS OVER FOR NIGERIA. cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by redcliff: 2:10am On Jun 19, 2010
I don't know why nigerians are like this, are you pple not the ones that asked for Amodu to be removed now because luck isn't on our side, you are asking for forgiveness from the man cos you think he is the cause of the illuck in our outting, we don't know what we actually want. The best thing to move our football forward is to take a very solid decision and stick to it squarely no matter what the roadside result brings and we would get there soon, I am not interested in nigeria qualifying for the second round cos they would just go there and play their fourth match and come back.we are not ready.I only pity enyeama cos his efforts and determination are just shattered by other pple in the team who don't have his kind of spirit.UP ENYEAMA,
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Marhoski(m): 3:26am On Jun 19, 2010
he is a miracle working God,
what about france, england, spain?
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Marhoski(m): 3:27am On Jun 19, 2010
guys nothin dey happen grin its just a game for entertainment, so support ur team. thanks.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by boombell: 4:13am On Jun 19, 2010
Pls can we for God sake kaita all the NFF executive out of glass house including high chief Onigbinde,who masterminded Amodu exit in 2002 and who is also member of panel that interview coach LAGER BEER.Consider money spent on Lager beer and his crew member,Amodu will not receive half and of that and worst result he will get is what we are getting now.9JA NO GET TEAM NOW.
The only thing now is to allow lager beer to continue his job against 2014,but they will never do that cos of egunje from another coach.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Ranoscky(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2010
^^ U talk well.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Casfan123: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
sorry for nigeria grin embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by collins123(m): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
There is no reason for us to deprive more serious teams of going ahead by qualifying for the next round. Lets just call it a day, sack Lagerback and take the next flight home.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by abrahym(m): 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Poster pls stop giving naija stupid hope
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by RESTAURANTMANAGER(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why are we dreaming, even if the s. koreans play drunk they will beat us
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by stanleymail03(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
You guys should wake up and face reality that this team will not qualify. Yes we can spirit is not for nigeria, yes not with the kind of players we have. Have u guys watched the ghanians, you will be amazed with the way they play. They play with passion and are prepared to die for their country. Not those bunch of useless below average players who think they are doing us a favour for playing for their country.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Ranoscky(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2010
we all are nigerians and we know the secrete logic to one another. we don know say if we put hope in super eagles and we show it out, dem (super eagles) no go do well (disapoint) but if we curse dem too much, na dat time dem go com play well (impress). so i no dey blame anybody wey dey insult super eagles b'cos i know say for the back of their mind, dem dey pray serious prayer for nigeria to win, so goodluck guys! wink
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Marhoski(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2010
^^ ;d ;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Norwich City Vs Liverpool 0 - 3 Extеndеd Hіghlіghts / Top 9 Most Handsome Footballers In The World / Is It Safe To Play Baba Ijebu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.