Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

My Visit To Ikeja City Mall - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Visit To Ikeja City Mall (1197 Views)

Video: Shoprite At Ikeja City Mall Currently On Fire At 4:53pm / A Visit To Ebonyi International Market Built By Governor Umahi / “Next Cash And Carry” To Open In Port Harcourt, Nigeria’s Biggest Mall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by IamAlexander: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
I decided to unwind by paying a visit to Ikeja City Mall since it's one of the best recreational centre in Lagos. On getting there, to my chagrin, I noticed the high number of shops closed down. I began to think what could be the reason for this mass exodus of merchants from this "mecca" of recreational centers in Lagos. Could it be rent, harsh forex situation in the country or mismanagement by the owners?

From my interview with some of the merchants still operating in the mall, they complained about the crazy rent being charged by the facility manager. That rent in the mall varies and depends on size which is killing business for them as the facility manager is insensitive to the harsh economic conditions and tenuous business climate in the country.

I think there is need for all stakeholders to play its part by making life bearable and business conducive for these merchants who are also contributing positively to the economy.

In the end, I had to visit the only cinema in the mall to see a movie by Tom Cruise--mission impossible: fallout.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by ZoeyJ(f): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
That's the country we live in.
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by SimplePlan34: 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
I think this just goes to show that Nigeria economy is hard. luxry goods are a thing of the past, and most ppl can mow source for these goods online themselves. also taking into consideration of Alixpress and 1688 ppl don't have money to buy expensive designers again.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by sammirano: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
There is always three sides to a story.
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by ojun50(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
sammirano:
There is always three sides to a story.
tell us one, then op will tell us d second Nd d final one will be said by some who has data
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by sholatech(m): 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
Na..the mall is always crowded especially on Sundays. As some shops are leaving, new one are replacing them.
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by chiommy123(f): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
but you don't expect them to charge the same thing with Ogbete main market
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by IamAlexander: 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
SimplePlan34:
I think this just goes to show that Nigeria economy is hard. luxry goods are a thing of the past, and most ppl can mow source for these goods online themselves. also taking into consideration of Alixpress and 1688 ppl don't have money to buy expensive designers again.

You are spot on. Businesses need to innovative and be adaptable to the wind of e-commerce change blowing else they lose out. Since it is hard this days to get real quality things from the mall or outside, I patronize the designers themselves online. In fact, at the end, I pay less in terms of purchase price and shipping compared to the cut-throat price I would have paid--that is if I manage to see where it's sold here in Nigeria.

Though to be fair to nigerian business men they are really trying. At times I just wonder how those who are still existing are doing it coz cost of doing business in this country is killing. They have tenuous infrastructures, epileptic power supply, forex squeeze et AL to contend with and yet still have to make some margin. No wonder chinko (ie China) products full everywhere.... grin
Re: My Visit To Ikeja City Mall by IamAlexander: 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
IamAlexander:

You are spot on. Businesses need to innovative and be adaptable to the wind of e-commerce change blowing else they lose out. Since it is hard this days to get real quality things from the mall or outside, I patronize the designers themselves online. In fact, at the end, I pay less in terms of purchase price and shipping compared to the cut-throat price I would have paid--that is if I manage to see where it's sold here in Nigeria.

Though to be fair to nigerian business men they are really trying. At times I just wonder how those who are still existing are doing it coz cost of doing business in this country is killing. They have tenuous infrastructures, epileptic power supply, forex squeeze et AL to contend with and yet still have to make some margin. No wonder chinko (ie China) products full everywhere.... grin

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In A Lucrative Business Within The Comfort Of Your Home? / Tender Care Protecting Balm / Etip Earning Times Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.