Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu (286 Views)

A Huge Python Killed In Port Harcourt Forest (Photos) / A Huge Python I Killed This Night / Press Statement: ODSG Over The Purported Expulsion Of Some Journalist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu by impact231(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
My purported expulsion from PDP is a huge joke–Kashamu

The lawmaker representing Ogun East Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Senator Buruji Kashamu has once again faulted his purported expulsion and three other leaders from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), describing it as "a huge joke".

Senator Kashamu, the State PDP Chairman, Engr. Adebayo Dayo; State Secretary, Alhaji Semiu Sodipo and a former member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Segun Seriki were purportedly expelled from the party last week.

He said the action was illegal and unconstitutional, going by the provisions of the party’s constitution, particularly Article 57 (6) which says "Any decision taken against a member who has not been informed of the charges against him or has not been given any opportunity of defending himself shall be null and void”.

Speaking during the Ogun PDP stakeholders meeting in Ijebu-Igbo on Sunday, the Ijebu-Igbo born politician said the purported expulsion would not stand.

"I find the purported expulsion not only laughable but illegal. The PDP constitution clearly stipulates the procedure for suspending members from the party.

"The National Working Committee (NWC) did not act in accordance with the constitution of the party.This, for me, clearly represents a new level of illegality and political brigandage by the anti-democratic forces that have hijacked our dear party for their own selfish motives,” Kashamu said.

He said everything was being done politically and legally to resolve the issue, adding that the procedure for disciplining erring party members was clearly spelt out in the PDP constitution and should be adhered to.

The lawmaker assured aspirants in the party in the State to carry on with their work, assuring them that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had complied with the court judgement that recognised Engr. Adebayo Dayo as the authentic Ogun PDP Chairman in a letter addressed to the national headquarters of the party on the 12th April, 2018.

Re: My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Smh!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu by duduade: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Your party members plus you are all a bunch of jokers
Re: My Purported Expulsion From PDP Is A Huge Joke-kashamu by yanabasee(m): 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
duduade:
Your party members plus you are all a bunch of jokers

And APC is a huge disaster!!

(1) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Reacts Over Plot To Impeach Gov Ortom / Sanitation Law Nullification: Edo Govt Complies, To Challenge Judgement / Crisis Rocks Anglican Church In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.