Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,705 members, 7,837,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Come African Teams Dont Have Indigenous Coaches? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Come African Teams Dont Have Indigenous Coaches? (592 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / What's Wrong With All The African Teams? / Germany 2006 World Cup Draw: Fate of African Teams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Come African Teams Dont Have Indigenous Coaches? by gadogado(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
Can somebody please explain to me why our African countries have no indigenous coaches. Look at Largerback's utter indifference in all the games we played, he didn't really care because win or lose, his money is in the bank! why not African/Nigerian coaches who have a stake in our performance, a nationalistic, patriotic and passionate stake if our players perform well.
I would prefer a mediocre Nigerian coach who is passionate to a foreign oyibo man who cares little.

Which brings me to the question; are Africans so daft that they cant produce their own coaches, whats with European coaches? pls explain this to me, can Africans not coach their own teams? help me understand
Re: How Come African Teams Dont Have Indigenous Coaches? by haronky7: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
I am as distraught as yourself.

Sometimes ago when I asked this same question on NL, some 'wise guys' concluded that the worst of these Oyinbo coaches are better than the best of our indigenous coaches

Call it inferiority complex or colonial mentality, but I probably will think it's the former

It is a slap on our face that no African country, particularly the Black ones, are so sure of their own to go to WC year in year out but will continue to feel thy are incapable of developing a coach they could believe in. Very sad!

(1) (Reply)

Does Kaita Deserve That Red Card? / Most Memorable World Cup Moments / Germany Vs Denmark (1-0) Friendly Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.