Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu (510 Views)

Tinubu Considers Abdu Aboki As ICPC Chairman - Premium Times / I Am Lucky To Be Alive — Grace Abdu, VOA Reporter Arrested By Army In Oyigbo / Dino Melaye Reveals Oshiomhole, Fayemi And Badaru Plans In Kogi Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by Wikinaija(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2018
– Senator Dino Melaye has revealed how he escaped from his abductors

– Melaye said he was hiding in a bush for 11 hours to escape from the kidnappers

– He also claimed that the abductors were sent to assasinate him

Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi west senatorial district, has revealed how he climbed a tree and hid in a bush for eleven hours to escape from his abductors.

Recall that NAIJ.com earlier reported that Melaye said he was abducted by unknown gunmen on Thursday, July 26, while on his way to Kogi state for his court case.

Melaye, who spoke to journalists on Sunday, July 29, said the attackers were assassins sent to murder him, the Punch reports.

READ ALSO: APC’s effort to keep Dogara from defecting is a sheer waste of time – Reps

He said: “When I realised that they wanted to burn my vehicle, I quickly opened the car and ran into the bush. I had to run for my life. It was the grace of God that made me to escape. When I got into the bush, I climbed a tree and stayed there.

“While on the tree, I saw two of the policemen coming to look for me, but they didn’t know I was on the tree. I was in the bush for 11 hours.

“My brother that was in one of the vehicles didn’t know what happened, so he had to raise the alarm that I was kidnapped. He went to the Gwagwalada police station and reported the matter.”

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

NAIJ.com earlier reported that Senator Dino Melaye has presented a picture of a handwritten statement his brother allegedly submitted to the police to inform the police of the senator’s alleged abduction which happened on Thursday, July 27.

Melaye shared the picture to debunk a claim by the police that the senator’s brother did not report his abduction.

http://wepublicisenaija.com/i-climbed-a-tree-and-stayed-there-for-hours-melaye-reveals-how-he-escaped-abduction
Re: I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by Sarkin: 7:55am On Jul 30, 2018
Greatest fellow Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari have put up the mandate to us to make Nigeria great again by declaring his intention for second term.
This man means we'll for Nigerians,
He entered office in 2015:
1. And since 2016,boko-haram became handicap to attack and other terrorist groups like ipob are now exterminated and their leader dead somewhere.
2. And now Looters are afraid of the name Nigeria.
3. And all is set for the payment of 5000 to all Nigerian youths.
4. And now bag of rice that was N22000 is N5000.
5. And now though dollar is high, it decreasing rate shows that in the next quarter of the year, 000.01 naira will be equal to 1 dollar and perhaps people have never been this rich in other regime compare to our great PMB regime.
6. Millions of employment everyday as those who were even sack are now getting more better jobs.
7. No strikes in our tertiary institutions again.
8. Great infrastructures now showing up every now and then both in the SS, SE, NE, NW, NC, SW... Just name it.
9. Improvement in public health care that even the president son and family are now attended to medically in Nigeria.
10. Nigeria is now written with integrity all over the world that if we can extend PMB tenure to 2023 and even add more years, a permanent seat in the UN is sure for us.
11. Industry are now working that we can now see self-driven cars on our highways.

Let support this man of change forever.
#ISaiBaba #ISaiChange
Written by an educated elite.
Re: I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2018
The video of how Dino climbed a tree with his belle would have been a comic relief.

It is not everyone who jumps to comment first on a post that makes sense.

If you know, you know.
Re: I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by coolcatty: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2018
Sarkin:
Greatest fellow Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari have put up the mandate to us to make Nigeria great again by declaring his intention for second term.
This man means we'll for Nigerians,
He entered office in 2015:
1. And since 2016,boko-haram became handicap to attack and other terrorist groups like ipob are now exterminated and their leader dead somewhere.
2. And now Looters are afraid of the name Nigeria.
3. And all is set for the payment of 5000 to all Nigerian youths.
4. And now bag of rice that was N22000 is N5000.
5. And now though dollar is high, it decreasing rate shows that in the next quarter of the year, 000.01 naira will be equal to 1 dollar and perhaps people have never been this rich in other regime compare to our great PMB regime.
6. Millions of employment everyday as those who were even sack are now getting more better jobs.
7. No strikes in our tertiary institutions again.
8. Great infrastructures now showing up every now and then both in the SS, SE, NE, NW, NC, SW... Just name it.
9. Improvement in public health care that even the president son and family are now attended to medically in Nigeria.
10. Nigeria is now written with integrity all over the world that if we can extend PMB tenure to 2023 and even add more years, a permanent seat in the UN is sure for us.
11. Industry are now working that we can now see self-driven cars on our highways.

Let support this man of change forever.
#ISaiBaba #ISaiChange
Written by an educated elite.

I laughed ....thanks for making me laugh bro/sis/whatever thing or animal that you are.
Re: I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by Sarkin: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2018
coolcatty:

I laughed ....thanks for making me laugh bro/sis/whatever thing or animal that you are.
go and meet your man/woman to make you laugh and moan.
Re: I Climbed A Tree And Stayed There For Hours – Melaye Reveals How He Escaped Abdu by Mynd44: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's ECOWAS Chairmanship To Further Fulani Agenda Across The Sub-region / See The Tweet By Benbruce In Reaction To A Tweet By Buhari’s Aide / BREAKING: SSS Lifts Siege On National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.