Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Warren Buffett‘s Investment Quotes For Wannabe Investors - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Warren Buffett‘s Investment Quotes For Wannabe Investors (302 Views)

How To Invest Like Warren Buffett / Billionaire Warren Buffet Warning Against Bitcoin And Crypto-currencies / Warren Buffett Says This One Investment 'supersedes All Others' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warren Buffett‘s Investment Quotes For Wannabe Investors by sholoz(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2018
As many successful investors will tell you, “diversification is the key”. A diversified investment portfolio reduces risk and enhances great wins. Having a well-diversified investment portfolio doesn’t necessarily have to do with buying more than one stock from a company; but it does entails branching out into other areas of investment for more viable returns.

Warren Buffett is obviously the most successful investor of all times. He is well known for his investment philosophy: “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1”. He built his wealth long-term to over $82 billion (July, 2018), according to Forbes Magazine, making him the third richest man in the world. Warren lives by his certain investments principles that he uses to invest and make other life decisions.

Take a look at these carefully selected inspiring quotes on investing from Warren Buffett.

1. “Never give up searching for the job that you’re passionate about. Try to find the job you’d have if you were independently rich. Forget about the pay. When you’re associating with the people that you love, doing what you love, it doesn’t get any better than that.”

2. “We don’t get paid for activity, just for being right. As to how long we will wait, we’ll wait indefinitely.”

3. “As Warren Buffet said in a speech, “He’s not looking at quarterly earnings projections, he’s not looking at next year’s earnings, he’s not thinking about what day of the week it is, he doesn’t care what investment research from any place says, he’s not interested in price momentum, volume or anything. He’s simply asking: What is the business worth?”

4. “Buy companies with strong histories of profitability and with a dominant business franchise.”

5. “Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can’t buy what is popular and do well.”

6. “Our approach is very much profiting from lack of change rather than from change. With Wrigley chewing gum, it’s the lack of change that appeals to me. I don’t think it is going to be hurt by the Internet. That’s the kind of business I like.”

7. “When asked how he became so successful in investing, Buffett answered: ‘we read hundreds and hundreds of annual reports every year.”

8. “When a management team with a reputation for brilliance joins a business with poor fundamental economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.”

9. “I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.”

10. “Only those who will be sellers of equities in the near future should be happy at seeing stocks rise. Prospective purchasers should much prefer sinking prices.”

11. “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they’re doing.”

12. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”

13. “You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right – that’s the only thing that makes you right. And if your facts and reasoning are right, you don’t have to worry about anybody else.”

14. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”

15. “The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.”

16. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”

17. “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.”

18. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”

19. “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.”

20. “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”

21. “You do things when the opportunities come along. I’ve had periods in my life when I’ve had a bundle of ideas come along, and I’ve had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I’ll do something. If not, I won’t do a damn thing.”

22. “I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.”

23. “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.”

24. “When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.”

25. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”

26. “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”

27. “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”

28. “Managers and investors alike must understand that accounting numbers are the beginning, not the end, of business valuation.”

29. “I would never spend a lot of time valuing declining businesses. The same amount of energy and intelligence brought to other businesses is just going to work out better.”

30. “A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”

https://www.youngleadersarena.com/small-business/quotes/warren-buffett-s-investment-quotes/

(1) (Reply)

Investing In A Company / Vulnerability Assessment And Penetration Testing(vapt) / Get Your Own Website Today With Low Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.