Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 (25169 Views)

Tecno Unveils Phantom V Fold, The Company’s First Foldable Smartphone / Activate MTN 1.5gb For ₦300 / Meet The World’s First Wear 3100 Smartwatch With 8GB ROM That Cost $1,095 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by TheRealGuy(m): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2018
For gadget lovers
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by hush15: 8:05am On Jul 31, 2018
TechZiga:
LG Signature Edition (2018) has been launched as a successor to the LG Signature Edition introduced last year. The new version, is a premium version the LG SIGNATURE series and the latest in the series. The smartphone comes designed with a zirconium ceramic back cover to prevent scratches.

The smartphone comes with a 6 inches QHD+ OLED display with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels. The device screen is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection with a 18:9 aspect ratio. LG Signature Edition (2018) features a 6GB RAM, 256GB internal storage with an expandable memory of 2TB. It runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset.

LG Signature Edition (2018) specifications

6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX
16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
8MP front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
Fingerprint sensor
Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound
Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm; Weight: 157g
4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging

Source: https://www.techchairman.com/2018/07/lg-signature-edition-2018-launched-with.html

As nice as their phones are, two reason why i would never buy an LG phone
1. You cant get their parts easily to fix the phone incase of repair or even their accessories. I got their G6 which cost 195k and when i needed a new charging cable, it was hell. I roamed all of Lagos just for charging cable and the worse part is i had to buy it off someone. Also the LG notes, that cost me 75k, screen broke and i went to theirservice center, i was told it will cost me 50k to fix the screen which i think is ridiculous and worse is i dont even think they themselves have parts for their phones cos they were saying they will have to request it. Why produce a phone and not have its part available and accessible, i dont understand!

2. Is that their phones have no 2nd hand value, even to LG itself. How do i mean you will ask? Okay, after getting the cable for the G6, and i know finding accessories for their phone was a problem, i thot maybe i swap in any of the phone shops that swap old phones for new, i went to slots and slots rejected it saying they dont swap LG and i was like am in big shit. Okay, i went to LG itself, more importantly where i got the phone and the phone that i bought 195k, they were now selling for 205k and i asked if they would swap, that i pick the new and pay the difference but they said even though they are open to swap, not G6 and i was like are you kidding me....

Implying they knew the ish with the phone yet they keep putting it available and frauding customers cos you will never know till after you paid.

LG, nice phone but never again men, no matter how enticing

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by MrSensor(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2018
princeade86:
my boss, d fone na trash for that kind of money.
do you live in cave where the money is scarce? Only 300 of this designed. my friend wakeup.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by shinzuraven: 8:07am On Jul 31, 2018
The snapdragon 845 is a beast in performance,it is 15 percent faster than the previous flagship 835,it is 17.19 % faster in download speeds.Alot of phone users only buy phones based on camera pixels and screen size and Ram neglecting the the chipset. smiley

1 Like

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Sluvist(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2018
32-bits 3,300 mAh what a failed mighty phone

1 Like

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by yankison(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2018
hush15:

1. You cant get their parts easily to fix the phone incase of repair or even their accessories. I got their G6 which cost 195k and when i needed a new charging cable, it was hell. I roamed all of Lagos just for charging cable and the worse part is i had to buy it off someone. Also the LG notes, that cost me 75k, screen broke and i went to theirservice center, i was told it will cost me 50k to fix the screen which i think is ridiculous and worse is i dont even think they themselves have parts for their phones cos they were saying they will have to request it. Why produce a phone and not have its part available and accessible, i dont understand!

2. Is that their phones have no 2nd hand value, even to LG itself. How do i mean you will ask? Okay, after getting the cable for the G6, and i know finding accessories for their phone was a problem, i thot maybe i swap in any of the phone shops that swap old phones for new, i went to slots and slots rejected it saying they dont swap LG and i was like am in big shit. Okay, i went to LG itself, more importantly where i got the phone and the phone that i bought 195k, they were now selling for 205k and i asked if they would swap, that i pick the new and pay the difference but they said even though they are open to swap, not G6 and i was like are you kidding me....

Implying they knew the ish with the phone yet they keep putting it available and frauding customers cos you will never know till after you paid.

You are correct , I can never buy an LG phone they are poo
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Cyriloha(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2018
funstufz:
Can you imagine

3,300 mAh Battery, haba...

This us original amh nit those ones wee infinix and tecno take de dicieve us
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by NwaliE01: 8:22am On Jul 31, 2018
Abeg I wan buy only the charger. forget about the phone at the moment. grin grin
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by naijakick1(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2018
**NAIJAKICK DATA ENTERPRISE*
buying of data got easier and cheaper..
Our package include
�#600 � 1Gb
�#1,150 �2Gb
�#1,750 �3Gb
� #2,300 �4Gb
�#2,900 � 5Gb
Data rollover with _90days validity_ �
_*To order*_
www.mydata.com.ng
Dial*461*2# to check
*Our system has the following features*
➡Different payment option which include; ATM,Bank transfer and buying with your phone number that's linked up with your account.
➡No extra charges.. Nothing like #62.5 or any amount deduction.. That's if you are paying for #600 your bank will only debit you for #600�
➡90days data validity �
➡Fully secured system.�
➡Full time support �
➡Our system is fast and reliable you receive your data just immediately you payup�
➡You don't need to spend extra money on call before buying sme data �all you need to do is
Click������ www.mydata.com.ng

*For support*
You can reach us @
�datasupport@naijakick.com
YouTube(how to buy) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyv2oAhIGDg
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Caring0(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2018
princeade86:

Guy shut up. Just say you don't have money to buy it. It is obvious you have never used an LG smartphone before. All there infiniti and techno users self. Poverty is a disease
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Lomprico2: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2018
funstufz:
Can you imagine

That is equivalent to your 6000 mAh tecno phones.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by eluquenson(m): 8:26am On Jul 31, 2018
This is a real camera phone grin
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by henrixx(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2018
funstufz:
Can you imagine

too much of tecno and infinix.

Phone uses a very fast processor and very quick charge. So no probs.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by ollah2: 8:31am On Jul 31, 2018
hush15:

Market determines the faith of these products. LG isn't liked in Nigeria so if you buy one, it's at your own peril. Slot doesn't have LG stand again same goes for some outlets, G6 was a mistake of a phone hence their outright rejection.

If you want to spend a fortune buying phones in Nigeria, Samsung and IPhones is the way
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by udemzyudex(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2018
TheRealGuy:
i'm on my way to computer village ikeja to buy mine

Ya wasting your time, believe no computer village marketer will want to sell this phone, not just because of the price but because of the kind of consumers we have here.

They prefer to buy iPhone x than buying this.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by olisaEze(m): 8:39am On Jul 31, 2018
GogetterMD:
Only the Bang and Olufsen audio system on the phone go don kolet like $500

whr u see b&o audio for d write-up?
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by obidevine(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2018
GogetterMD:
Only the Bang and Olufsen audio system on the phone go don kolet like $500

You Sabi abeg
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Barthley: 8:47am On Jul 31, 2018
$1790 embarassed lipsrsealed Samsung S9+ all the way
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by maasoap(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2018
Lomprico2:

That is equivalent to your 6000 mAh tecno phones.

That's a lie we tell ourselves. If you have seen the drops on Samsung phones with 3000mah batteries, you would understand better.
I have seen tecno L8 being pressed and I can tell you that its 5000mah battery is what they said it is. 3000mah battery will always be 3000mah battery.

1 Like

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by DABREEZYTOS(f): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2018
a beast??with just 3,300mAh batteryissoryt.....
Gilbertase:
now that's a beast

meanwhile, detecting your car faults is now as simple as ABC https://www.nairaland.com/4522164/accurately-detect-car-faults-obd

call or WhatsApp 08184733016
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by valgbo(m): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2018
ehinmowo:

Bros can u explain? I dnt much abt these gadget terminologies.
ok MaH is just that amount of power a phone packs, but it doesn't always determine the phone's battery life, phone like infinix and his brothers tecno and itel use mediatek processor which is battery hungry, that is y they have to put a bigger battery in their phones, other thing is the screen, some screens more power hungry too, by the way.....flagship devices have to make their phones look attractive, and that equals the phones being as flat as possible.Not like your typical infinix phones that look like power bank because of the battery and co..... what I'm saying is that everything goes down to the phone's battery management....thank you

2 Likes

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by uniquetechng: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2018
princeade86:
I can tell you that the phone is cheap if that is the actual price, the specs of this phone is top premium and beat everything Samsung and IPhone have in the market right now.
I think LG so so underrated in this part of the world, they deserve some accolades.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 31, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
a beast??with just 3,300mAh batteryissoryt.....
haba! the battery is just one feature out of the many listed there na. A lycan hypersport isn't any less a beast simply because the battery it uses isnt much diff from other car batteries.

and someone has already explained, the battery in this case will be more efficiently run due to the specs,

1 Like

Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by hush15: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2018
ollah2:

Market determines the faith of these products. LG isn't liked in Nigeria so if you buy one, it's at your own peril. Slot doesn't have LG stand again same goes for some outlets, G6 was a mistake of a phone hence their outright rejection.

If you want to spend a fortune buying phones in Nigeria, Samsung and IPhones is the way

You are right o. Learnt my lesson and like i said, never again..
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by uniquetechng: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Sluvist:
32-bits
3,300 mAh
what a failed mighty phone
Ask questions when you have limited knowledge of topic of discussion, even a 2,200mah is more than enough for the chipset. SD 845 is lightening fast, not what you have ever experienced.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by uniquetechng: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2018
Barthley:
$1790 embarassed lipsrsealed
Samsung S9+ all the way
S9? no bro this phone is in a different league entirely.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by bejeria101(m): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2018
hardeycute:
Did you check the processor that was used and the fast charging technology??

Pls tell them! Its nt a tecno or infinix.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by ameh99: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2018
funstufz:
Can you imagine

Where you expecting a 100ah battery ..

Sizes of battery mostly doesn't matter,

Rate of battery consumption depends mostly on the hardware of that device.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Lomprico2: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2018
maasoap:

That's a lie we tell ourselves. If you have seen the drops on Samsung phones with 3000mah batteries, you would understand better.
I have seen tecno L8 being pressed and I can tell you that its 5000mah battery is what they said it is. 3000mah battery will always be 3000mah battery.

Shey na samsung u call am. Samsungs are known for their bad batteries.
Compare that your L8 with nokia 6 or 8. And see wat am saying.
When I got my BlackBerry z30 4 yrs ago, I charge it once in about 36hrs. Its capacity is 2880 mAh!
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by Michaellegend(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2018
hush15:

chai bro.... You are on point. I will never use LG phone again. Once it's faulty, just go get a new phone.
Re: This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 by spiritedtete: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2018
This is note 8 features na. and not even up to... Some company set... Very depressing announcement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! / Let's Show Off Our Phone Launchers, Themes & Cool Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.