Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest (435 Views)

Arrogant Wike Thinks PDP Can't Win Osun Without Him / Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. / PDP: Why We Must Win Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest by Nowujeda(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
On his Facebook page, Rev. Fr. David Olaniyi bluntly expressed that Osun Guber Election is up for sale.

In his words, Fr Olaniyi said "the one with the highest spending power (Most money) between Omisore(SDP), Adeleke(PDP) and Oyetola(APC) will win the gubernatorial election coming up in Osun State. Don't waste your time and energy in trying to prove me wrong; I'm as sure of this as I'm sure of tomorrow being 31.07.2018. Another thing that I'm sure of is that after the election, the winner will gloat and declare victory for democracy and the people while the losers will moan and complain of being cheated. You won't argue with me on this if you have followed the elections in Ondo, Edo, Anambra and Ekiti. Some things don't change. Do they?"

Looking at my opening statement, some of people might want to ask: "What about campagns, ideas and strategies." The truth however is that the only idea and strategy there is in Nigerian elections of today is how to make your spending (Vote buying) count. Every other thing is just for show. Talking about shows. We were treated to a beautiful show in Ekiti state-From broken neck and "am in pain" saga to democracy has finally won (not minding how the victory was procured). Forgive my diversion. I love shows. Don't we all? What happened in Ekiti in 2014 repeated itself in 2018 except that roles were changed between PDP and APC. Nigerian political parties lack ideological differences. They do the same thing and lie to us about how different they are. Our politicians have figured us out. They are very "smart". What I don't understand is why many of us take them for fools. My article "Blame yourself and not the Politicians" in 2017 got a good review. Those who reacted to it thought it was a good article just that many disagreed with me on the point that "we should not take money and gifts from politicians to vote for them." They reacted by saying: "take the money and not vote for them." What happened in Ekiti has shown the buffoonery in that.Our politicians are not daft. They won't allow you take their money and not vote them. I remeber saying then that "another rounds of elections are coming, begining with Anambra and later Ekiti before moving to Osun. Same lies will be told, same strategy(money strategy) used, same manifestoes rolled out, same gifts shared and same people falling for the tricks again." Anambra and Ekiti proved me right and am sure, Osun will not prove me wrong.

There is no where in the world where people eat their cake and have it. Let's stop trying to do the impossible in Nigeria- trying to eat our cake and have it by selling our votes and expecting good governance after election. Sorry, it doesn't happen that way. If we take money to vote for politicians, invite them to our Churches and celebrations to donate big money and expect them to come to town giving everybody money, then forget about good governance.

In Nigeria of today, it takes billions of naira to win elections because of vote buying and selling. Elections have become huge investments for poloticians. When you invest in a business, you expect to make profits. Isn't it? Our politicians are not to be solely blamed for bad governance. It is not entirely their fault that they steal public money to settle their godfathers and run governance like private businesses. I repeat, we cannot claim to be innocent of the corruption and stealing going on in high places in Nigeria when we always run after politicians for money and undeserved favours. We have no right to complain about the state of governance in Nigeria when we always take money to vote. We sell our inheritance every four years by taking #4,000 and #5,000 to vote. Vote buying and vote selling is bad. It's destroying our country. Don't forget too that it's a crime.

@lalasticlala

Re: Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest by CyynthiaKiss(f): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
What happens " to collect the money and still vote for your choice "?

Its obvious that Nigerian politicians are really taking advantage of poverty level in Nigeria, that's why they are deliberately punishing the masses by not giving them the basic amenities they need,.
The reason they do such is to easily control them during electioneering period because people can easily be controlled with money no matter how little its.

Nigerians are in big trouble.
No future...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest by Tolexander: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
We have known this before now. Not really a new thing anyway.
Re: Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
e yaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Highest Bidder Will Win Osun Election - Catholic Priest by Vornic: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
It has become normal in Naija politics

(1) (Reply)

It’s Insentivity Kwankwaso Buzz Off To Pdp / Many Bloodied In Adamawa As Police Disrupt Can’s Anti-herdsmen Protest Today / Car With Only 3 Tyres In Lagos(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.