Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? (2860 Views)

How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack / Steering Rack Wahala / Power Steering Rack For Toyota Camry 2.4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
what do you think is wrong with this rack? grin grin

Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by mayor2013: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
Tie rod end and socket boots on both sides have been kazeemized. Joints could have perhaps been made permanent by welding it down to the power steering rack
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by timifakay(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
Those boots are pregnant.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
timifakay:
Those boots are pregnant.

if a steering rack gives birth to an alternator, who is responsible? grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by HyundaiMechco: 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
The steering rack is linking oil
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
HyundaiMechco:
The steering rack is leaking oil

We have a winner!!!

It's that simple.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by sultaan(m): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
It that a toilet float or over filled boot because I can't even see the clamp on the boot.

Maybe power steering fluid leaked into the boot and filled it up under pressure
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
sultaan:
It that a toilet float or over filled boot because I can't even see the clamp on the boot.

Maybe power steering fluid leaked into the boot and filled it up under pressure

excellent observation by an astute autoist.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by timifakay(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

if a steering rack gives birth to an alternator, who is responsible? grin

Mokalik
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Jomandi13(m): 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mr Gazzuz,it is a pleasure communicating with you through this forum.My uncle has a Benz E350 Coupe 2013 model that has issue with car performance after changing the steering rack,there is always oil shortage and I recently observed leakage underneath the vehicle,I don’t know if that is the effect.Moreover,my uncle mechanic recently changed the fuel filter when the vehicle started this strutting sound whenever I start the vehicle as if it has spark plug issue.However,whenever I start the vehicle ,it goes off immediately unless I rev the car immediately for it not to go off instantly until after two to three minutes before the vehicle engine become nomalised in its idle state.Finally,whenever I tried to move the vehicle,it will behave in a way that make the vehicle have a force making not to move when applying little accerelation before picking up the momentum and also I will like to show what it displayed whenever I turn on the ignition.Thanks for your anticipated response.

Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jomandi13:
Mr Gazzuz,it is a pleasure communicating with you through this forum.My uncle has a Benz E350 Coupe 2013 model that has issue with car performance after changing the steering rack,there is always oil shortage and I recently observed leakage underneath the vehicle,I don’t know if that is the effect.Moreover,my uncle mechanic recently changed the fuel filter when the vehicle started this strutting sound whenever I start the vehicle as if it has spark plug issue.However,whenever I start the vehicle ,it goes off immediately unless I rev the car immediately for it not to go off instantly until after two to three minutes before the vehicle engine become nomalised in its idle state.Finally,whenever I tried to move the vehicle,it will behave in a way that make the vehicle have a force making not to move when applying little accerelation before picking up the momentum and also I will like to show what it displayed whenever I turn on the ignition.Thanks for your anticipated response.

Unna get mind o! Allowing kazeem to play with what Nwanneni will do thanksgiving for.

have the poor car scanned and Use a standard modern workshop for your repairs.

I would have suggested a couple of things that could be wrong, but I don't want you growing parts at the problem.
]
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by mayor2013: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jomandi13:

If there is an internal filter installed and the mecho bought something different. That would oppose flow of fuel down to the rail. On a second sounds more like a fuel related issue. Would advice you run a scan first before carrying out any repair
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Piyke: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jomandi13:

Is this dash from the 2013 Benz? Pleasantly surprised because all Mercedes that I have seen feature the classic yellow dials and this dash is a bit bland for a 2013 coupe Benz. If I am wrong, I don learn one thing today smiley
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
Piyke:

Is this dash from the 2013 Benz? Pleasantly surprised because all Mercedes that I have seen feature the classic yellow dials and this dash is a bit bland for a 2013 coupe Benz. If I am wrong, I don learn one thing today smiley
Yep.

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jomandi13:
Where is your location? . If you are in lagos take it to benz clinic 278 babs animashaun or call +234 803 308 5031
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Jomandi13(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
[/color]
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#000099]Unna get mind o! Allowing kazeem to play with what Nwanneni will do thanksgiving for.

have the poor car scanned and Use a standard modern workshop for your repairs.

I would have suggested a couple of things that could be wrong, but I don't want you growing parts at the problem.]
Ok thanks.However,your recommended workshop will be highly appreciated.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Jomandi13(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Piyke:

I couldn’t get the dashboard picture from my phone,I might have accidentally delete it.

Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Jomandi13(m): 3:09am On Aug 28, 2018
mayor2013:

If there is an internal filter installed and the mecho bought something different. That would oppose flow of fuel down to the rail. On a second sounds more like a fuel related issue. Would advice you run a scan first before carrying out any repair
Ok,thanks for the advice.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Piyke: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yep.

Wow. Thanks. Full view looks much better. We learn everyday! My first mecerdes without yellow dials.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by ivoryhouse(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
Jomandi13:
If you're on the island, take it to CARQUEST, first exit on your left, after the 2nd toll gate (aka chevron toll gate)

1 Like

Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by 2cicily: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
what do you think is wrong with this rack? grin grin

So how will this be fixed cos i have same issue with my Peugeot 307. Can the leak be fixed or changed completely?
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
2cicily:

So how will this be fixed cos i have same issue with my Peugeot 307. Can the leak be fixed or changed completely?

you have 2 options 6-12days plus special equipment New parts, or 1day Used parts.

it's a peugeot, I don't fix peugeot, neither does my aunty.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by weyreypey: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you have 2 options 6-12days plus special equipment New parts, or 1day Used parts.

it's a peugeot, I don't fix peugeot, neither does my aunty.
Gazzuzz you fix Peugeot.
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
weyreypey:

Gazzuzz you fix Peugeot.

Wahala. grin grin grin
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by Jomandi13(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
ivoryhouse:

If you're on the island, take it to CARQUEST, first exit on your left, after the 2nd toll gate (aka chevron toll gate)
Thanks and I reside in Ajah
Re: Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? by ican2020: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
HyundaiMechco:
The steering rack is linking oil
Can it be repair

(1) (Reply)

Can A 16"rim Of Tyrel Be Used On 15"rim Of Wheel? / BMW E60 And E90 Owners/enthusiasts' Forum / Need Help To Unlock My Stereo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.