Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others (495 Views)

Obasanjo Donates 85 Tricycles To Mark 85th Birthday (pics) / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday: Obasanjo Arrived In A Gold Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Ebullience(m): 6:25am On Jul 31, 2018
A former minister of works, Tony Anenih, has said he will not be celebrating his 85th birthday with pomp as a result of the poor state of affairs of the nation.

Mr Anenih, a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, said in a statement on Monday that he was putting off the celebration initially scheduled to hold on August 4.

“There is no doubt that attaining a milestone of 85 years on earth is a privilege enjoyed by a few; and, it is, therefore, an occasion worth celebrating with loved ones and friends,” Mr Anenih said.

“On reflections, however, whilst I remain grateful to God for His unfailing love and sustenance that have kept me all through the years, I am, sadly, unable to fulfill this earnest desire to celebrate the milestone because of the unfortunate recent losses that befell my family in quick succession, the condition of my health and the sad state of the nation that has witnessed so much losses, bloodshed and apprehension.

“Nonetheless, I sincerely appreciate the effort being made by government and some influential Nigerians to restore peace.

“I believe that with prayers and faith in God, there is hope for restoration of peace and good neighbourliness in Nigeria soon and in the years ahead

Mr Anenih urged all well-meaning Nigerians both at home and in the Diaspora to be united in purpose and join in prayers for God’s intervention in the affairs of our nation.

“Indeed, members of my immediate family have decided to respect my decision and they have already cancelled initial arrangements to celebrate my 85th birthday with pomp,” said Mr Anenih, who is also titled as the Iyasele of Esanland.

“While I pray to the Almighty God to perfect my health and give me the grace to witness many more years on earth, I believe that the future holds a great promise of wonderful times to get together for birthday celebrations and other festivities.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/278333-anenih-cancels-85th-birthday-celebration-over-sad-state-of-nigeria-others.html

Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by campuscatch: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2018
He'd better not celebrate it! Mtchew...

1 Like

Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by okosodo: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2018
Buhari is a bastard for not putting this man ij jail. Yet he says he is fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Donald95(m): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2018
okay
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by OneStep3: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2018
They had opportunity but wasted it same way this present Administration is wasting his.
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by ITbomb(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2018
Thank God you celebrated 80 years old under PDP
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by rusher14: 7:05am On Jul 31, 2018
If you no get money hide your face.
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Morbeta11(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2018
Shameless man.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Crocky23: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2018
Iyase of Uromi, baba long may you live
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Crocky23: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2018
[s][quote author=okosodo post=69849085]Buhari is a bastard for not putting this man ij jail. Yet he says he is fighting corruption[/quote[/s]]

What's his crime?
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by betterford: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2018
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FATHER AND MENTOR...LIVE LONG WITH GOOD HEALTH
Re: Anenih Cancels 85th Birthday Celebration Over Sad State Of Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2018
Just imagine this old thief still bleating like a goat.

How can PMB be fighting corruption and this goat has not been given the Dasuki treatment?

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Rather Quit Politics Than Return To PDP -- Orji Uzor Kalu / Just In: Hafeez Abubakar, Kano Deputy Governor, Leaves Apc For Pdp / Call For Saraki’s Resignation Is A Joke, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.