Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. (13951 Views)

WOW! Iphone 12 Pro Coming With 64-megapixel Camera, 4,440mah Battery / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Released With 4,000mah Battery, 48-megapixel Camera / TECNO Camon X Pro Camera Vs Phantom 8 Camera - Are More Megapixel Always Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by omohayek: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2018
This "news" is nothing to get excited about. More megapixels only impress the ignorant, as what really matters is the size of the sensor itself, as well as the quality of the lenses in front of it. A more than 10-year old full-frame camera like a Nikon D700, which has only 12 megapixels, will still wipe the floor with any smartphone camera, no matter how many pixels it has.

1 Like

Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by BruncleZuma: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2018
Stallion93:
Sony too bad, but Not surprised they'll end up selling this to IPhones and Samsung while their own Sony phones will feature less quality camera sensors. Perhaps it's business but I don't completely understand that strategy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.slashgear.com/xperia-xz3-to-debut-end-of-august-with-48mp-camera-30539460/amp/

1 Like

Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by FitnesScientist: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2018
undecided
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by durubennie(m): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2018
tecno and infinix will now bring out their own counterfeit.... tecno camon xi front camera 16mp back camera dual 48mp ... dnt worry continue grin

1 Like

Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2018
PigBenis:
Sony has the best camera ever

They make good camera sensors no doubt, but their phones are not even in the top 10 camera phones. It's one thing to make the sensor, it's another to implement it into their phones.

1 Like

Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2018
omohayek:
This "news" is nothing to get excited about. More megapixels only impress the ignorant, as what really matters is the size of the sensor itself, as well as the quality of the lenses in front of it. A more than 10-year old full-frame camera like a Nikon D700, which has only 12 megapixels, will still wipe the floor with any smartphone camera, no matter how many pixels it has.

Of course u cannot compare the camera found on a smartphone to the ones on DSLR cameras na. Does a smartphone have the same size as a full fledged camera? The lenses used on smartphones are small in other to maintain the slim form factor of the phones. On dedicated cameras the lens are big and u have optical zoom instead of digital zoom found on smartphones. Just take a look at Nokia 808 pureview with it's 41mp camera. Now that is more of a camera than a phone, it stands in an awkward segment because it still can't beat a dedicated camera and can't compete with the modern smartphones either due to it's size. Smartphone cameras are meant for point and shoot, if u want great pictures get a dedicated camera.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Stallion93(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2018
BruncleZuma:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.slashgear.com/xperia-xz3-to-debut-end-of-august-with-48mp-camera-30539460/amp/
hmm cool, but the Z3 is ugly frankly speaking. Hopefully they pay attention to their design language in the nearest future
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Oluwatosin678(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
this camera can x-ray your spirit and and soul to see spiritual problem in ur body....

Ask your Edo frnds...they know beta.

Abeg no quote me,i no like wahala
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Arewa12: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
DrXavierCage:

What's the aperture of your Sony Xperia?

Xperia Z3+ 20.7MP Exmor RS sensor sporting rear camera with a sensor size of 1/2.3-inch and an aperture of f/2.0.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Boriqua(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
sarhleey:
Correct.... Infinix and Techno....oya cee assignment

These two are equal to the task, just watch-out in the next couple of months.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Boriqua(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
sarhleey:
Correct.... Infinix and Techno....oya cee assignment

These two are equal to the task, just watch-out in the next couple of months.
Meanwhile, i am in dear need of a functioning techno tablet panel to buy to replace the bad one. Please let me call you if you have it.

Check my profile for contact.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by ddjay: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

oga just get ready with your "weapon of mass destruction" because wan tekno or infinix user will come and say camon or hot s camera is better... when the start dia rants, just open fire
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by TechCapon(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
ddjay:

oga just get ready with your "weapon of mass destruction" because wan tekno or infinix user will come and say camon or hot s camera is better... when the start dia rants, just open fire
grin very funny
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by TheHottestGuy: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
Stevengold:

In hyrachy of cameras, iPhone still leads. IPhone Wey I dey use do photo shoot. cheesy
Exactly. The iPhone camera is just on another level compared to all others even though it could be the same Megapixel. Tech guys can explain why that is.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by DrXavierCage(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Arewa12:

Xperia Z3+ 20.7MP Exmor RS sensor sporting rear camera with a sensor size of 1/2.3-inch and an aperture of f/2.0.

Then, the iPhone camera is better, iPhone 7, 8 and X have an aperture of f/1.8
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by okwabayi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hmm. Second place. Nokia did the forty three mega pixel phone camera first. This is higher but people will always reference Nokia first.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by newjosboy: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
Offpoint:
I'm not impress until it got same megapixel with human eyes... I really not impress.

Abeg, educate me. What is the megapixel of the human eye?
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Offpoint: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
newjosboy:

Abeg, educate me. What is the megapixel of the human eye?
576mp
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by okwabayi(m): 1:17am On Aug 01, 2018
Forty eight mega pixel, right? E go dey like film trick when Apple release fifteen mega pixel camera in their next iPhone wey go look two to three times more sharp and detailed.
Phone technology doesn't excite me anymore, after the eight mega pixel camera there was nothing else to do again. They are true mini computers as it is.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by newjosboy: 2:17am On Aug 01, 2018
Offpoint:

576mp

Wat za fvck?!!! Oluwa is wonderful.
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Offpoint: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2018
newjosboy:

And the resolution is 120 millions...
Re: SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. by Offpoint: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2018
newjosboy:

And the resolution is 120 millions...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check Due Date Of Your Dstv Package On Your Mobile Phone / Free Airtime & Data With MTN / Can I Subscribe To Mtn Night Browsing With An Active Subscription??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.