Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid (204 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Why You Shouldn't Rejoice When A Wicked Man Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid by OnwuchekwaOkpo(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
2 Chronicle 31:21, 32:1-2,6-23
Have you ever been threatened? Threat do come from one that thought him/herself to be more powerful or influential than you do. Hezekiah the king of Judah, was threatened by Sennacherib the king of Assyria. Among what gave the king of Assyria the courage to threaten Hezekiah was that he and his father, has conquered many nations including their kings and led them into captivity, which now brought not only pride but also the thought of being more powerful than every other kings and nation, inclusive of Hezekiah. But there's a unique report about king Hezekiah, it was recorded in the last two verses of 2 Chronicle chapter 31 and in the first verse of Chapter 32 of the same 2 Chronicle, the word of God has it that Hezekiah was Right and Faithful before God. For it was because of the unfaithfulness of those nations that Sennacherib the king of Assyria and his fathers conquered, that made God allow their captivity 2Chronicle 29:6-9. But Hezekiah's case was some thing different altogether, for he was faithful before God and also in right tune with Him. But the king of Assyria made big mistake by equating king Hezekiah and His true God, with the unfaithful/ungodly kings and lands he the king of Assyria and his father conquered. And that is the same mistake those oppressing, attacking and dreaming of your downfall/mischief is making concerning you and thy future. For the Lord has assured in Isaiah 54:17 saying: "But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the lord, have spoken"! Maybe little do they know that they were able to conquer the nations and the kings they did because those nations and their rulers didn't ensure their life and affairs in the hands of the only true living God. Rather they trusted man made idol, which have no power to save or to deliver,- Isaiah 44:9-10.

But oh faithful believer, your own case is different for you are on the Lords side as did Hezekiah and those he were leading. When he was threatened, he didn't allow his confidence and trust in the Lord to be overwhelmed by fright. Rather he remained courageous and also encouraged his people, having known that with God on his side, victory is certainly theirs. You can attest as ascertained in the word of God, that Sennacherib the Assyrians king withdrew from attacking Judah and returned in disgrace to his own land, for God sent an angel on behalf of Hezekiah and his people who put to dust the pride of the Assyrians king, by annihilating his fighting men, their leaders and all the officers in his camp and when he entered the temple of his god, some of his own son killed him there with a sword So beloved of God, never allow direct or indirect threats of the enemy/wicked men to weaken your spirit, rather let it quicken and actuate you to seek God the more; relying confidently on His might power to save as did Hezekiah and the people of Judah and Jerusalem. For His word says, "But now, O Jacob, listen to the lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine". "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you", Isaiah 43:1-2 So therefore, don't be afraid Oh faithful believer. In case you are out there and you need this kind of security and assurance, I will like you to know that it can only be obtained from God, by allowing Him to lord your life. For the word of God says in John 10:10, "The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life". Just accept Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour, and your life will never remain the same. .

(1) (Reply)

The Two Roads In Life / Worries Has Negative Effects. / Catholic Bishops Of Nigeria, To The Priests And Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.