|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,420,313 members, 5,428,207 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 09:06 PM
|Free Ebook On How To Survive On A 20k Budget In Lagos And Still Save by dramaticspeak(m): 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2018|
Hey all, I saw this material and thought to share.
How to live on a 20k budget in Lagos and save effectively
Please note the title. How to “live”. What this means is that you probably have a source of income. Either a job or a business. Whether small or big. You probably have where you lay your head daily. Either your own house, a rented apartment, squatting with someone, inside an uncompleted building, a face me I face you, under the bridge, inside a bus wherever. You have clothes to wear and footwear to put on. You make a minimum of 20k monthly. It could be far more than that. Lagos is for hustlers, man must survive anyhow.
Now let’s learn.
There are 31 days in a month. That is 645 naira per day. Already the balance of 5naira you save it. The months that have 30 days you already have 10 naira to save.
Inside your daily 645naira you must enter transport, eat, help somebody either your family or a beggar somewhere or a friend, buy recharge card. All these things I mentioned are what we have turned to “must” for us daily.
For those living on the mainland and hustling on the island
You know this cannot work for you so don’t deceive yourself. From your house to obalende/Cms is already 300 naira. Half of the daily 645 naira has gone. And you have not eaten. Unless you want to carry foodflask from your house where you have put your gari with sugar and groundnut.
Then you trek from obalende to wherever your hustling place is. After hustling you trek back to obalende and spend another 300 naira to your house. The balance of 45 naira you will use it to buy 20 naira biscuit and 10 naira “pure water”. Save 15 naira. That means that day no phone call.
Make sure you don’t borrow airtime. You can stroll to greet a friend or neighbor. Hopefully they will offer you something.
For those living on the island and hustling on the mainland
You too you know you should not deceive yourself too. Refer to the above.
This theory will only work for you if you live on the island and hustle on the island or if you live on the mainland and hustle on the mainland.
Before I proceed there are some things I should not expect from you with this budget……..
1. I don’t expect you to take uber or taxify
2. I don’t expect you to borrow airtime from your service provider(MTN, GLO, Airtel etc)
3. I don’t expect you to use your data when you have access to office wifi
4. I don’t expect you to use okada or bus to places you can trek to
5. I don’t expect you to make long calls
6. I don’t expect you to invite friends to your place or entertain visitors
7. I don’t expect you to save every single day or help someone every single day as you will used that money to buy yourself washing soap, bathing soap, tooth paste
8. I don’t expect you to brush and bath twice daily
9. I don’t expect you to cook as you cannot afford gas or kerosene. Eat indomie and egg at mallams place or buy akara, fried yam or fried plantain at iya bose’s place.
10. I don’t expect you to leave home late or close your hustle late as transport fares are cheaper very early.
11. I don’t expect you to keep boyfriend/girlfriend. Your lifestyle must be low-key
12. I don’t expect you to eat more than once daily
13. I don’t expect you to go out on Saturday and Sunday
Feeding-₦150.00k preferably bread and akara or swallow. Soup is free and water.
Recharge Card-₦100.00k Any network
At the end of the month you would have saved-₦2945+₦5 or ₦10(depending on the 30 or 31 day factor) +800 (Saturday and Sunday you are not going anywhere)=₦3750.00k
If you save that for 12months=₦45,000.00k
I pray that in the name that is above every other name poverty will not know your address and you will never live on this kind of budget. I hope I entertained you……….
|Re: Free Ebook On How To Survive On A 20k Budget In Lagos And Still Save by phemsie(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2018|
in actual fact, as i'm earning 5 times that amount, i can actually use that logic, just to multiply everything by 5
|Re: Free Ebook On How To Survive On A 20k Budget In Lagos And Still Save by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2018|
Seems like a joke to you, over 87 million Nigerians are living on less than this. Be careful what you wish for
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118