Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,359 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig (21698 Views)

Naira Exchanges ₦400 To A Dollar. How True? / Money Supply Jumps To N49 Trillion / Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Dollabiz: 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Neutrality:
Try appreciate someone's efforts 4 a while

I think you should rather read his outburst slowly, so that you can get an idea of the pain and frustration he experienced in a foreign land. undecided

Well, thanks be to God for the news.
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by capitalzero: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Truidstar:

Sorry, your naira is not a convertible currency and not a major currency, the CBN will settle the Chinese in dollar equivalent, does not make any difference.

Thank you. at that rate $1=¥6.8
49 x6.8=#333 I.e $1=#333
negligible difference
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by kennyblac(m): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
angelbulksms:

I think you should rather read his outburst slowly, so that you can get an idea of the pain and frustration he experienced in a foreign land. undecided

Well, thanks be to God for the news.
I see many foolish people rejoicing over nothing on this thread! Call me wailer or any other thing you wish. I use yuan directly and I know how it bites!

Immediately Buhari took over power, my parents couldn't pay my school fees anymore. Same with thousands on self-sponsored students here in China. Feeding and living allowance became war! The consolation is that "we had to suffer first and gain later". Is this eventually what it is

I'm really sad at this developement after two long years of waiting for Buhari's miracle.

You met yuan at 33 per naira. You pushed it up to 57, 58, at some point it was 60RMB per naira! Now we are supposed to be singing and clapping and jumping at 49 and 50naira? Is that madness

Please kindly take naira back to where you met me and don't tell me any oil prices nonsense!

You are just an ingrate.. Why not appreciate this achievement instead of personal hatred for PMB

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by introvertme: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
frugal:
Before it gets to this, dollars would have fallen drastically.
God forbid
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by DBestDoc(f): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
You people are funny oo. Did CBN sell to the end users or to the banks?
If they sold to the banks, then the whole thing is bullcrap 'cause the banks will sell at their own rates which may be close to what you get at the black market.

I remember the first time I went to China in 2012, the exchange rate was 24 naira to 1 yuan. The last time I was there, it skyrocketed to almost 60 naira per Yuan.

Nigeria will ever remain a funny country to me

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
We are expecting to see Alipay transfer working over here soon, Buy and sell Bitcoin,Paypal,Skrill ,Netteller and US bank deposit.

Contact my siggy
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
kennyblac:

You are just an ingrate.. Why not appreciate this achievement instead of personal hatred for PMB

"Hatred for PMB"? How?

Anyway, PMB is not my focus per se. Moreover, I've applauded him at different times when such was truly deserved.

The anguish flyca claimed to have experienced in far-away China as a student (helpless) that made him lament in such a manner upon hearing supposed "good news" is what got my attention.

So, while it might be good news to you, it is evident that an exchange rate lesser than 33 Naira per Yuan is what will make sense and also comfort flyca. undecided

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by ofuonyebi: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
ihave said it often...i don't know why Nigeria has been tied the US dollar apron for decades?

only a lion heart president...like Buhari can "CHANGE" ,,,the tide like we have seen now....more of this please..

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by ofuonyebi: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
i have said it often...i don't know why Nigeria has been tied the US dollar apron for decades?

only a lion heart president...like Buhari can "CHANGE" ,,,the tide like we have seen now....more of this please..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by gr8tone: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
BigSarah:
Will Clothing Industries and Shipping Companies Accept to be paid in Yuan in Place Of Dollars?

Meanwhile check my signature wink
Nice question. I believe that Chinese shipping companies will accept it but other countries may not. Though most of the things we consume come from China especially electronics

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by fortune1968: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
Jay5mie:
Make Dollar never fall o make we upcoming yahoo boys chop first embarassed
Your mind is taking you to prison .You better change positively .

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
gr8tone:
Nice question. I believe that Chinese shipping companies will accept it but other countries may not. Though most of the things we consume come from China especially electronics

Even Yankee and EU follow

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by tobestdegreat(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
why can't nigeria exchange good for yuan instead of dollars who is decieving who :Pwhy can't nigeria exchange good for yuan instead of dollars who is decieving who
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by blacknp(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
seanfer:
I hope the Politicians are not going to highjack it the way they do on everything that concerns the masses, because of their selfish interests
Ignorance co exist with you. Lazy Youth instead of going to look for what you can sell for yuan and convert to Naira and make money,you are looking for something to wail on? Politician my ass we are talking of the Capital market free from Government intervention,the Federal Government doesn't make the rules for the Central Bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by blacknp(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
ofuonyebi:

i have said it often...i don't know why Nigeria has been tied the US dollar apron for decades?

When the U.K and U.S.A. Put sanctions on Nigeria in 1995 General Abacha embraced China and he was heavily rebuked by Nigerians just imagine if we had bought into the tyrants vision we would have been light years ahead of others in infrastructure and trade.

Let President Buhari lead us from the African perspective, mind you he has just been made the Boss of ECOWAS at the gathering of West African Presidents in The Republic of Togo.

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by rusher14: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
DBestDoc:
You people are funny oo. Did CBN sell to the end users or to the banks?
If they sold to the banks, then the whole thing is bullcrap 'cause the banks will sell at their own rates which may be close to what you get at the black market.

I remember the first time I went to China in 2012, the exchange rate was 24 naira to 1 yuan. The last time I was there, it skyrocketed to almost 60 naira per Yuan.

Nigeria will ever remain a funny country to me

What do you produce that you expect the Naira to have parity with any currency from the advanced world?

Get real.
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by rusher14: 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
angelbulksms:

"Hatred for PMB"? How?

Anyway, PMB is not my focus per se. Moreover, I've applauded him at different times when such was truly deserved.

The anguish flyca claimed to have experienced in far-away China as a student (helpless) that made him lament in such a manner upon hearing supposed "good news" is what got my attention.

So, while it might be good news to you, it is evident that an exchange rate lesser than 33 Naira per Yuan is what will make sense and also comfort flyca. undecided

Flyca is a singular Nigerian and her wishes would not surpass that of the entire country.

Do her parents who send money to her export anything from which they expect the Naira to strengthen?

All of you can continue to receive yourselves.

The Naira would never appreciate until you produce products and services which would hitherto have been imported.
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by seanfer(m): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
blacknp:
Ignorance co exist with you. Lazy Youth instead of going to look for what you can sell for yuan and convert to Naira and make money,you are looking for something to wail on? Politician my ass we are talking of the Capital market free from Government intervention,the Federal Government doesn't make the rules for the Central Bank

Seems like you are not in this country? And you don’t insult everybody on a social platform.
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Olameen1713: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
Its will soon get to N100 since demand will increase.

And naira will gain more strength against dollar and sterling
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Elxandre(m): 12:32am On Aug 01, 2018
Yuan at 50 Naira is almost equivalent to buying items at dollar rate.

Nothing is changing I guess sad
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by Sike(m): 5:51am On Aug 01, 2018
blackpanda:
Another one from bubu

SAI BABA 2023
gbayi
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by DBestDoc(f): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2018
rusher14:

What do you produce that you expect the Naira to have parity with any currency from the advanced world?

Get real.

What does Namibia, Zambia or Botswana produce?

Travel and see and stop this mediocrity
Re: Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig by rusher14: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
DBestDoc:

What does Namibia, Zambia or Botswana produce?

Travel and see and stop this mediocrity

Will you stop this nonsense?

I'm presently in UK having my vacation so what do yo want to tell me about travel?

How old were you when BOP TV was the favourite TV channel on satellite?

You want to compare a country with a population of 2 million people and half the surface area with a country of 150 million .

Botswana is rich in gemstones and of course due to the European influence still very much felt in Botswana, they've not made the mistakes most African nations do.

If you don't export anything per capita, by which magic do you expect a strong currency?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosion Hit Calabar CBN / 5 Things A Good Enterpreneur Should Never Do / Naira To Strengthen As Travelex Begins Forex Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.