Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Benue Assembly: Police, DSS Chase Away Clerk, Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Assembly: Police, DSS Chase Away Clerk, Staff (319 Views)

Breaking: Benue Assembly Suspends 7 Members For 6 Months / Benue Assembly: Impeached Speaker Insists He’s In Office, APC Reacts / Breaking: Benue Assembly Impeach APC Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue Assembly: Police, DSS Chase Away Clerk, Staff by zik4ever: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2018
Armed security operatives comprising men of the Nigeria Police and Department of State Services (DSS), yesterday invaded the Benue State House of Assembly, ordering staff out of their offices.

The Clerk of the House, Dr. Torese Agena, who confirmed the incident to reporters in Makurdi, the state capital, said the security men sent him packing and other workers at the Assembly complex. Agena claimed that the heavily armed security operatives made their way into the Assembly premises two hours after work resumption. According to him, the security agents claimed that the new state Commissioner of Police, Bensan Gwana, gave the order that all staff should vacate the Assembly.
He described the situation as harassment too much, adding that for the past two weeks now, staff of the Assembly were not allowed to do their job.

Agena said: “As I talk to you, the police officers are still there and you can’t see any staff at the Assembly because they were chased out of my office.
“We are calling on the commander-in-chief to direct the inspector-general of police to tell the Commissioner of Police, Benue State Command, to withdraw his men from the premises of the Benue State House of Assembly so that staff can do their work unhindered.” Reacting, Security Adviser to Benue State Governor, Col. Paul Hemba (rtd), said the policemen claimed they were acting based on “order from above.”
Hemba said: “I got the information about the chasing away of civil servants and I called the commissioner of police. I spoke with him a while ago and he confirmed, yes, indeed that there was order from above and then, I told him about the concerns of the civil servants and the clerk of the House. “But he told me that the order was from above and that he would take steps to get clarification from Abuja; that he is on his way to Abuja for IG’s conference.”
https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/08/benue-assembly-police-dss-chase-away-clerk-staff/
Re: Benue Assembly: Police, DSS Chase Away Clerk, Staff by fergie001: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2018
Who is a tyrant?
A tyrant is an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or person, or one who has usurped legitimate sovereignty. Often described as a cruel character, a tyrant defends their position by oppressive means, tending to control almost everything in the state.
]

....drops pen.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Receive Stipend Every Month In Bayelsa State / We Must Support Buhari, APC To Remove All Those Thieves – Oshiomhole / EFCC Begins Investigation Of Fayose, Wife And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.