Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Nigerian Farmer Develop Solar-powered Borehole, Generator For Dry Season Farming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Farmer Develop Solar-powered Borehole, Generator For Dry Season Farming (387 Views)

Snake In The Neighborhood. Becareful! It's Dry Season / Gaboon Adder Killed By A Farmer In Enugu (Photos) / See The Animal Caught By A Farmer In Badagry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Farmer Develop Solar-powered Borehole, Generator For Dry Season Farming by kunzaar83(m): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2018
A Peasant Farmer in Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State, Pastor Paul Daniel has developed a solar-powered borehole for the provision of potable water and easy dry season farming as well as a generator that can generate electricity without using fuel.

Speaking with reporters in Tafawa Balewa on Monday in his farm, Pastor Daniel said his effort is a breakthrough that if supported, will help to open a good industry for the provision of Solar powered borehole and generators without using fuel or gas, in order to boost dry season farming activities as well as create job opportunities to the teeming unemployed youths that will be trained by him.

He said, “considering the difficulties encountered by farmers during the dry season, I have been thinking on how to develop something that will ease their sufferings. While I was thinking, I saw people from Germany came to Tafawa Balewa and installed a solar-powered borehole in the Prison that can take water to 30 meters away.”

The clergyman added that “I approached them and asked them to let us join hands together and do something better than what they did they said if we will do that I have to give them N10 million on each one. I left them and asked them to give me one month within which I will do something better, so I developed my own which can give entire community portable and help a large scale farmer to water his crops during dry season farming. Their own has stopped working during the dry season but see this one we did it since February and it’s still working.”

Paul Daniel added that he used local materials like borehole pump head, solar tray, some belts to install the while lubricants like grease and engine oil, little is used to rub the engine to make it go round smoothly. If you continue to use the lubricants, you will be using the borehole for several years without problem.”

He said one can get all the local materials required for developing a borehole for domestic use or for industries from Bauchi the state capital at the cost of between N500, 000 to N800, 000, even when there is no solar light one can use the battery of his car to get water from the borehole.

On the Generator, Pastor Daniel said he used a coil of tiger generator and 3.5 KVA and it provided the electricity saying that he conceived the idea of developing so many things after they were sponsored by Speaker Yakubu Dogara when they travelled to Israel for agricultural training some years back.

He said that he appreciated the ways he sees Israelis passion on agriculture and their effort to develop the potentials God has deposited in their brain and their effort encouraged him and now the sky is his limit for he will continue to find ways that will help himself and his people to get things in the easiest way.

Pastor Daniel said many people from within and outside Nigeria have contacted him and asked him how they will work together since the day he put the samples of the boreholes on the facebook and he asked them to follow through the offices of their Ambassadors in Nigeria so that they can do everything according to the laws of the land.

He said if he can get the required support, he has the technology to develop a car that can work with solar energy without fuel which will reduce the amount of money people spent on buying fuel daily saying that his effort will help to train more youths to produce more boreholes and to cooperate with all organizations that may be interested in the area of his operation

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/157433
Re: Nigerian Farmer Develop Solar-powered Borehole, Generator For Dry Season Farming by Shelumiel: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2018
We need people like this to solve problems in Nigeria .

(1) (Reply)

Thursday 16th August 2018 Daily Devotionals / Davido Reveals New Owner Of 'his Private Jet' / Pot Holes Form The Map Of Nigeria On Ogun State Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.