Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? (552 Views)

Poll: will african team qualify for next round

yes: 33% (1 vote)
no: 66% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

ONE AFRICA !!! (which African team will emerge from the prelims? / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Confederation Cup Can Super Eagles Make It To The Next Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by Madukaele(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
for me no not even ghana.
Re: Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by Iyineda(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
Ghana can even qualify tomorrow if they beat Australia. So they are Africa's greatest hope as we speak. However, I they fail to send the socceroos packing, then their fate will be similar to those of SA, Naija and Cameroon. CIV are also in a good enough position to qualify. They must cling to a draw or a narrow defeat to Brazil and dispose of North Korea convincingly - not a given, I know. . .

Algeria are as good as done if you ask me.
Re: Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by mensdept: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
Exactly, just to add on the this bandwagon of analysis,

If Ghana beats Australia, they have a good chance. A draw would compromise them, and a lost would probably end their hopes
If Algeria ties England, then they still have a slim chance, especially if Slovenia ties the USA
Cameroon is a joke
Ivory Coast has to hold Brazil, or lose by a lone goal, and hope Brasil beats Portugal in the last match

Nigeria, well they need to field a different lineup against Korea and well, win

I'm sure that in 2014, FIFA will take away 2 places from the useless CAF authorities and give to South America and Oceana.

Maybe, just maybe if CAF only had 3 spots, and had playoffs for one more, the very hungry and determined teams would make it and play well as did Cameroon '90 and Nigeria '94
Re: Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by Iyineda(m): 1:11am On Jun 19, 2010
mens dept:

I'm sure that in 2014, FIFA will take away 2 places from the useless CAF authorities and give to South America and Oceana.

Nope. Africa still has its 5 spots >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CAF)

South America will have 4.5 spots plus hosts Brazil.
Re: Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by mensdept: 1:54am On Jun 19, 2010
I see, good heads up,
But that means that we go from 6 to 5 then.
Re: Will African Team Qualify For Next Round? by Madukaele(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2010
now a greece player

(1) (Reply)

Any T. B. Joshua Prophesy About Which Team Is Winning The Worldcup? / 1africa's Sa Vs Mexico Video World Cups 1st Goal / Lagersback's D-day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.