Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence (34278 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Yankee101: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
Even courts know say APC days are numbered. Please your next bosses

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by samuelchimmy(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
This Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by notoriousbabe: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
E don finish for Buhari be dat. If you know you know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Originality007: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
midolian:
Deji is a fool..

The way he, the defectors and his lazy misguided lots from the oza side(called pigs in some quarters) will cry after 2019 elections will be super cool and entertaining to see.

2019 will be a year full of surprises and disappointment

u are just pained grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by fergie001: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

I don't think You don't understand how democracy works in a presidential system of government..

Buhari sworn an oath to uphold the constitution of F. R Of Nigeria, and if any law/bill by amendment, introduction or otherwise negates this oath, he is constitutionally bound to reject such bills/law, which he did.

However, you don't expect the President to reject a bill without stating the reason(s) for doing so. So it is left for the NASS overide him, if they can or kill the bill, which they decided to do..

How is this executive rascality? Or you just learned the word?
I didn't see anywhere he used 'executive rascality',ngene

Davidsson,did you use the word executive rascality'?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Originality007: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ezenwammadu:

See painment

not b small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by AngryNaijaMan: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chai!
How can Buhari survive these bad news coming out every hour?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by lemonys(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
Recycle bin
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by aribisala0(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Daviddson:
The Supreme Court has that sole right to determine the constitutionality of the a law and
Where do you get this from

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Kingspin(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nigeria enemies got weaken. Everybody is aware of Buhari devishness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Moukandjo: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Stop fooling ur self
You & your fellow IPIGs who are about to give you tens of likes are the ones fooling yourselves. For God's sake, why can't you IPIGs be less emotional about politics & think critically for once! Why are you jubilating for irrelevancy when the executive will surely have their way on this one? Can the NASS get the required 70 votes to make this possible even if it gets to that level? Nawa o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
fergie001:

I didn't see anywhere he used 'executive rascality',ngene

Davidsson,did you use the word executive rascality'?

But the messag sank in?
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by fergie001: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

But the messag sank in?
Just to correct,that's all..

A distorted message is no message...

The matter wasn't whether Buhari should or shouldn't have...
The matter was the FHC's role in it....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by osazeeblue01: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Saraki the master.

haters will say who is Saraki?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Mikeross62: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
formations are going to be reset before 2019

check below to get your rmb cheaper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Bayonle10: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hvv
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by wakeupafricanyo: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
NIGERIA FIRST

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by monex(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
Born2Breed:
BREAKING: Court of Appeal has set aside the judgment of the FHC which nullified the Electoral Act Amendment Bill altering sequence of elections.

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1024653644879355904

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/a-court-clears-coast-for-nass-to-re-order-2019-election-sequence/amp/
Daura ko Aso ni.

Buhari returns in 2019.

....Unfortunately for most of us
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by selemempe: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
midolian:
Deji is a fool..

The way he, the defectors and his lazy misguided lots from the oza side(called pigs in some quarters) will cry after 2019 elections will be super cool and entertaining to see.

chai...see anger and pain grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
seunmsg:
The decision makes no difference as the election ordering sequence as proposed by PDP and Saraki will never become law. Even if it is re-introduced and passed by the National assembly, Buhari will still veto it and Saraki cannot get the required 73 senate votes to override his veto. Sorry to burst your bubble PDP wailers, this changes absolutely nothing.

Most people will have hypertension in 2019. I can see a lot of heart attack. The Abuja Court of Appeal only return the bill to Senate by removing judiciary from legislative processes. The bill can never be passed national assembly. Buhari can never sign it to law

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Nationalman: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
ChangetheChange:
you are the fool here.

Stop fooling ur self
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by legba1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
I wonder this jubilation is about....the technicality of this matter does not even call for jubilation as it stands. what if malami heads to the suppreme court which is obviously the next move..by so doing, he will buy time....plus the house wont converge until later september leaving us just 5months to the elections and the constitution says you can alter electoral laws six(6) months to the election so dunces out there...why rejoice as this particular case cant help your course

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by melvinjames: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Baba Oloye
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
fergie001:

Just to correct,that's all..

A distorted message is no message...

The matter wasn't whether Buhari should or shouldn't have...
The matter was the FHC's role in it....

I was not even referring to the suit.. Because the suit filled by the AP in the lower court was premature because the bill had not become an act.

2nd The FG didn't not initiate the court process but was only a defendant in the case..

3rd. The case was already an academic excercise as noted by the FG in its prayer before the lordship, since the NASS had already expunged it of the Bill..

Therefore my grouse with Daviddson, was trying to draw the FG into the matter using irrelevant Judicial jargon..

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Dpharisee: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
midolian:
Deji is a fool..

Cry me a River cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Buffalowings3(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

I don't think You don't understand how democracy works in a presidential system of government..

Buhari sworn an oath to uphold the constitution of F. R Of Nigeria, and if any law/bill by amendment, introduction or otherwise negates this oath, he is constitutionally bound to reject such bills/law, which he did.

However, you don't expect the President to reject a bill without stating the reason(s) for doing so. So it is left for the NASS overide him, if they can or kill the bill, which they decided to do..

How is this executive rascality? Or you just learned the word?

grin
Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by fergie001: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

I was not even referring to the suit.. Because the suit filled by the AP in the lower court was premature because the bill had not become an act.

2nd The FG didn't not initiate the court process was only a defendant in the case..

3rd. The case was already an academic excercise as noted by the FG in its prayer before the lordship, since the NASS had already expunged it of the Bill..

Therefore my grouse with Daviddson, was trying to draw the FG into the matter using irrelevant Judicial jargon..

Peace!
You are correct,
But like you are making davidsson look like bulkachiwa....
Calm down...

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by itswell1: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
See ganging up against Mr President but they will all fail in 2019.
Sai baba till 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by godwinonyilog: 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
KenOne:
I thought Adeyanju and PDP members are intelligent.This process will die in court and end up as academic exercise. If actually court of appeal nullifies the FHC judgement, i am sure attorney general will head to supreme court and file for stay of execution and the law says electoral act can not be amended 6months to election. The NASS will resume by September meaning 5months to election case closed.

Anyone that thinks this NASS will have their way on this is going on wishful thinking, they can't even muster 2/3 to carry out the amendment now that the battle line has be drawn with 50 senators paying loyalty to APC.

Note: June 12 now democracy day.
They can do it and shift the date of the election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by luvmijeje(f): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wow! That's consequences of being political ignorant. That's the consequences of I'm for everybody and I'm for no body.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by Awoo88: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
midolian:
Deji is a fool..

As the thing pain you reach you no fit reason better response? The pain freeze your brain so tay u dey fine person wrn go fight you .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Allows National Assembly To Re-order 2019 Election Sequence by adioolayi(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
I don't understand what is here to be celebrated! Even if the NASS pass this bill, it will need presidential approval... If the President refused to assent to it, it will need two third majority of NASS to become a law.
No matter how fast the NASS want to do this in a rush, it can't affect 2019 general elections which is just 6months away.
NB: NASS will resume in September grin and that's less than 6months to election slated for February... and the constitution doesn't allow altering electoral act 6months to election.... GBAM, Case Closed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Dangote Was Dropped As Buhari’s Campaign Adviser / Why I Was Absent During Buhari’s Working Visit To Lagos – Tinubu / Buhari Appoints Aliyu Abubakar Musa As New Chief Personal Security Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.