Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason (556 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Sophia Nigeria Limited Sacks 5,000 Workers, Cites Economic Challenges / Isha Sesay: A Good Book On Chibok, Hampered By Misrepresentations / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Frank Edoho Exits From Show, Becomes Host Of Anot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason by HajimeSaito(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2018

Popular Cable News Network reporter, Isha Sesay, has announced her exit from the organisation after spending 13 years.

Sesay broke the news on her Twitter handle, @IamIshaSesay on Wednesday, “it’s really happening, folks!! After more than a decade behind the desk with those three red letters… I HAVE LEFT CNN.”

Speaking on the reason for her exit in an interview with Whatweseeee, Sesay said, “It’s an exciting time for me — and a nerve-wracking one,” she says. “I’m writing a book about the Chibok girls, it’s being released in May 2019. It really speaks to where my head is at, currently — a lot more coverage about Africa, a lot more work on the continent, and a lot more focus on young girls. That’s what I’m about right now.”

She also revealed her frustration with Western media, which is focused on US President Trump, “it’s all so Trump-focused,” she explains. “He sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. The media is following that lead to the exclusion of almost everything else, in a meaningful way. For me, personally, it’s not what I want to spend all my time doing.”

“After a while, I want to do more coverage of the Ebola outbreak, of the elections in Liberia, or any number of things that are happening. I’m ready to take control of what I’m talking about,” Sesay added.

Lots of her followers have been reacting to the news of her exit, with many wishing her well in her future endeavours.

Sesay is a British born journalist of Sierra Leonean descent.

[url]https://punchng.com/isha-sesay-exits-cnn-cites-anti-trump-coverage-as-reason/
[/url]
Re: Popular News Anchor Isha Sesay Exits CNN, Cites Anti-trump Coverage As Reason by skydeexie(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
This is a very good one coming from Isha Sesay. I really don't know why they are so focused on Trump to the exclusion of every other news worthy item. CNN's world starts and ends with President Trump. With all their concentration on Trump, the man has kept on moving forward regardless of all the character assassination on his person and immediate family members. President Trump is keeping most of the promises he made to the electorates, yet in the eyes of CNN this means nothing.

Lalasticlala

Fp

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

******** / Nokia 105 Hands-on Review And Price In Nigeria / Rivers State Commissioner Steps Down Over Collapsed 7-storey Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.