Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,934 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie (1513 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2010
seriously what has happened to osaze, the guy has been playing like mumu, this is the problem when you bring in a new coach the coach starts playing players at a wrong formation. everybody knows osaze is a right winger but this coach convert him everywhere. i already know that we would qualify, at least osaze would now play his real wing.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by mensdept: 3:47am On Jun 19, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. Early in the game he received the ball around the midfield, and instead of continuing the counter-attack, he passed it ALL THE WAY back to a defender. I thought it was unusual of him.

Before the tournament he was praising who he called Oyibo, Lagerback that is, as being great, because the guy showed them tapes, but apparantly, the team sucks, and Odemwingie cant perform with the current starting lineup that is ridiculous
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by Kgdavid(m): 4:32am On Jun 19, 2010
so somehow odemwingie is playing rubbish because of the formation? Odemwingie started out as a striker and only started playing flank for us under Berti Vogts. he can play either flank. the real problem with him is that he is an average player who has been made to feel great by playing with useless players against useless african teams. now he is getting exposed on the world stage. i still like the guy though.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 5:21am On Jun 19, 2010
you see how fickle fans can be, the same osaze that khydavid was hailing last year is now average. you said he started as a striker, but what was his record as a striker poor everybody knows his a right winger but the idiot coach carry useless player put for right wing
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by bawomolo(m): 5:40am On Jun 19, 2010
maybe he isn't playing mozambique and kenya anymore. 

he should be given one more chance though.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2010
nah the guys is a good player, he played well in almost all nigeria games last year even against france but lagerback carry keita put for his role. the irony about the situation is that he flourished under amodu very well only for him to say sack amodu, he then hails lagerback but look at what lars have ridiculed him to now.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by medjai(m): 7:23am On Jun 19, 2010
I heard there are some internal wrangling in the camp of the SE involving Osaze, Martins and Lagerback. It serves Osaze right, next time be careful what you wish for
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by honeric01(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2010
I heard that too from top radio that Martins and Largerbeer are not in good terms and that Martins have queried his style of team selection and formation, so also is Osaze, i think that's why he likes to sub osaze and have hardly used Martins.

Well, whatever happens, they have 1 more match to play and all things being equal, they should be prepared to head back to their various houses in Europe.

After this worldcup, i see ONLY 10% of this current team making up our next SE squad.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by Kgdavid(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
12large:

you see how fickle fans can be, the same osaze that khydavid was hailing last year is now average. you said he started as a striker, but what was his record as a striker poor everybody knows his a right winger but the coach carry useless player put for right wing

please dont get it twisted. he still remains one of nigerias best players but thats not saying a lot for him as our players are too poor for words. he has played more on the left wing for nigeria so i dont get y ur calling him a right winger. it really doesnt matter though. i knew he would not spark at the world cup cuz he did not even spark in the friendlies, maybe he is burnt out or off form.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
Osaze is not being used correctly in this team
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by montelik(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2010
honeric01:

I heard that too from top radio that Martins and Largerbeer are not in good terms and that Martins have queried his style of team selection and formation, so also is Osaze, i think that's why he likes to sub osaze and have hardly used Martins.

Well, whatever happens, they have 1 more match to play and all things being equal, they should be prepared to head back to their various houses in Europe.

After this worldcup, i see ONLY 10% of this current team making up our next SE squad.
The never ending story of Nigerian football. Has there ever been a time recently, when the senior team has gone for a tournament and internal fighting between the technical crew and players has not occurred. Let Osaze, Martins and whoever else shut up. Is this not how Kanu was complaining during the nations cup. If them sabi how to coach the team then they should submit their resume at the glass house for consideration.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by abrahym(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
Omo the dude dey try
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by honeric01(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2010
montelik:

The never ending story of Nigerian football. Has there ever been a time recently, when the senior team has gone for a tournament and internal fighting between the technical crew and players has not occurred. Let Osaze, Martins and whoever else shut up. Is this not how Kanu was complaining during the nations cup. If them sabi how to coach the team then they should submit their resume at the glass house for consideration.

This is to prove that our current crop of players are so undisciplined and are very unprofessional, no kind of coach you'd bring that they won't disrespect, they did the same thing against Amodu, Vogts and other previous coaches, it's just in the blood of most Nigerian players, VERY DISRESPECTFUL.

So we are all beginning to see that Amodu achieved a great amount of achievement with these set of lazy, unpatriotic, shameless and silly players, they come out openly almost all the time to talk down on their coach, When Amodu said our current players were Average players and not world class players, people shouted him down and told him to mold them into world-class players, saying that's what good coaches do, now it's Largerback's turn, the same thing is still seen.

Are we all beginning to see that it was REALLY not AMODU that was given us the "heart-attack" we saw in his time which we are still seeing till today and that it is the players themselves KILLING and DAMAGING Nigerians hearts?
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2010
the martins situation and keita playing right back pain me pass. how can he drop martins in a game we need to win froom start,, as for osaze he might not even play again
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2010
the martins situation and keita playing right back pain me pass. how can he drop martins in a game we need to win froom start,, as for osaze he might not even play again
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by triistar86: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
Too much kitten. . . .  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by DrKitaun(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
Osaze, even when he was made to look so good was just bloody average !
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by stanleymail03(m): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2010
You guy are just getting to know that osaze is an average player. The guy is also selfish and i dislike his play.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by cold(m): 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
Osaze is one of the most patriotic players Nigeria has ever produced.Make una free the guy abeg,he has paid his dues.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by 12large: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
na lie the guy is not average i still remember how he performed against tunisia in abuja. on one mind am piting for him on the second mind am happy because the way he treated amodu was very bad and it was under amodu that he shined very well
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by mensdept: 4:30am On Jun 20, 2010
Osaze is a great player, but like Robinho at Man City, can have some poor games. Didnt Podolski have a heroic game against the Aussies, but not perform as well against Serbia?

One major difference is that Osaze plays for Nigeria, a team that is funded and organized by NFF and the Nigerian Government, which really, is, well, you guys know,
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by otokx(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2010
Osaze did very well under AMODU but this LAGERBACK has taken him backward and make him look like a drunkard.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by DrKitaun(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2010
Ode !

So NFF held to ransome Osaze from playing well?
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2010
Osaze:pretty much just above average.
It's the truth.Those of us who once sang his praises are slowly coming to the sad realization of the fact.
Come to think of it,why would he leave France for Russia at a stage he's supposed to be at the prime of his career and sign a four-year deal?
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by aieromon(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2010
His below-par performance in this WC finals has made me ponder whether there was a clash of egos between him and the coach.This is certainly not the Osaze i know.
Re: What Has Happened To Osaze Odemwingie by Baro(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2010
It's simply a clear case of loss of self-confidence, it can happen to any player.

(1) (Reply)

TB JOSHUA should predict tomorow Score Now Or Forever Remain Silent / For Nigerian Betting Community Only! / Where Can I Watch Nigeria Vs Mali Match Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.