Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Leicester City Manager Puel Hails Goal Hero Iheanacho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester City Manager Puel Hails Goal Hero Iheanacho (322 Views)

Leicester Hero Iheanacho Declares Special Love For The FA Cup / Pep Guardiola Hails Goal-scoring Ilkay Gundogan / Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leicester City Manager Puel Hails Goal Hero Iheanacho by solbase10(m): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2018
Leicester City manager, Claude Puel has heaped plaudits on Nigeria forward, Kelechi Iheanacho after he hit the back of the net in the club’s 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against Spanish club, Valencia on Wednesday, reports [url]Completesportsnigeria.com[/url].

Iheanacho opened scoring for the Foxes in the 11th minute before Daniel Parejo levelled scores for the visitors few minutes later.

It was his second pre-season goal for the former Premier League champions after he netted in the club’s 2-1 defeat against Italian outfit, Udinese last week.

Puel was pleased with the way his players acquitted themselves against Valencia, not least Iheanacho, who struggled for regular playing time at the club last season.

“I think he (Kelechi Iheanacho) came back with a good mentality, of course he cannot play for a long time at the moment with good fitness levels,” Puel told the club’s official website.

“I’m happy about the mentality of the players. They’ve come back with a good spirt and with a fighting spirit.

“I’m happy about this, but we needed to make attention and protect them with rotation and to work on their fitness step by step. We will see what’s happened. I was happy also, for example about Demarai Gray.

“He played as striker in the last friendly games, he made fantastic things. We have good players, good quality, good young players, good balance between experienced players and young players. I hope we can continue this good work and keep the good togetherness.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/leicester-city-manager-puel-hails-goal-hero-iheanacho/

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Flip To Mina With Alderweireld And Maguire Too Pricey / Top England Star Move To New Club. / Bakayoko Arrives AC Milan For Medicals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.