Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

10 Tips For Improving Your Public Speaking Skills - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Tips For Improving Your Public Speaking Skills (261 Views)

Training On Effective Speaking Skills For Professionals & Executives / Effective Speaking Skills For Sales & Customer Service Professionals / Effective Speaking Skills For Sales & Customer Service Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips For Improving Your Public Speaking Skills by ValourDigest(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
10 TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOUR PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS
Snakes? Fine. Flying? No problem. Public speaking? Yikes! Just thinking about public speaking—routinely described as one of the greatest (and most common) fears—can make your palms sweat. But there are many ways to tackle this anxiety and learn to deliver a memorable speech.

In part one of this series, Mastering the Basics of Communication, I shared strategies to improve how you communicate. In part two, I examined how to apply these techniques as you interact with colleagues and supervisors in the workplace. For the third and final part of this series, I’m providing you with public speaking tips that will help reduce your anxiety, dispel myths, and improve your performance.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/10-tips-for-improving-your-public-speaking-skills/

7 WAYS TO BUILD INFLUENCE IN THE WORKPLACE
Influence is power. No matter who you are, where you work, or what your professional goals are, achieving more influence in the workplace is critical for success. Gaining influence on a team can help you work together more effectively. Gaining influence in a supervisory position can make you more respected and appreciated. Gaining influence in a meeting can make your voice more likely to be heard and acknowledged.
Influence has countless advantages, but gaining that influence, like learning a skill, takes time and effort. Fortunately, there are many strategies you can use to cultivate this characteristic.

1. Build Trust With Your Co-Workers. Influence is most often and most easily carried through trust. Only when a co-worker trusts you will he or she be open to your influence. If you’re in a higher position in the company hierarchy, it’s possible to convey a demand or assign a task that must be carried out by your employee, but true influence suggests a free will component.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/7-ways-to-build-influence-in-the-workplace/

16 EXERCISES THAT WILL KEEP YOU FIT AFTER 40
Getting older doesn’t mean you have to work out less. In fact, you should probably add more exercises to your repertoire as you age to help you stay spry and prevent injury. David Jack, creator of the Men’s Health Muscle After 40 (MA40) program, has a list of 16 moves that will make the difference between a middle-aged guy who can still do everything he wants to in the gym-and in his life-and the type who groans just getting out of his recliner.MA40 set

“Guys over 40 need to focus on moving better,” says Jack, whose recommendations include several exercises that will have you moving in multiple planes. “The more directions you can control your body moving in, the stronger and more stable you’ll be.” He wants you to pay special attention to your hips and ankles, which are frequent sites for injury, and to work on core strength and the ability to balance on one leg.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/16-exercises-that-will-keep-you-fit-after-40/

5 FOODS THAT PROTECT YOUR HEART
Heart disease kills more than 325,000 men a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In fact, more men die from heart disease alone than all cancers combined, making it the #1 Killer Of Men.

But you can lower your risk—and eating a heart-healthy diet is a good place to start.

BLUEBERRIES
Inflammation in your artery walls can increase the risk of a heart attack, says cardiologist Adam Skolnick, M.D., of NYU Langone Medical Center. “You can counter that process by eating at least a cup of blueberries a day,” he says.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/5-foods-that-protect-your-heart/

HOW TO COMMUNICATE BETTER WITH YOUR WIFE
Many men ask me, “How do I communicate better with my wife?” Let’s explore the topic carefully. I want to begin with an email I received from a husband…

Dear Mort,

I’ve had it. I’m convinced I’ll never be able to communicate with my wife. Our communication is pathetic. We’ve been to counselors who have had us practice communication techniques and read books that preach communication strategies also. Nothing helps. And we really try. I mean we always do our homework. I’m not just saying that. We really want to improve our communication so we’ve gotten help about how to do so and we take it seriously, but nothing makes a difference.

If we can’t communicate with each other effectively, then what hope is there? I’m really tired of this. I just can’t go on like this. It’s so frustrating for both of us day after day.

How do I improve communication with my wife?

Ted H.
Cherry Hill, NJ

COMMUNICATION IS THE MOST TALKED ABOUT BUT ALSO THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD ISSUE IN MARRIAGE.
Unfortunately, thousands of authors, experts, counselors, and therapists have wasted years of their time and the time of their readers and clients focusing on improving communication in the marriage.

In a sense, it’s a good thing that all these efforts to improve communication have failed. If you think Ted feels bad about his marriage now, imagine how he’d feel if he understood what his wife was really saying. I’m serious. Better communication only makes a bad marriage worse. Let me explain.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/how-to-communicate-better-with-your-wife/

(1) (Reply)

Edo Govt Shuts Down Burrow Pits With Immediate Effect, Plans Recertification.. / Ago Nnpc Allocation Sourcing / How To Start Importation Business From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.