Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It (575 Views)

Rape - Woman Blame Her 2years Daughter As She Caught A Man Raping Her (video) / El Chapo Jailed For Life / For Sleeping With Her Sister's Husband, Lady's Face Disfigured (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It by hitng(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
A mum left with horrific facial injuries after being mauled by a dangerous dog has slammed its owners who said she was to blame.
Sylvia Baillie, 62, was left with deep wounds to her face after being attacked by Patrick Maher and Leeane McHugh’s American Akita called Kioshi.

Three-year-old Kioshi locked his jaws on Sylvia’s face while she was at the couple’s Paisley home following a funeral in July 2016, scarring her for life.

Maher, 47, was jailed for 12 months along with his partner Leeane McHugh, 37.
Now out of prison, Maher said Sylvia brought the attack on herself – claims she branded as “absolute rubbish”, reports the Daily Record .
Maher said: “They said we stood back and did nothing but it all happened in a matter of seconds. It wasn’t our fault.

“She was leaving and the dog was behind the couch sleeping. She patted me on the back and the dog stood up and then put its front paws on the back of the couch.”

He added Sylvia then “went to give it a kiss” but “sort of fell” towards the dog before it bit her.
Sylvia had been preparing to leave the house when the dog pounced on her.
It only let go when her daughter ran into the room and pulled it away.

Sylvia came round in hospital two days later and had to be fed through a tube. She said she felt lucky to be alive.

The surgeon who operated on her said he had never seen a dog bite so severe and medics had lost count of the amount of stitches required to save her face.

Her injuries left her unable to look at herself in the mirror and since the incident, she has only been able to drink through a straw.
The mum, who used to love going out to bingo or for dinner, was left embarrased to leave the house. She still suffers panic attacks and flashbacks, has had to have counselling and now has a fear of dogs.

Reacting to Maher’s claims, Sylvia said: “I don’t think anyone would attempt to kiss an Akita. I bent over the couch to shake Maher’s hand to thank him for taking me to the crematorium and the next thing I saw was the dog jump over the couch right on to my face. I never antagonised it.

“They didn’t try to help me. He did a runner with the dog, she just stood there. It was my daughter who pulled the dog off me and phoned the ambulance.

“The house was like a bloodbath. I lost about two days. It was my daughter who had to tell me everything. He’s talking a load of rubbish and trying to pass the buck. I’m the victim.
“I don’t know why he would make these claims after two years. I’m very angry at the accusations.

“I’m scarred – physically and mentally – and still having to take Valium.”

http://hitng.info/710/terrible-photos-dog-leaves-guest-disfigured-for-life-owners-blame-her-for-it/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It by marshalldgreat(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
Oboy see face
Re: Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It by Mrjo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jesus, they should use the dog for peeper soup
Re: Dog Leaves Guest Disfigured For Life & Owners Blame Her For It by dynicks(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
olee sheet!!

(1) (Reply)

Another Lifeless Body Of A Lady Found In Imo State Barely 24hrs (pics) / Pretty 19-year-old Girl Allegedly Murdered By Her Boyfriend (photos) / Police Arrest Two Armed Robbers In Enugu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.