Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? (314 Views)

Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? by booz(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
I packed into my new apartment equipped with prepaid meter last month. By default the meter was supposed to come 100 units, mine came with 54 units instead, I wasn't bothered with that. Not until I exhausted the unit and wanted to recharge. Getting to my DISCO to do a first recharge, I was told that there was about #5,000 deficit on my meter, which we inevitably paid! What for?
I contacted the caretaker who told me it's the tenants' responsibility to foot every bill after packing in. Are you kidding me? The worst part is that, after offsetting the debt, we still could not recharge, as our meters kept returning error messages when we punch the tokens. We did all we could, still all proved abortive. Finally a disco official came and told us we'd pay him 3k each for him to help us out, which we all declined. So, 8k free money with no derived value. My cotenants resorted to bypass, but my faith, values and believes wouldn't permit me. I've been running generator till now and to cap it up, light is now as stable as never. Seeing light everywhere coupled with the annoying noise of generator is eating me up!

I think I'll consider a bypass too.
Re: Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? by Shelumiel: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
It is written :" do not follow a multitude to do evil "(Exodus23:2). I too experienced something of that nature; but in the end , I did the right thing: I got myself a meter (it was expensive , but I was fulfilling all righteousness ).
Re: Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? by bodemattews(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please don't compromise. I believe God is trying to teach you something
Re: Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? by booz(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2018
I remember the story of a guy, who alighted from the vehicle he was traveling with to urinate at a police check point. Surprisingly, he saw where the police kept the 'road fee' they collect from vehicles , 'scooped plenty' and made away with it. He said he still doesn't feel guilty till date. ' STEALING FROM A THIEF'
Re: Is this an Acceptable excuse To Steal? by konkacid: 1:59am On Nov 25, 2018
Azin stealing from a thief?

(1) (Reply)

How To Put Your Angel To Work (7) / ALL Will Be Gathered On Judgment Day / Who Was Mohammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.