Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? (3936 Views)

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
Watch how children behave when they know no one is going to punish them. Who teaches them to misbehave or is it naturally or is because we set rules for behaviour.

Personally I don't care what you believe, be it God, Allah, Buddah, no god, science or whatever. What does your believe make you do.

If you feel hurting people be it physically, emotionally, mentally in whatever way just because you enjoy it is a good thing then you're sick and may not even know it. Because at the end you hurt people around you and yourself. You don't need a special hell somewhere you have created it.

if you don't believe in God and you don't behave better that those who claim to, how exactly do you feel at peace with yourself.

Someone who doesn't believe in God nor has heard of God but does good and right isn't really bother if God exists or not. If God exists fine, if God doesn't exist fine, it won't stop them from being nor doing good.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
â–  if you don't believe in God and you don't behave better that those who claim to, how exactly do you feel at peace with yourself. Someone who doesn't believe in God nor has heard of God but does good and right isn't really bother if God exists or not. If God exists fine, if God doesn't exist fine, it won't stop them from being nor doing good.
Please let's cut the bull! undecided

I used to be an atheist myself, and I can tell you that even then I fear religious folks more than anyone else back then. I personally never afflicted any man intentionally and was always racked by guilt as I did all I could not offend my fellow man given I was very much aware of how deep such things cut. Yes, I was an atheist but compared to a lot of your religious folks who attack and cast down that which you don't understand, I was pretty much a saint even in my unbelief.

There is nothing more horrible than to watch people who believe their form of lunacy is sanctioned by a God somewhere. It is just disgusting to behold whichever way you turn to look at it. From the lies below from pulpits and speakers from religious houses to the attacks on the weak by the religious mighty... it is all disgusting to watch how religious zealots convince themselves that in their numbers they are right to use the name of God to cover their filthy and terrible acts against their fellow men. undecided

I am no longer an atheist today, thanks to God and I don't subscribe to religion either as I abhor the idea of serving under any man when I can directly have a relationship with God. And in my knowledge of God, I know for a fact that those of you, who use the name of God to perpetrate your private brand of evil against your fellow men, are the worst kind of evil out there today. undecided

11 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
Watch how children behave when they know no one is going to punish them. Who teaches them to misbehave or is it naturally or is because we set rules for behaviour.

Personally I don't care what you believe, be it God, Allah, Buddah, no god, science or whatever. What does your believe make you do.

If you feel hurting people be it physically, emotionally, mentally in whatever way just because you enjoy it is a good thing then you're sick and may not even know it. Because at the end you hurt people around you and yourself. You don't need a special hell somewhere you have created it.

if you don't believe in God and you don't behave better that those who claim to, how exactly do you feel at peace with yourself.

Someone who doesn't believe in God nor has heard of God but does good and right isn't really bother if God exists or not. If God exists fine, if God doesn't exist fine, it won't stop them from being nor doing good.
I have a question for you : where did you get this sense of morality from ...? Is it from religion or from your own personal reflection?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jashub:
I have a question for you : where did you get this sense of morality from ...? Is it from religion or from your own personal reflection?
answer me this does it really matter?

Have you ever seen a child who already knows morals without being taught?

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I used to be an atheist myself, and I can tell you that even then I fear religious folks more than anyone else back then. I personally never afflicted any man intentionally and was always racked by guilt as I did all I could not offend my fellow man given I was very much aware of how deep such things cut. Yes, I was an atheist but compared to a lot of your religious folks who attack and cast down that which you don't understand, I was pretty much a saint even in my unbelief.

There is nothing more horrible than to watch people who believe their form of lunacy is sanctioned by a God somewhere. It is just disgusting to behold whichever way you turn to look at it. From the lies below from pulpits and speakers from religious houses to the attacks on the weak by the religious mighty... it is all disgusting to watch how religious zealots convince themselves that in their numbers they are right to use the name of God to cover their filthy and terrible acts against their fellow men. undecided

I am no longer an atheist today, thanks to God and I don't subscribe to religion either as I abhor the idea of serving under any man when I can directly have a relationship with God, and in my knowledge of God, I know for a fact that those who of you who use the name of God to perpetrate your private brand of evil against your fellow man are the worst kind of evil out there today. undecided
You never inflicted any man intentionally but did you inflict unintentionally? Was that the source of your guilt?

You are cutting the BS by saying some things I don't completely disagree with.

You can be afraid of anyone who threatens or frightens you maybe because of what you're afraid to lose. The question is as a former atheist what were you afraid of? Were those people really the source of your fear?

Okay 😅 I am not trying to be a therapist but you don't seem to have changed, there still seems to be an awful feeling left towards them. So much so that you seem to unconsciously direct it (that disgust) to anyone whom you think speaks for God.

Obviously those people are either not aware that God doesn't forgive those who misuse his name or they do and don't care, meaning they are pretending to be what they are not which is not uncommon in this world.

So does attacking or separating yourself others make you different or justified or are you still afraid?

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
â– You never inflicted any man intentionally but did you inflict unintentionally? Was that the source of your guilt?
â–  You are cutting the BS by saying some things I don't completely disagree with. You can be afraid of anyone who threatens or frightens you maybe because of what you're afraid to lose. The question is as a former atheist what were you afraid of? Were those people really the source of your fear?
■ Okay 😅 I am not trying to be a therapist but you don't seem to have changed, there still seems to be an awful feeling left towards them. So much so that you seem to unconsciously direct it (that disgust) to anyone whom you think speaks for God.
â–  Obviously those people are either not aware that God doesn't forgive those who misuse his name or they do and don't care, meaning they are pretending to be what they are not which is not uncommon in this world.
â–  So does attacking or separating yourself others make you different or justified or are you still afraid?
1. The source of my guilt was depression which I had struggled with from my childhood days. Yes, it is possible to have a depressed brain. undecided

2. You can also be riddled with fear simply because your brain chemicals run haywire 24/7. Mental illness can do that to anyone. Irrational fears are not uncommon with folks who struggle with such things. They are quite aware of the problem only they can't make it stop of their own will. undecided

3. I am sorry, why would I need to have changed in regards to how I feel about religious bigots hiding their atrocities against their fellow men behind the name of God, something even Jesus Christ vehemently railed against the Pharisees for? undecided

4. You actually think that your Pastors and mogs are not aware that they are using the name of God to perpetrate that which is against God alls so they can benefit their kingdoms here on earth? Do you actually think those of them who seek and use God's name for political power and fame don't know that what they do is in fact against God? undecided

5. Attack? I don't attack anyone. Instead, I point out the lies religious folks feed others using the name of God. Separate? Well, I don't believe in a religion that is born of the doctrines and traditions, lies that Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. God never gave men religion, to begin with. What that means is that the religion of Christianity and also Judaism have absolutely nothing to do with that which God in fact gave His people. What God instead gave were Laws, His agreements which He bid the people to obey. I live by God's Law, Jesus Christ, not the religion of men. undecided

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by FxMasterz: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I am no longer an atheist today, thanks to God and I don't subscribe to religion either as I abhor the idea of serving under any man when I can directly have a relationship with God. And in my knowledge of God, I know for a fact that those of you, who use the name of God to perpetrate your private brand of evil against your fellow men, are the worst kind of evil out there today. undecided
Would you care to share your story? What made you believe that there's God? Why did you forsake atheism?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
FxMasterz:
Would you care to share your story? What made you believe that there's God? Why did you forsake atheism?
I wanted to discover the truth of God, so I followed the breadcrumbs laid down across many texts until I came to one the text that began to open to me, and as I did as written — obeyed the commandments and teachings — God Himself took over and eventually showed up one day in a way that I could not longer deny there was something out there. At first, I thought it was an alien invasion of some kind, and then I thought I was possessed by some sort of demon but it turned out it was just me being born-again. And the rest is history undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by FxMasterz: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I wanted to discover the truth of God, so I followed the breadcrumbs laid down across many texts until I came to one the text that began to open to me, and as I did as written — obeyed the commandments and teachings — God Himself took over and eventually showed up one day in a way that I could not longer deny there was something out there. At first, I thought it was an alien invasion of some kind, and then I thought I was possessed by some sort of demon but it turned out it was just me being born-again. And the rest is history undecided
Would you please vividly describe the experience? I'll like to know how you discovered you were being born again by that experience, and also how the experience pointed you christwards without pointing you elsewhere.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
FxMasterz:
Would you please vividly describe the experience? I'll like to know how you discovered you were being born again by that experience, and also how the experience pointed you christwards without pointing you elsewhere.
How I discovered I was born-again? Well, for one, I was suddenly possessed by a spirit — I was aware of his presence and the fact that he had control over my body and even my mouth as he spoke and sang even in a different tongue. Yep, being born of spirit turns out to mean possession by a new spirit. As to how the experience pointed me Christwards? Well, I would say, I was already headed in that direction before the experience happened... I had already been obeying as consistently as I could commandments from the teachings of Jesus Christ even though I didn't understand the reason or why of Jesus Christ at that point. I honestly didn't believe in Jesus Christ at all at that point. I simply decided to obey what was written in order to maybe get God to answer my questions, and it turned out to be the right thing to do. After that experience, I pressed forward even when nothing made sense... I mean having this thing in your head or life is not easy at all and I didn't know how to get rid of it so I pushed forward in obedience and the more I did, the more I gained an understanding of who Jesus Christ is, and the more the sync up between myself and the spirit became lesson encumbering. undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The source of my guilt was depression which I had struggled with from my childhood days. Yes, it is possible to have a depressed brain. undecided

2. You can also be riddled with fear simply because your brain chemicals run haywire 24/7. Mental illness can do that to anyone. Irrational fears are not uncommon with folks who struggle with such things. They are quite aware of the problem only they can't make it stop of their own will. undecided

3. I am sorry, why would I need to have changed in regards to how I feel about religious bigots hiding their atrocities against their fellow men behind the name of God, something even Jesus Christ vehemently railed against the Pharisees for? undecided

4. You actually think that your Pastors and mogs are not aware that they are using the name of God to perpetrate that which is against God alls so they can benefit their kingdoms here on earth? Do you actually think those of them who seek and use God's name for political power and fame don't know that what they do is in fact against God? undecided

5. Attack? I don't attack anyone. Instead, I point out the lies religious folks feed others using the name of God. Separate? Well, I don't believe in a religion that is born of the doctrines and traditions, lies that Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. God never gave men religion, to begin with. What that means is that the religion of Christianity and also Judaism have absolutely nothing to do with that which God in fact gave His people. What gave instead gave were Laws, His agreements which He bid the people to obey. I live by God's Law, Jesus Christ, not the religion of men. undecided
Wow amazing glad I read this
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
answer me this does it really matter?

Have you ever seen a child who already knows morals without being taught?
No child knows anything about morals without being taught . So back to my question: where did you get your sense of morality from ? Because I know it did not come as a default code in your head.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
No child knows anything about morals without being taught . So back to my question: where did you get your sense of morality from ? Because I know it did not come as a default code in your head.
it didn't I was taught and I learnt from what I read, heard and experienced
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:01am On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:

Atheism means one who hates Good. Therefore all atheists are lovers of evil.

And as you see, they are always in support of every wicked thing
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:

We know good (morality) and evil (wrongness) thus we already possess the power of knowing morality and wrongness.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We know good (morality) and evil (wrongness) thus we already possess the power of knowing morality and wrongness.
You don't have the power to do that sir . Because each and everyone of us would then have his or her own sense of right and wrong .
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:
it didn't I was taught and I learnt from what I read, heard and experienced
And you believe those things to be true ? Let me ask you another question : why is it wrong to kill babies ?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:44am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
You do have the power to do sir . Because each and everyone of us would then have his or her own sense of right and wrong .

There is really no his or her right or wrong only right and wrong, standing on their own and people exercising their power to do either of them as captured by this guy.

The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The other part is the doing of it. (<My addition)

Norman Schwarzkopf
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 8:53am On Feb 09, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There is really no his or her right or wrong only right and wrong, standing on their own and people exercising their power to do either of them as captured by this guy.

The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The other part is the doing of it. (<My addition)

Norman Schwarzkopf

There is oga . Look at communist China . Look at how Mao slaughtered 1.2million of his own people yet, he saw nothing wrong with it. Or what about Cannanites who offer children to Baal and considered it righteousness...or how about Aboringin tribes in south America who considered it normal to cannibalize on their fellows thinking that by consuming the flesh of their dead enemies , they would also be consumkng the strength of that enemy, which they thought , would making them more powerful than before . So how do you condemn such people ?

See , each and everyone of us has his or her own sense of right and wrong, but what condemns one from another is a Standard that's above us . That's where the God factor comes to play
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
And you believe those things to be true ? Let me ask you another question : why is it wrong to kill babies ?
not all the things I have learn or heard are true as much as they may be helpful.

Who says its wrong to kill babies, except you assume it is wrong irrespective of the reason.

Anyway it is wrong to kill the innocent, the righteous.

If a baby is in irreversible pain and dying, would it be wrong to kill it. If we are talking about the baby of a tiger that would grow up and kill people, why not kill it if there is no one to tame or train it.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:
not all the things I have learn or heard are true as much as they may be helpful.

Who says its wrong to kill babies, except you assume it is wrong irrespective of the reason.

Anyway it is wrong to kill the innocent, the righteous.

If a baby is in irreversible pain and dying, would it be wrong to kill it. If we are talking about the baby of a tiger that would grow up and kill people, why not kill it if there is no one to tame or train it.
So why is it wrong to kill the innocent or baby ? Please tell me
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
So why is it wrong to kill the innocent or baby ? Please tell me
I have answered you already

Why is it wrong to kill the innocent, when there is no justifiable or good reason to kill them. Would you be pleased if I killed you.

There are murderers, those filled with bloodlust, they don't even kill animals for the sake of food but as some form of sport or fun. They derive pleasure from other people's pain to them it's not wrong but to those who get killed for NO good or just reason isn't it wrong, don't they feel wronged.

If someone takes your life (snatches it forcefully from you), is that right or wrong, would you be glad or pleased.

Simple answer it is wrong to kill if you don't want to be killed nor treat anyone in a way they don't want to nor in a way you don't want to be treated.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by orisa37: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2023
They are not WICKED but UNRIGHTEOUS.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:
I have answered you already

Why is it wrong to kill the innocent, when there is no justifiable or good reason to kill them. Would you be pleased if I killed you.

There are murderers, those filled with bloodlust, they don't even kill animals for the sake of food but as some form of sport or fun. They derive pleasure from other people's pain to them it's not wrong but to those who get killed for NO good or just reason isn't it wrong, don't they feel wronged.

If someone takes your life (snatches it forcefully from you), is that right or wrong, would you be glad or pleased.

Simple answer it is wrong to kill if you don't want to be killed nor treat anyone in a way they don't want to nor in a way you don't want to be treated.

You've not answered anything. So why is it wrong...why is it wrong to kill babies ? What justifies us not to kill babies and harm the innocent ? Secondly, whose standard of justice are you subscribing to ...and please dont tell me it's your own , because that would be stealing from God. undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
You've not answered anything. So why is it wrong...why is it wrong to kill babies ? What justifies us not to kill babies and harm the innocent ? Secondly, whose standard of justice are you subscribing to ...and please dont tell me it's your own , because that would be stealing from God. undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
orisa37:
They are not WICKED but UNRIGHTEOUS.
are the wicked not unrighteous and the unrighteous wicked?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Jashub: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:
So in other words you don't know why it's wrong to kill babies ...? No wahala sha. Peace undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
You don't have the power to do that sir . Because each and everyone of us would then have his or her own sense of right and wrong .
doesn't everyone already have their own sense of right and wrong, called conscience
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
gohf:

How does your write up explain your topic?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
So in other words you don't know why it's wrong to kill babies ...? No wahala sha. Peace undecided
smh, I do know
Peace
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
As an atheist I commit the number of crimes that I want and that is ZERO.

I commit the number of murders that I want which is ZERO.

I rape as much I want and that is ZERO.

Are Christians really saying that the only thing keeping them from committing atrocities and killing people is because an old book written by cattle rearers says so? That is scary.

I am an atheist who takes no moral instructions from evil and ignorant books but still is kind to as many people as possible because I have sympathy for my fellow human beings.

I understand that a society devoid of crime benefits me and everyone else therefore I won't commit crimes. I don't need a useless buybull or kooran to tell me that.

If you can't understand this as a religious person, please keep believing but understand that you need help.

4 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

How does your write up explain your topic?
did you not understand the question (topic)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? / Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.