Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

It's War On South Korea - Yobo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's War On South Korea - Yobo (3208 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 19, 2010
It's War on South Korea - Yobo
Home | News | General | It's War on South Korea - Yobo
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Published 17/06/2010 20:50:42 AllAfrica

Daily Champion (Lagos)

Francis Ajuonuma

17 June 2010

Lagos — SUPER Eagles vice-captain, Joseph Yobo, has declared that they must beat South Korea convincingly when both teams clash in Durban on Tuesday if they are to stand any chance of making it to the second round of SA 2010.

Yobo, who lamented the 1-2 loss to Greece on Thursday in Bloemfontein, insisted that Nigeria should not be written off in the race for a ticket to the knock-out stage.

The Everton defender, however, warned that the Eagles must get their act together, while hoping that results from the other groups go their way.

Vassilis Torosidis secured his name in history after his 71st-minute strike gave Greece their first ever win at a World Cup finals.

The 2004 European champions came from behind to beat Nigeria, who were reduced to ten men in the first half when Sani Kaita was shown a straight red for kicking out at Torosidis.

Nigeria took the lead through Kalu Uche early in the first half before Dimitris Saplingdis equalised on the stroke of half time.

Greece were then gift wrapped the win when Vincent Enyeama spilled a shot at the feet of Torosidis, 19 minutes from time.

Meanwhile, injured Chelsea star, Mikel John Obi, is praying fervently for the success of the Super Eagles at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, Sporting Champion can reveal today.

A confidant of Mikel told Sporting Champion during the week that although the combative midfielder is not with his teammates in South Africa, he is 'always with them in spirit.'

According to him, the fact that Mikel is not with his teammates physically, does not remove the fact that he's always wished them well, particularly at the ongoing World Cup in South Africa.

"Mikel may not be physically present in South Africa with his national teammates, but hardly does a day pass by without him reaching out to them. Don't forget that ordinarily, he ought to be in South Africa with the Super Eagles, but for injury. He's very committed to the Nigerian cause. Sadly, he's being misrepresented in several quarters," said our source.

Asked why Mikel did not exercise some patience as was the case with Didier Drogba who came in as a second substitute in the 1-1 draw with Portugal, our source said that the Chelsea player was not prepared to aggravate his injury.

"It's a personal decision and has to be respected. Rather than conceal his injury for selfish reasons and at the expense of the team, he met with team officials and told them that he was still not fit for the World Cup."

Meanwhile, Mikel has declared that he has no regrets missing out in the ongoing FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

A key member of the Eagles, told Sporting Champion on condition of anonymity, that although Mikel missed a golden opportunity to play at the World Cup, he had no regrets, having listened to professional advice.

"Said our source: "Mikel's decision not to feature at the World Cup, came as a big surprise to many of us. It's not every time that a player gets the opportunity to feature at the world."

In a related development, South Korea have vowed to give the Eagles the fight of their lives when both teams clash on Tuesday in Durban.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/34743-Its-War-South-Korea---Yobo.html
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 19, 2010
someone tell this loser to keep shut
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Kgdavid(m): 4:29am On Jun 19, 2010
why dont you? smileyim sure nairalanders would not mind contributing the money for your ticket if you would agree to serve your fatherland by going down to SA to face Joseph Yobo squarely, call him a loser to his face and ask him to shut up. tongue
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 19, 2010
Kgdavid:

why dont you?  smileyim sure nairalanders would not mind contributing the money for your ticket if you would agree to serve your fatherland by going down to SA  to face Joseph Yobo squarely, call him a loser to his face and ask him to shut up. tongue

google the meaning of the word "iidiot" or no, just look at yourself ,you physically, mentally, verbally and psychologically define that word
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Woke4all(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2010
I didn't even read the whole story. Why don't they just shut up and play that the like?

Na today we dey hear dem voke? Or didn't the say lot's of words about Greece before the march?

Make yobo go sleep jor.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by medjai(m): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2010
the same Yobo was sitting when we conceeded the second goal against Greece.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by deb(m): 10:04am On Jun 19, 2010
They have started again to raise people's hope. azzholes and bunch of average players
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2010
no mind them, all talk and no substance
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by lwise(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2010
calamity yobo shiooo
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
Notwitstandin, hope is still verymuch alive.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
I can't wait to watch that interesting defeat against the super ducks.
Yobo/Zobo, or whatever he call himself should "shut da damn crap".
The best they can offer is a 'loss'. Can you imagine; they lost 2 matches on a row, despite the huge amount of money invested.
I'm sure Largerback is already preparing a flight back to Sweden.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Rhydem: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
Acidosis:

I can't wait to watch that interesting defeat against the super ducks.
Yobo/Zobo, or whatever he call himself should "shut da damn crap".
The best they can offer is a 'loss'. Can you imagine; they lost 2 matches on a row, despite the huge amount of money invested.
I'm sure Largerback is already preparing a flight back to Sweden.

He did this as soon as he got the job - he made sure he got the ticket early so it would be cheap not effecting his salary.

Smart guy.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Redman44(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
I am not buying into Joseph Yobo's attempt to pacify angry Nigerian Football Fans with promises and strong vows. I don't see the Super Eagles beating South Korea. The Koreans will want to win the match or at least get a draw to boost their chances of qualifying. If Argentina beats Greece, South Korea will qualify for the second round. Nigeria is really in a bad position right now. Greece will also be aiming to beat Argentina or pull a draw with Maradona's boys. Yobo should bury his head in shame. The battle is already lost and nothing can remedy the situation. I'm not being pessimistic but we don't deserve to be in the 2nd round. Nigerian Football needs to undergo a major surgery with the guys in the Glass House being flushed out- I'm talking about the likes of Sani Lulu, Bolaji Ojo-Oba et al.

As for Lagerback, I am really disappointed in him. I thought he was going to make a lot of difference as Nigeria's coach. He needs to go. Let us give a Samson Siasia a chance to build a new Super Eagles Team for Nigeria. Cheers.

www.amebor.com
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
jennykadry:

someone tell this loser to keep shut
shut up Zobo Yobo tongue tongue grin grin
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by PROJECT: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
why is dat we nigerians are so unpatriotic and yet when some are given the opportunity the will do worse,i will always say this ,we deserve the kind of leaders we get
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
mydreamz:

shut up Zobo Yobo  tongue tongue grin grin

Thank you cool
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by philip0906(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2010
PROJECT:

why is dat we nigerians are so unpatriotic and yet when some are given the opportunity the will do worse,i will always say this ,we deserve the kind of leaders we get
my friend stop deceiving urself.u want us 2 be patriotic,but d players themselves r they patriotic?is this d first time they'll tell us they'll win?b4 d argentina match what did they say?b4 d greece match what did they say?so u want us 2 keep deceiving ourselves all in d name of patriotism? undecided
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Ranoscky(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
it's funny how nobody mentioned the name of the coach in our 1st match but in the 2nd match he's now being crucified.

can someone pls xplain to me or give me 1 reason why the coach should be sacked?

back to topic - yes yobo i support u jare, make una try una best against s.korea, whatever the case maybe let it be!
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by fender(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
someone should pls tell the guy to shut the f**k up. No be the same we hear against Argentina & Greece??
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Kgdavid(m): 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
i just found these comments pitiable and laughable seeing how limp some of the players are but yobo as an individual has really tried, as an individual defender i hardly noticed any errors from him and he has always been full of passion on the pitch. he has played very well under the given circumstances. i guess he has done the right thing by trying to rally the troops for the final all important push. good luck boys.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Litmus: 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2010
Its weird but the Nigeria formation on the pitch in all the games I've watched them play in this World Cup looked primitive. There was no spread on the field, so many holes, and they all seem to flock towards the ball, like you would see if you watch primary school kids playing on a lumpy, waterlogged field, in some forgotten Nigerian school. Its odd , but even Algeria, the wiping boys of the last African cup, looked more organized on field. The sort of shambles you see from Nigeria is the mark of lack of confidence, its like a top boxer who receive an  unexpected blow and, suddenly frightened, forgets all that he has learned, and comes out trying to village-wrestle instead of box. We've  lost our Rolls Roys ability and are going out like jagudas', we should leave that style of play to Ghana, they are better at it and achieve more with that style of play.  

I believe in Nigeria and our abilities in spite of the odds but a win against Korea is difficult to envisage at this rate.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Kgdavid(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ranoscky:

it's funny how nobody mentioned the name of the coach in our 1st match but in the 2nd match he's now being crucified.

can someone pls xplain to me or give me 1 reason why the coach should be sacked?

back to topic - yes yobo i support u jare, make una try una best against s.korea, whatever the case maybe let it be!

yesterday he was out thought by his greek counterpart. as soon as Kaita got sent off the greeks threw on an extra striker. their formation was already 4 3 3 so imagine what the implication of that was? it meant they had four out and out attackers coming at as with our weakened midfield, what should we have done? very simply switch to 4 3 1 1 formation bringing in yusuf ayila and martins for odemwingie and haruna.
at that stage of the game we still had one goal to protect and having the one man disadvantage that was the only reasonable thing to do. laggy boy merely changed his attacking personnel by bringin in obasi, that woeful player, they were then able to put tremendous pressure on our midfield although our defence kept them pinned back. this resulted in them taking shots from distance,two of which ended in goals.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Youngichou(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

no mind them, all talk and no substance
thank you
philip0906:

my friend stop deceiving urself.u want us 2 be patriotic,but d players themselves r they patriotic?is this d first time they'll tell us they'll win?b4 d argentina match what did they say?b4 d greece match what did they say?so u want us 2 keep deceiving ourselves all in d name of patriotism? undecided

gbam! i am happy you spoke sense into him but am not happy because you insulted him little you would have done that much.
Kgdavid:

yesterday he was out thought by his greek counterpart. as soon as Kaita got sent off the greeks threw on an extra striker. their formation was already 4 3 3 so imagine what the implication of that was? it meant they had four out and out attackers coming at as with our weakened midfield, what should we have done? very simply switch to 4 3 1 1 formation bringing in yusuf ayila and martins for odemwingie and haruna.
at that stage of the game we still had one goal to protect and having the one man disadvantage that was the only reasonable thing to do. laggy boy merely changed his attacking personnel by bringin in obasi, that woeful player, they were then able to put tremendous pressure on our midfield although our defence kept them pinned back. this resulted in them taking shots from distance,two of which ended in goals.
@ mr ran i you now satisfied.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Vacora(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mr Yobo,
I will suggest your team takes the approach taken by the US team. Sheer determination, resilience, effective communication, discipline, humility and playing as a team, like the US, will guarantee success.
And in the mean time, shut the f*&% up!!
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2010
Yobo should go and sleep, how many times hv we heard about their fake war, what about total war on Iraq lol
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Iniabasi: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
there they go again,boasting as usual-mere hot air,words without action.the earlier we crash out, the better for us.these boys dont even deserve to be in the championship itself not to talk of round of 16. until we stop living off our successes(past glories) of 1994&96,then we wld learn to come to terms with the realities of the state of our football and national life at large.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Ranoscky(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
@kgdavid

Afetr kaita was sent off, he (lagerback) made no changes in the 1st half until the 2nd half, that was when he subtituted odenwengie for obasi right?. . .good! had it been he brought in those two players that u mentioned (yusuf ayila and martins) and on that same 2nd half Taiye Taiwo and Echiejile were out b'cos of injury and we were 1man down then already, what will u say about that? undecided. . .9men on the field are not withstanding the pressure from the greek side, na 8 men go give us the victory?  undecided. . .make una just relax una mind and xcersice patient for that guy for sometime make we know if truely he can handle the super eagles. it's just too early to start calling 4 sack, ah ah  undecided una plant seed today, una want make d seed grow today, na medicine? abi b'cos na white man una dey xpect white magic?  undecided  na wa O!
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by adconline(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
can someone tell this guy to shut up and play. Pride does not play football, skills do.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by jokingmary(m): 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
How is he sure that the super vultures will win undecided South Korea
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Vacora(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
Praying fervently will not save this team unless they do their bit. "Life begins when the church ends"
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Kgdavid(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ranoscky:

@kgdavid

Afetr kaita was sent off, he (lagerback) made no changes in the 1st half until the 2nd half, that was when he subtituted odenwengie for obasi right?. . .good! had it been he brought in those two players that u mentioned (yusuf ayila and martins) and on that same 2nd half Taiye Taiwo and Echiejile were out b'cos of injury and we were 1man down then already, what will u say about that? undecided. . .9men on the field are not withstanding the pressure from the greek side, na 8 men go give us the victory? undecided. . .make una just relax una mind and xcersice patient for that guy for sometime make we know if truely he can handle the super eagles. it's just too early to start calling 4 sack, ah ah undecided una plant seed today, una want make d seed grow today, na medicine? abi b'cos na white man una dey xpect white magic? undecided na wa O!

both taiye and echiejle gettin injured in the same match was a freak coincidence that should not be taken into consideration when discussing tactical moves. greece did not create any clear cut chance and for that i praise our defence. they were good except when it came to set pieces. lagerback also messed up by starting Kaita on the right flank. there was absolutely no justification for this.
Re: It's War On South Korea - Yobo by Newest: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2010
Yobo Zobo shut upppppppppppppp idiot, u wan give me another attack abi?, make thunder fire ur mouth, oloshiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Female Athlete Withdraws From Olympics To Avoid Israeli In Next Round / Roman Abramivich With Young Tammy Abraham And Luftus Cheek Photo / Rollover Investment Plan @ 1.3 - 1.5odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.