Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene (3715 Views)

Fayose Helps Man With Eye-Cataract At Akure-Ado (Photos) / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Graphic Photos From The Robbery Scene In Ondo State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by evil666(m): 4:31am On Jun 19, 2010
The robbery incident that led to the death of at least five persons in Akure, Ondo State, has continued to generate reactions with the allegation that the rifle used in killing the victims belong to a policeman in the state.

Besides, the state governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, has visited the scene of the robbery, assurring the people that his government would increase its commitment to the safety of their lives and property in the state.

The governor also sympathised with the families of those who lost their lives and the injured.

It was, however, learnt that the AK 47 rifle used by the robbers belonged to a police constable and was snatched by the eight man gangsters along CocaCola, Ondo Road, Akure, on Wednesday night.
According to source, the police constable attached to Fanibi Police station was robbed of his gun on Wednesday and the following day after the robbery, the gun was reportedly picked up at the scene of the robbery.

But the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Alhaji Adeniran Aremu, denied the allegation, saying that the snatching of the gun of the policeman should not be connected with the robbery.

He said, “It is not true that the same gun was recovered at the robbery scene. the police had recovered the gun that was earlier snatched from the police constable at Bolorunduro after we gave the hoodlums a hot chase.”

However, speaking on the incident, Mimiko said, “I was briefed on arrival from Abuja today by security chiefs that the incident happened in the market place, because of this, the security men could not engage in serious shooting, else, there would have been more casualties.

“The incident is unfortunate; I got briefings of what happened when I returned to Akure from Abuja. We shall rise to the challenges, we are on top of the situation, whatever we need to do, we shall do it to prevent a recurrence.”

However, sources at the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), confirmed the recovery of the AK47 rifle used by the robbers in the banks and used to kill the nursing mother at the entrance of one of the robbed banks
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by BluMalam(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2010
_Is this supposed to be surprising?_
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by CarlosVent(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2010
jesus dis is alerming
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
i dont want to believe that the nigerian police are involved in the mess, if not then we are not safe in this country. angry
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by StRichy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
i was at the robbery scene yesterday. i saw blood! as at yesterday people still clustered around the scene all in great surprise.
As for the police rifle, its true that some policemen "lease" their arms out. I ran into them earlier this year in such transaction. i was so shocked that i didn't know what measure to use in getting them apprehended because of the short time frame. May God Help the NPForce!
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Shaunscot(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
Na today
Its not news that the Nigeria Police loans arms and ammo to robbers.
Why are people surprised?
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by skyndyp(f): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why didn't the constable shoot the robber when he was trying to snatch the gun? I don't believe the snatching story, he probably gave the gun out for some monetary benefits.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by cj2008: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Shaunscot:

Na today
Its not news that the Nigeria Police loans arms and ammo to robbers.
Why are people surprised?

Bros i no know y people even dey shout lk say dey dnt knw.
Nigerian police has about 50% rate of involvement in kidnapping,its a fact which anyone dat wants 2 say d truth knws.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Ranoscky(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
@richie boi

shey na today u know say naija no dey safe?  undecided. . .abi u just dey hear say naija ploice dey rent gun b'cos of moni?
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by skyndyp(f): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
This Akure too get wahala. First, king tear queen's cloth for public; now police dey sell gun for inside Akure. Haba!
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
I have alway said it that nigeria police are useless sets of animals in human form.bunch of idi.ot.s
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by philip0906(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
skyndyp:

This Akure too get wahala. First, king tear queen's cloth for public; now police dey sell gun for inside Akure. Haba!
cheesy grin grin
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Vacora(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
Na today? We always knew some coppers in Niaja were dodgy
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by tellwisdom: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
Na today yash dey for back! Police re now taking the post of robbers, so the news is not new, get me another!
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by maxdi(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
Police knows thief and vice versa
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by yemi2005(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2010
honestly our police needs to be sanitised and reformed
angry angry
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by hackney(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
Is it shocking?
even if they find a bunch of policemen in a robbery scene it is not shocking.
it's nigeria; devil's playground.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by candylips(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
ak47 shakabula
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by eros(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2010
Well, i am not surprised because na police go thief, and na them go still arrest innocent people as the robbers.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by batboy(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2010
everything is based on hear say! nevertheless, it aint surprising @ all, NEXT?
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by batboy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
everything is based on hear say! nevertheless, it aint surprising @ all, NEXT?
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Rastamann: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2010
Who is fooling who? We all know that 75% of robbery in Nigeria is either masterminded by the police or actually carried out by the police.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by kech(f): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2010
Guys check this out. True story.
A friend's uncle was driving home very late when his car broke down on a bridge in Lagos (can't remember the name of the bridge) It was very late and no one was in sight so he decided to spend the night in his car till morning. He leaned back his drivers seat and slept off. He woke up about 30mins later when a police truck passed by and  parked in front of his car. The police men got out of the car and left. He didn't make anything of it until about another 30mins later, another car drove by and stopped; Some men got out of the car, went to the police truck, opened it, took out guns and drove off in the car they came with. After they left the poor man couldn't sleep again cos he was trying to figure out what was going on. He kept on thinking about the incident until about 2 hrs later, he heard a car coming. The people who came to pick up the guns came back to return the guns to the police truck and left. Some minutes later, the police men came back and drove off in their truck. It then dawned on him that these policemen had loaned their guns out for probably a robbery operation. Once it was dawn, my friends uncle left the scene immediately and went back later to get his car.

Since I heard this story I have never looked at the Nigerian Police Force the same way. In other words it's possible that the policeman the OP is talking about was indeed robbed of his gun, but I won't be surprised otherwise. Nothing can shock me anymore.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by chelseabmw(m): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
POLICE NA THIEF NA
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by eridah2007(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
shocked
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by StRichy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2010
kech:

Guys check this out. True story.
A friend's uncle was driving home very late when his car broke down on a bridge in Lagos (can't remember the name of the bridge) It was very late and no one was in sight so he decided to spend the night in his car till morning. He leaned back his drivers seat and slept off. He woke up about 30mins later when a police truck passed by and  parked in front of his car. The police men got out of the car and left. He didn't make anything of it until about another 30mins later, another car drove by and stopped; Some men got out of the car, went to the police truck, opened it, took out guns and drove off in the car they came with. After they left the poor man couldn't sleep again cos he was trying to figure out what was going on. He kept on thinking about the incident until about 2 hrs later, he heard a car coming. The people who came to pick up the guns came back to return the guns to the police truck and left. Some minutes later, the police men came back and drove off in their truck. It then dawned on him that these policemen had loaned their guns out for probably a robbery operation. Once it was dawn, my friends uncle left the scene immediately and went back later to get his car

just like what happened opposite my house earlier this years.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Ranoscky(m): 6:36am On Jun 20, 2010
@OP new topic pls Dis is not a big news 2 us anymore, it's like telling a child Dat his/her mother is back from market.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2010
Say something else, This is not a news.
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by MrKelly: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2010
Sourse
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2010
Mr Kelly:

Sourse
sauce,sourse,sos,socks,suss, roflmao
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by candylips(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2010
Mr Kelly:

Sourse

lol grin
Re: Police Rifle Found At Akure Robbery Scene by gigabytes: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2010
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! / Fashola Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/geographic Info / Is IBB Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.