Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition (6383 Views)

Soludo Denies Reported Job Vacancy Advertisements / Purported List Is False And Misleading: APC Denies Reported Zoning List / Air Force Denies Reported Bombardment Of Yobe Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by OEPHIUS(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Residents of Abor community, Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, Thursday, dismissed media report that some of them were planning to commit suicide following the intention of the state government to acquire their ancestral land.

They said there was no iota of truth in the publication.

Addressing journalists at the residence of the oldest man in the community, Ichie Idenwagu Charles, the chairman of Amaezike village, Ichie Offo Uchenna said the alleged suicide attempt was “a creation of mischief makers and blackmailers”.

Accompanied by other elders of the community and youth leaders, Uchenna said contrary to claims by the Ngwuagu village, the said land was a subject of litigation before an Enugu High Court prior to the inception of the present administration, adding that their rival neigbouring village had been trespassing on the property against the order of the court.

The community leader said the Enugu State Government was intervening towards an amicable settlement of the land dispute involving the two villages.

While giving insight into the controversial land, he said, “My community is not having any issue with the Enugu State Government and nobody is threatening to commit suicide anywhere, contrary to the media report. The land in question belongs to Ngwuagu and Amaezike villages. The land has been a subject of dispute in court since 2006.

“We beckoned on the State Government to mediate and assist us as father to settle the problem we are having over the land. Our neighbouring village, who are now laying false accusation aganist the state govermnent, went there, parcelled the land, cancelled our previous perimeter survey. They went there started building house and selling the property to individuals, neglecting court order. The court told us to farm and not to build houses.

“But they disobeyed the court and even threatened to kill any one of us from Amaezike that visits the land. They sold the land, they are not living there as they falsely alleged.

“So, that is why we begged the State Government to come and settle this case between brothers, so that everybody will live in peace and unity in Abor.”

On suicide claims, Uchenna emphasized that, “There is no committing of suicide anywhere, they are just using it to blackmail the State Government and attract cheap popularity.

“I repeat, nobody is committing suicide, our ancestral home is in Abor, Udi Local government area, that land in question is a grass land that belongs to two of us.

“Whoever is laying that accusation against the Government has to be questioned because what they are doing is to deliberately castigate the government of the people.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/02/enugu-community-denies-reported-suicide-alleged-forcedul-land-acquisition/

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Chileads(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
At this century communities are still fighting over land in Africa...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by heinrichy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Enugu State is in Hand of God
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by McBaronComedy(m): 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2018
pls how much igbo is selling 2 fresh breast
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin foto looking like nollywood something

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by McBaronComedy(m): 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
Mtcheew, Abeggii how much is one breast one part of testes
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin grin

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin grin cheesy

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Aydesmond(m): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
Since I don't know what to say... Just check my signature, let's talk business
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by asdfjklhaha(f): 12:20am On Aug 03, 2018
OK
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by caleb725(m): 12:27am On Aug 03, 2018
shocked this people really have empty land
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by EponOjuku: 12:38am On Aug 03, 2018
Potopoto region is divided into 3 parts:

One part is for evil forest,
Erosion has washed away the second part,
They kill themselves over the third part.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Dollabiz: 1:02am On Aug 03, 2018
ohh
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by BabaRamota1980: 1:38am On Aug 03, 2018
Enugu people wan commit suicide because govt take their land. We know why. Enugu govt is collecting land in readiness for ranching.
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by BabaRamota1980: 1:40am On Aug 03, 2018
Suslol:
Ok

Add picture on your dp to convince
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by tomakint: 3:08am On Aug 03, 2018
Suslol:
Ok

There are better things to do with your life my brother, you can't stoop this low at this point in your life while I know it's your life but you must understand that it is not really YOUR LIFE......thank you as you turn over a new leaf.
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by DRJECKYLL(m): 4:42am On Aug 03, 2018
This govt better not take ancestral land from the rightful owners. An igbo man is guarenteed land at birth. One of the fee cultural practices that preserve our existence.
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by heskeyw(m): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2018
Chileads:
At this century communities are still fighting over land in Africa...

What? Is like u have never been to plateau state. Every planting season, a tribe must fight for land with another tribe.
I served in bassa lga(miango town ) , I resumed late because irigwe people was fighting with rukuba because of land. During my last days there, this same irigwe people fought with berom because of land also.
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Ppresh2017(f): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2018
Contact me if you need lands and buildings in Enugu state. 08039469395. We are genuine with all papers intact.
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by nice247(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2018
EponOjuku:
Potopoto region is divided into 3 parts:

One part is for evil forest,
Erosion has washed away the second part,
They kill themselves over the third part.
must u comment?
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2018
heinrichy:
Enugu State is in Hand of God

That’s the same mistake our fathers made you are also making!

The future of your state is not in the hand of any spirit but in the hands of its citizens!

I believe in GOD though
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2018
heskeyw:

What? Is like u have never been to plateau state. Every planting season, a tribe must fight for land with another tribe.
I served in bassa lga(miango town ) , I resumed late because irigwe people was fighting with rukuba because of land. During my last days there, this same irigwe people fought with berom because of land also.

Who did this to Africa? Any hope this things would ever end?
Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by EponOjuku: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2018
nice247:
must u comment?

Are you the owner of Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition by heskeyw(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Who did this to Africa? Any hope this things would ever end?
It might not end.

(1) (Reply)

BBC IGBO Apologizes For Insensitivity Of It 'happy Eid' Post / Is Gej Shaping Dangote For Presidency Come 2015? / Anambra Kogi Oil Well Controversy: The Igalas Are Descendants Of The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.