Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu (742 Views)

₦7.1 Billion Fraud: Why EFCC Must Stop My Fresh Trial - Orji Kalu / Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by Gucciblog: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
The deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, who had earlier honoured the invitation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has opened up on why his interrogation was postponed.

While speaking to News Men on Friday, the deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, disclosed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agreed to delay his interrogation that began on Tuesday after he told investigators he was “not feeling well.”
Recall that Zenithnaija had reported that the Senator was grilled by anti-graft detectives on allegations of conspiracy, illicit asset purchases and money laundering from Tuesday morning until late evening, and was released on administrative bail and scheduled to return on Wednesday morning for continuous interrogation.

Ekweremadu's spokesperson, Uche Anichukwu said in a Friday morning statement that although he returned to the agency’s headquarters in Abuja on Wednesday as directed, he quickly sought a leave to attend to his health which suddenly became fragile between Tuesday night when he concluded his first day of questioning and Wednesday morning, Uche was responding to reports that his principal took ill after developing a high blood pressure under blistering interrogation by EFCC detectives on Wednesday.
He said: “There was no interrogation whatsoever on Wednesday, let alone presentation of so-called additional “facts” that purportedly triggered his blood pressure.”

He slammed the reports as an “orchestrated media trial” , adding that Mr Ekweremadu was able to convince EFCC doctors that he was too indisposed to be interrogated. “It was agreed that a new date would be fixed for continuation of the interview.”
A spokesperson for the EFCC did not immediately return requests for comments Friday morning.

https://zenithnaija.com/why-efcc-postponed-my-interrogation-ike-ekweremadu/
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
brb....busy
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by xpmode(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Juliusmalema:
brb....busy

Slam
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by merit455(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Juliusmalema:
brb....busy
Bleep
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
APC has made Nigerians take any news from any govt body or office with a pinch of salt.

They just lie about anything and everything no matter how minute or irrelevant it is.
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by Merimental(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
yet dey got no evidence...if ekweremmadu was in der party nobody will try dis mess...dis govt flop badly
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by lastmessenger: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ekweremadu you will overcome your enemies in this life and even in the life to come. You have been a senator for most of the time that democracy started in Nigeria and you are also a big business man, an academician of great repute recognized by international universities
A man of ekweremadu size can afford to own houses in all the cities of world but the dullard and his team of Fulani antigraft agencies have taken it upon themselves to silence all opposing voices to their agenda of ethnic domination and land grabbing and Fulani expansion. This is the only reason why they are witch hunting Ekweremadu.

Have we asked how buratai managed to own houses in Dubai and how buhari son who does not have a paid job managed to secure a bike worth over 50m? These are clear cases of corruption that have gone completely unnoticed by the Fulani anti graft agencies.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by ERockson: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Experiences and evidence have shown that any corrupt politician framing sick during investigation or prosecution is a confirmed thief yet to be sentence. This coward habit is very common to thief from the SE.
Re: Why EFCC Postponed My Interrogation - Ike Ekweremadu by FavourAkponome: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ok. pikin wen go fetch firewood na evening time dem dey wait for ram 2 return.

(1) (Reply)

Wike, PDP Seek For Judge To Grant Injunction Against INEC Declaration Of PHALGA / PDP Senators Threaten FIGHT With APC Over Saraki / Caption This Picture Of Three Heads Of State Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.