Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview (31981 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) / N2.5bn Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation / SABC Cancel Sowore’s Interview For Calling Nigeria ‘big Brother’ To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
thesicilian:

This is the kind of talk that makes you want to lay down your life for your country.

He is a gifted orator

4 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
HallaDaTruth:
What he said is the truth. I blame our so called polithiefcians. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RULING THE WORLD. And we will when we get our acts right. Nigeria is a Big testimony waiting to happen
but you are NOT!!!
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by eclecticbaron: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
Choi, the hurricane is coming and it will demand justice! Omo you can take that to the bank,asuming tribalism go gree us. I never knew Sowore was this good at oratory. The dude has my vote, assuming votes are usually counted in naija. We need people that will change the current status quo, real change vectors,no be person wey Axel Rod re-brand,oldwine in New skin.This sounds like something Sowore just said off-handedly no be script wey person write for am. South Africa own too much abeg. #Nigerianlivesmatters o! It's been a while I read something exhilarating from a Nigerian politician, really impressed. grin

7 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Naxtrad(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Yes SA must have been developed before Nigeria but over taking is allowed which we as Nigerians, have the capacity to do better only if we can put our act together...

1 Like

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Realdeals(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:
How is Nigeria South Africa's older brother?

South Africa was developed long before Nigeria even began to develop.

South Africa's oldest universities were built in the nineteenth century. Our oldest uni was built in the 1960s.

They've had good infrastructure for several decades before we started building ours in the 1960s.

The white colonialists actually spent SA's export proceeds from gold etc, in developing the country, unlike in Nigeria where they simply looted our resources to enrich the Queen and her cohorts. By 1960, Nigeria was an underdeveloped backwater with mass illiteracy and near zero infrastructure, while South Africa was already an industrialised nation.

So the truth is that South Africa is our older brother, not the other way round.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by malcom2x(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:

South Africa's oldest universities were built in the nineteenth century. Our oldest uni was built in the 1960s.

They've had good infrastructure for several decades before we started building ours in the 1960s.

The white colonialists actually spent SA's export proceeds from gold etc, in developing the country, unlike in Nigeria where they simply looted our resources to enrich the Queen and her cohorts. By 1960, Nigeria was an underdeveloped backwater with mass illiteracy and near zero infrastructure, while South Africa was already an industrialised nation.

So the truth is that South Africa is our older brother, not the other way round.

You clearly do not understand, it's not about physical development but about Nigeria's role in the growth of Africa as a black nation. It's about the key importance of Nigeria to Africa. Both in military might.

Besides, S.A was not a sovereign nation at the point of industrialization you mentioned. They lived as slaves in their fatherland.

On the other hand, the young man, Sowore should have been more diplomatic about his statement. He's just an aspirant yet.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Naxtrad(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
eclecticbaron:
Choi, the hurricane is coming and it will demand justice! Omo you can take that to the bank,asuming tribalism go gree us. I never knew Sowore was this good at oratory. The dude has my vote, assuming votes are usually counted in naija. We need people that will change the current status quo, real change vectors,no be person wey Axel Rod re-brand,oldwine in New skin.This sounds like something Sowore just said off-handedly no be script wey person write for am. South Africa own too much abeg. #Nigerianlivesmatters o! It's been a while I read something exhilarating from a Nigerian politician, really impressed. grin
If I have reasons to go get my PVC, I think this is one not about what he said but his thinking...

3 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by babatee90(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
This guy really got balls...Nigeria really need someone like him that's I'd they don't kill him and that's not to say I fully trust him...but giving him a benefit of doubt wouldn't be bad

3 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by notoriousbabe: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
E pain dem

1 Like

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by delpee(f): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
The FG and Nigerians were so passionate about the fight for freedom in SA in the 70s and 80s. Most musicians sang freedom songs and we were given the honorary status of a frontline state because of our massive support. The frontline states were African countries close to SA like Zimbabwe, Namibia and Angola.

All Federal Colleges and Universities had SA students who were on scholarship and well cared for even during holidays. Why they have turned round to 'hate' us baffles me. Or maybe our citizens are doing something wrong there.

3 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by homebase(m): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sowore and the new generation of politicians were the reason i got my PVC even in
the face of frustration from INEC staff in my local govt.

More so i am tired of these demonic and vampire traditional politicians call Sarakis, Tinubus, Buharis
APC, PDP, Obasanjos, Atikus e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
Realdeals:
[/quote]

[quote author=malcom2x post=69964551]

You clearly do not understand, it's not about physical development but about Nigeria's role in the growth of Africa as a black nation. It's about the key importance of Nigeria to Africa. Both in military might.

Besides, S.A was not a sovereign nation at the point of industrialization you mentioned. They lived as slaves in their fatherland.

On the other hand, the young man, Sowore should have been more diplomatic about his statement. He's just an aspirant yet.

Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by tundemoen: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
MrHowto:
For Calling Nigeria ‘South Africa’s Older Brother’, South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Interview With Sowore
You have my vote already. Falling in love with u....we are winning back our pride. Nigeria, biggest brother Africa

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/03/calling-nigeria-%E2%80%98south-africa%E2%80%99s-older-brother%E2%80%99-south-african-broadcasting-corporation

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by shine12: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:

Excellent analysis and breakdown
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Samuel6962: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:

So the truth is that South Africa is our older brother, not the other way round.if you are not conversant with African history the take you phone and Google Nigeria influence on the freedom of South Africa
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by abdullahI24: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
And somebody is building statue.....if u know u know!
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by evy800(f): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mk them go siddon jhoor if e pain them pass like that mk them go hug transformer...he don tok am he don tok am cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
izombie:
true talk my brother. First time i saw atm was the first time i travelled out of nigeria to south africa. Heck nigerians still see shopping centres as malls. Fact is south africa s way ahead of nigeria.

What’s the difference between a MALL and SHOPPING CENTER

ITK nor go kill una for NL

4 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by KingKingKing: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
What do Nigerians really want... Pres Buhari go London go insult Nigerians dem Lambaste am for Social Media, Sowore go South Africa go talk better thing about Nigeria, some idiots still dey insult am.

Some Online idiots have sworn never to see anything good in Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Counselor123: 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
God bless you Sowore. Your statement showed patriotism and loyalty to your fatherland. Many of our so called politicians are not as bold as you are.

7 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Amacaco: 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Nigeria is and will always be South Africa 's elder brother. The fact that they are more developed than us not withstanding, Nigeria became free and independent several years before them and helped immensely in the fight against apartheid. Nigeria is more populous than any other African country including South Africa. That the youngest or younger one in a family is richer does not make him to be older than his elder brothers or sisters in the family.

5 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by skallion7(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:

Utter balderdash, Romans once ruled the world and even the USA was under Britain before. Now USA is the boss, you would've said SA is more advanced and stop dishing stupid fact

3 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by baysol: 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
Realdeals:
Watch the moment Sowore made the statement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47kUqHxAg4
Well articulated statement. The truth is south africans are lazy lots that hate to hear anythong Nigerian because of our igbo criminal activities in that country. Let the xenophobes deal with it no apologies.

1 Like

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Mariosmart007: 11:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:
Idiot think they have time for nonsense..

Big brother with the largest poverty in the world.

World most hated country.

World most corrupt

To top it off world most stupid citizens supporting a failed nation.

Spits
talk for your self not everyone is stupid has you, i will not include your family cos your stupidity is yours alone.......

2 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by dongidz: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
In the beniginging..........
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by victrick105: 1:14am On Aug 04, 2018
izombie:
true talk my brother. First time i saw atm was the first time i travelled out of nigeria to south africa. Heck nigerians still see shopping centres as malls. Fact is south africa s way ahead of nigeria.

you are the only one way behind, both you and the other guy you quoted are suffering from.... something.... something...... I mean something more than inferiority complex, maybe let's say a syndrome we call ITK in Nigeria, full meaning I too know, Imagine how many years ago ATM came into Nigeria, and someone said he first saw it in SA.... anyways, the main reason I quoted you is because of the shopping complex and mall Radarada you were saying, both terms can be used interchangeably though there's a slight difference, so don't see your country men as backwards because of a mistake even the white men make... English is not your fathers language, so it's not a trophy, call it a Shopping Centre or mall or whatever, you are still correct.

2 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by jbtobsyn(m): 1:32am On Aug 04, 2018
eclecticbaron:
Yeah lets help him campaign in our own little way.

2 Likes

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Babysho(m): 1:38am On Aug 04, 2018
shine12:

Excellent analysis and breakdown

He got it all wrong actually
Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by Babysho(m): 1:46am On Aug 04, 2018
thesicilian:

This is the kind of talk that makes you want to lay down your life for your country.

I truly believe in Sowore. He's not the perfect ruler in terms of political experience but I'm too sure that he'll do 70% of what he says, especially in areas of REALISTICALLY reducing cost of governance. Which is better than whatever Buhari can ever bring to the table.

1 Like

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by shotuns: 1:52am On Aug 04, 2018
Sowore needs to go back to school to study political. Science , To be a leader you need sound education and diplomacy to engage other nations, be a good listener and speak in relation to the question.
This is one thing I like about Obama.

1 Like

Re: South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview by shotuns: 1:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Well,Sowore could be a good leader,but in Politics experince matters and one of the reason why fomer office holders have better Judgement and are being consulted for advise on crucial matters. 70% isnt enough to lead a country like Nigeria. You need 99. 9% in all . Remember Nigeria is a complex institution.

Babysho:

I truly believe in Sowore. He's not the perfect ruler in terms of political experience but I'm too sure that he'll do 70% of what he says, especially in areas of REALISTICALLY reducing cost of governance. Which is better than whatever Buhari can ever bring to the table.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Appoints Presidential Election Petition Legal Team / INEC Cancels, Reschedules Elections In Rivers LGA / Jonathan, Atiku, Danjuma Goje, Ned Nwoko, Nwulu Honoured At Who Is Who Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.