Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This (1087 Views)

ACCREDITED Courses In OAU You Need To Know!! / FUTO Lecturer's Message To His Student Who Chose Kaduna For His IT / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by TheOdd1sOut: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
In the early hours of yesterday , the Nigeria University Commission through JAMB has notified some students seeking admission into Obafemi Awolowo University that their first choice course has lost accreditation.

The JAMB notification also further instructed the aspirants to change their courses or institution as soon as possible.

The notification reads "" Your first choice course did not receive accreditation. Login to your profile and change course/institution ""

This has left aspirants and students of the institution on the fence regarding the issue of non Accreditation by the Nigeria University commission (NUC).

The affected courses include Faculty of law & Dentistry with Department Botany and medical Rehabilitation

Speaking with OAU Peeps News Agency, Olawale, one of the aspirants stated that the notification came as a shock to them yesterday. He stated that this has made most aspirants unhappy because the notification means, the affected departments will not admit candidates for the 2018 Admission Year. He further stated that the developments has made them to either change course or institution which is against their initial wish.

Speaking with OAU Peeps News Agency, President, Law Students Society, Adedigba Daniel confirmed the disaccreditation of Law.

In his words,"" Yes, I can confirm that Faculty of Law has lost accreditation but I am very sure that the authorities are already working on palliative measures to the development. Currently, the Vice Dean is in Abuja"".

It could be recalled that in the year 2006, the faculty of law, OAU lost accreditation likewise in 1992 which made law students to be forced to other faculties especially Faculty of Arts.

Also speaking , a student of health sciences who pleaded anonymity stated that they all knew about the development this morning, he stated that the accreditation was lost due to some equipment not available for students especially in laboratories.

Meanwhile Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju, the university Public Relations Officer, said and promised to get back to the agency after he would have been fully informed by the Chairman Committee of Deans.

However, all efforts to speak with the University Vice Chancellor and Registrar proved abortive.

_from oaupeeps_
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by mictima(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2018
This is a sad development!

The available cheap ones are now loosing relevance!
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by kingjms010(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2018
Pls, are you sure medical rehabilitation was included cos I received no such test from Jamb be it as SMS or E-mail? Pls o.
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by Zizaxbast(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
Some well recognized schools like OAU and UI are only dwelling on their past glory ........sorry to say ....

my Sch (Federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta) haven't lose its accreditation due to inadequate equipment since its inception......we have more than enough in our laboratories and our labs our very well okay (fitted with modern equipment)........but no one will believe me bcoz it's a specialized sch until that person make a visit .......
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by TheOdd1sOut: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
Zizaxbast:
Some well recognized schools like OAU and UI are only dwelling on their past glory ........sorry to say ....

my Sch (Federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta) haven't lose its accreditation due to inadequate equipment since its inception......we have more than enough in our laboratories and our labs our very well okay (fitted with modern equipment)........but no one will believe me bcoz it's a specialized sch until that person make a visit .......
shut up. How can you say that the best university in Nigeria is dwelling on past glory
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by Barbilius: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
Zizaxbast:

Why won't FUNAAB have accreditation with all those agricultural courses they run... compare that to a school that runs medicine and see the huge cost and yet they are still underfunded by the government

1 Like

Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by HigherEd: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by Fabulous0019(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
Zizaxbast:

Clearly from someone who did not pass OAU post UTME
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by Hardebaryor(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lalasticlala help OAU aspirants
Re: If You Know That You Chose OAU.. You Have To Know This by TheOdd1sOut: 10:58am On Aug 05, 2018
La-la... Please move to fp to inform others

(1) (Reply)

[FUOYE] Pullls Out Of ASUU Strike Announce Resumption Date / Jamb 2019 "Sweet Sixteen" Audio Summary With Over 150 Practice Questions!! / Uniuyo Aspirants 2021/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.